AMAZING MAW Story

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

AMAZING MAW Story

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon May 12, 2008 11:18 pm

You can find the story here.

This little girl has a very rare disease that causes her to have violent seizures. In June, she will be undergoing a radical surgery to have half of her brain removed in order to halt the progression of the disease. The family was granted a trip to WDW by MAW so she could dance with Cinderella. Later, her town held "Jessie Hall Day". The entire town was decked out in pink and showed their support for her family. It is truly a touching story.

Petite and Proud!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: AMAZING MAW Story

Post by ktulu » Mon May 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Yeah, this is local to me and Wombat. Sad and happy all at once...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon May 12, 2008 11:57 pm

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 am

Here is a link to the family's blog. You can read about the MAW trip and everything their family is going through.

Ktulu: All I can say is you all have an amazing community to rally behind the family like that. Your city must be heaven on earth.

Petite and Proud!

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue May 13, 2008 12:29 am

Okay, how do I embed a link?

Petite and Proud!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue May 13, 2008 1:11 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Okay, how do I embed a link?
You click on the blue and gold icon above the message pane and put the link into the window that pops up. To add one manually, the format is:

{URL="http://etc"}text to display{/URL}

But using square brackets instead of curly braces.

HTH

Zazu

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue May 13, 2008 2:26 am

Huh. When I added the quotations it didn't work for me. Thanks for fixing it Zazu!

Petite and Proud!

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue May 13, 2008 4:11 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Huh. When I added the quotations it didn't work for me. Thanks for fixing it Zazu!
BB Code is a tad bit different than HTML, lol. You don't need to put quotation marks around the address in order to get it to work.

Back on topic, it's a really touching story. Hopefully, they're able to cure what ails her. To think that we've advanced so much medically in the past 50 years that we can cure things like this that used to be regarded as lifetime disabilities just amazes me sometimes.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote: Ktulu: All I can say is you all have an amazing community to rally behind the family like that. Your city must be heaven on earth.
Yes, Texas is God's country, but this girl is from Aledo. I live in Lewisville, but we would rally around a girl like this as well. It is the Texan thing to do, along with opening doors for women, letting pregnant women, mom's with little ones, elderly (etc) have seats while waiting in restaurants, on public transportation, etc. We're polite, but we also like to shoot/blow things up :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 13, 2008 9:50 am

When my parents were here the time before last, they rode all the way from Portland with a couple MaW kids. It was one of the neatest experiences... Disney flies Princesses out to meet them, the airlines and cities through which they fly go all-out, the airports serve cake and refreshments at their gates, and the planes get washdowns upon landing. When they arrived in Orland, my brother was at the baggage claim, and I couldn't hear him on his phone over the cheering for these two kids and their families.

I would love to be a Disney ambassador to Make a Wish, helping the children and their families in getting to Disney World. Meet up with them at their home and be there for them every step of the way so they don't even have to think about anything but the excitement of coming to visit our World.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?