SGT On Craigslist

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

SGT On Craigslist

Post by Syndrome » Fri May 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Bolding mine:

found camera on monorail, Mar 27th (mgm to epcot)

my friends and i found a digital camera on the monorail, it'd be a shame to keep it or throw it away. has a lot of pictures. i guess you went to seaworld too?! anyways if you lost a digital camera on the monorail from mgm reply and describe yourself and the camera, and if it's you, i'd be glad to mail it to wherever you are. thanks!
found it march 27th!

At least they're nice SGs!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: SGT On Craigslist

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Fri May 09, 2008 11:58 pm

That's awesome! It tooke me a minute to figure out why they were SGs as I sort of glossed over the from MGM part, lol. At least they are trying to be responsible, even if they are confused. I'm wondering why they didn't turn it into lost and found though. Maybe they figure that nobody will read it and then they can keep the camera with a clear conscience.

Petite and Proud!

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sat May 10, 2008 8:33 am

Syndrome wrote:Bolding mine:
found camera on monorail, Mar 27th (mgm to epcot)
I thought they tore that one down a couple of hours ago :p:

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat May 10, 2008 9:26 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I'm wondering why they didn't turn it into lost and found though.
Someone should answer that ad telling the finders that!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 pm

My first thought -- is that it's a deliberate mistake to weed out the fake replies. I suspect lots of people might claim that the camera is theirs, and thus will claim in ignorance to have ridden a monorail from MGM. Just a thought.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat May 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I agree with Wombat. Though I could swear that back in 1998 they have a monorail from MGM.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat May 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Nope. They were going to. If you look at the Swan and Dolphin you will see a black square in the middle of the triangle. The reason the square is there is that when they were built they were left with a hollow spot like the Contemporary that the monorail was giong to go through. The plans were scrapped when they realized that the concrete alone would cost over a billion dollars, and this was back in the 80's!

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm

BRWombat wrote:My first thought -- is that it's a deliberate mistake to weed out the fake replies. I suspect lots of people might claim that the camera is theirs, and thus will claim in ignorance to have ridden a monorail from MGM. Just a thought.
That is a good built in confirmation, but honest people that did loose their camera would eliminate that found one, because they were not on the monorail!

Of course, then again, maybe its just the way the "finders" are self justifying keeping it! (no one contacted us!)

I would think, like a PP said, that they would give it to security for "lost and found" if they really wanted to do the right thing.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat May 10, 2008 4:50 pm

What do you mean there is no monorail? I was walking down main street in MGM today and saw a monorail thingy go through the parking lot, dropping everyone off!

What is so hard about the concept of there being no huge concrete beam around?

Kurt

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat May 10, 2008 9:48 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:If you look at the Swan and Dolphin you will see a black square in the middle of the triangle. The reason the square is there is that when they were built they were left with a hollow spot like the Contemporary that the monorail was giong to go through.
Nice story, but WRONG!!!

Those black squares are just decoration. Think about it, those buildings aren't that thick. A monorail would have to make three or four stops just to get all the doors in front of a platform.

The master transportation plan does include a monorail station at the Duck-N-Guppy, but the monorail route goes *between* the two resorts (and thus can have a long enough platform for a whole train).

The story about the black squares is widespread, but it simply isn't true, and never was.

Zazu