CMs who never think about SHOW

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: CMs who never think about SHOW

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu May 15, 2008 2:36 pm

How is it that we kill our BOCAs on a pretty regular basis then? Yikes! Of course, ours is a gen-u-ine antique! :eek:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:How is it that we kill our BOCAs on a pretty regular basis then? Yikes! Of course, ours is a gen-u-ine antique! :eek:
Well, like I said, We don't have near the volume of printers that you guys have.. :p:

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu May 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Is it possible for WDW APs to get a plastic ticket? My paper one constantly dies.

Kurt

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Is it possible for WDW APs to get a plastic ticket? My paper one constantly dies.
Nope, and it wouldn't help your problem if you could.

The mylar ticket media has a much more robust mag stripe than the plastic cards. The former is designed to last a year, the latter only two weeks.

You probably want to find a new place to keep your AP -- some place far from credit cards, fridge magnets, or cell phones, as these are the primary card killers.

Zazu

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Mon May 19, 2008 1:19 am

kurtisnelson wrote:Is it possible for WDW APs to get a plastic ticket? My paper one constantly dies.
They do sell some nifty plastic holders for passes, don't they?

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Mon May 19, 2008 12:50 pm

You can buy the plastic holders and lanyards inside the park at different stores.
You would not believe how many guests (especially those who purchase travel packages through travel agenets) ask us when they get their tickets if we give those plastic holders away free in the booth. Then they are upset that DL wants to actually make money on such things!!! The nerve of DL wanting to make money on them!!!

TT

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon May 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Terrytunes wrote:You can buy the plastic holders and lanyards inside the park at different stores.
You would not believe how many guests (especially those who purchase travel packages through travel agenets) ask us when they get their tickets if we give those plastic holders away free in the booth. Then they are upset that DL wants to actually make money on such things!!! The nerve of DL wanting to make money on them!!!

TT
Heck, I use the one I bought at DLR to hold my security passes at work, a lot of people do a double take when they see the Mickey head reel that holds them!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon May 19, 2008 5:08 pm

smart1hermione wrote:They do sell some nifty plastic holders for passes, don't they?
But then I will look like a tourist!

Kurt

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 pm

You will only look like a tourist if you wear a hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts with black knee socks and sandals. LOL
I need to see if I still have pics of me dressed up like a Disney park tourist for Halloween 2 years ago. I had a (rather beat up) WDW shirt, a lanyard with fake pins all over it, the socks, the sandals, sunglasses, shorts and an autograph book that if I saw anyone else dressed up as a Disney Character I would ask for their autograph. LOL The big guy was Mickey and the munchkin was Minnie. I certainly wasnt gonna be Goofy, I am that naturally...LOL Besides I had a Goofy hat(ball cap style with the teeth on the brim) , that was close enuf.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 pm

vixen101485 wrote:the socks, the sandals,
Oh, so you were from Oregon?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?