CMs who never think about SHOW

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: CMs who never think about SHOW

Post by vixen101485 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:29 pm

LOL...I coulda been. I forgot the camera hanging from my wrist. Well I had to take pics right?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:40 pm

vixen101485 wrote:You will only look like a tourist if you wear a hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts with black knee socks and sandals.
I see a lot of those. Socks in Hawaii?!?!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm

vixen101485 wrote:You will only look like a tourist if you wear a hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts with black knee socks and sandals. LOL
I need to see if I still have pics of me dressed up like a Disney park tourist for Halloween 2 years ago. I had a (rather beat up) WDW shirt, a lanyard with fake pins all over it, the socks, the sandals, sunglasses, shorts and an autograph book that if I saw anyone else dressed up as a Disney Character I would ask for their autograph. LOL The big guy was Mickey and the munchkin was Minnie. I certainly wasnt gonna be Goofy, I am that naturally...LOL Besides I had a Goofy hat(ball cap style with the teeth on the brim) , that was close enuf.

Oh, you mean somethig like this? :p:

(You can't see the sandals with black socks) This was my Halloween costume from a couple years ago. Though I wasn't a Disney tourist, I was an annoying tourist here in Boston. I had a Boston street map, and on my way to the party in Boston I stopped by a tourist info booth, grabbed a bunch of brochures and stuffed my pockets with them. :)

The only problem was that on the way to the party I wasn't watching where I was walking and stepped into a big puddle. My foot was very cold and wet for most of the evening...

-Rob

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon May 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Rob562 wrote:Oh, you mean somethig like this? :p:

(You can't see the sandals with black socks) This was my Halloween costume from a couple years ago. Though I wasn't a Disney tourist, I was an annoying tourist here in Boston. I had a Boston street map, and on my way to the party in Boston I stopped by a tourist info booth, grabbed a bunch of brochures and stuffed my pockets with them. :)

The only problem was that on the way to the party I wasn't watching where I was walking and stepped into a big puddle. My foot was very cold and wet for most of the evening...

-Rob

The only thing you didn't do is to tuck in that hawaiian shirt! (Yes, I have seen some tourists do that!)

(and you forgot the white zinc-oxide on the nose!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Tue May 20, 2008 12:25 am

Rob562 wrote:

-Rob
Well, thats fits with the costume, you were too busy looking at a map that you stepped into a puddle.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 am

Loose the black socks, sandals, hat and fanny pack then you will see how I dress pretty much every day at home or on vacations.

I have a large collection of Hawaiian shirts..

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 am

Rob562 wrote:
Add some body makeup to give you a red glow and you've nailed it. For extra credit carry a shopping bag loaded with cheap t-shirts.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue May 20, 2008 10:44 am

JugglingFreak wrote:Loose the black socks, sandals, hat and fanny pack then you will see how I dress pretty much every day at home or on vacations.

I have a large collection of Hawaiian shirts..
Me too :) I am wearing one right now here at the office. Shorts, and my keen's. I'd be wearing flip-flops, but I'm driving the Jeep with the doors off and well, I don't want to lose a shoe. I tend to put one foot on the side of the Jeep as I drive down the highway.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 pm

LOVE the Fanny Pack! :D:
I have several embarassing pictures of Hubby wearing one to Disneyland, except he would wear it REALLY low so it hung about the level of his groin, extra funny effect! :eek: :rolleyes: :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Rob562 wrote:Oh, you mean somethig like this? :p:

-Rob
ROTFLMAO...Till I read the bottom part, I was like DUDE! Please tell me you dont dress like that on vacation.
People got a big kick out my mine(well the ones who figured out what I was anyway..lol)
Dont you love easy costumes. It's the details that make them neat, camera, shades, wet socks. LOL
DisneyMom wrote:LOVE the Fanny Pack! :D:
I have several embarassing pictures of Hubby wearing one to Disneyland, except he would wear it REALLY low so it hung about the level of his groin, extra funny effect! :eek: :rolleyes: :p:
LOL...Donnie loves wearing his butt pack to the parks. Why are people dumb enuf to wear them actually on their rear parts? Duh, how easy for a theif to just unzip their bag and steal stuff.
LMAO...Donnie and your hubby must be related. He does that too :rolleyes: I keep telling him all he needs is a kilt to complete the look. You know how the Scottish guys have those cute little purse things they wear in that spot..what are they called? Anyway, considering the man wears his pants so low on his hips that when he stands up, people behind him get blinded by a white moon I guess the pack is mild in comparison. LOL