You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

Post by smart1hermione » Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Cool- tell us why/what Star Tours is incorrect. I might learn something that will impress my husband, thereby earning me more trips to Disneyland! ;)
Pfft. Like I remember. I'm somewhat of a Star Wars -tard. Something about something being destroyed... or something... Here's the Wikipedia about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tours

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 08, 2008 10:39 pm

hermione: I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but "tard" is offensive to some people. There are several people on here (including myself) who either work with children with special needs or have children with special needs, and it may get taken the wrong way.

Petite and Proud!

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu May 08, 2008 10:56 pm

SRT_GB wrote:I remember when DLH was the only place at DLR that put hometowns on CM nametags, we used to joke that we'd put funny place names on our tags like Intercourse, PA, George, WA, or Truth or Consequences, NM, but nobody I knew ever did it. Never thought of putting Risa, or Mos Eisley, or anything like that. Some of the things you folks come up with sometimes make me actually miss working there. :eek:
Don't forget my favorite small town in Michigan. Hell.

Randy

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu May 08, 2008 11:05 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I guess they didn't want to lie to the guests, as nobody who comes to this board is anything close to normal ;)
Hey, I resent that. I am close to Normal. Yes, the celebrated home town of "Theme Park Where" is just up the road from my current location. But where "Where" left normal behind and moved to less normal places and people, I remained here close to normal. ;) :D:

Randy (in Champaign)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu May 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Randy B wrote:Hey, I resent that. I am close to Normal. Yes, the celebrated home town of "Theme Park Where" is just up the road from my current location. But where "Where" left normal behind and moved to less normal places and people, I remained here close to normal. ;) :D:
... in the only way it is possible for Randy to do so.

Zazu

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Zazu wrote:... in the only way it is possible for Randy to do so.
You got that right. :D:

Randy

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu May 08, 2008 11:46 pm

smart1hermione wrote:Pfft. Like I remember. I'm somewhat of a Star Wars -tard. Something about something being destroyed... or something... Here's the Wikipedia about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tours
Thanks Hermoine for the info, and to Eeyore's Butterfly for being sensitive. It takes someone being deliberately mean to get me upset, so not to worry. and don't worry about not knowing Star Wars stuff, I don't know all that much, and my co-worker who was IN THE FIRST MOVIE doesn't even know the names of the characters she played (creatures in Mos Eisley Cantina) :eek: I am trying to research them for her, but I know she would be just fine not knowing.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Fri May 09, 2008 2:28 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:hermione: I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but "tard" is offensive to some people. There are several people on here (including myself) who either work with children with special needs or have children with special needs, and it may get taken the wrong way.
I'm sorry, I should've used a more appropriate term. What I meant to say was "unknowledgeable in the Star Wars Arena". The austistic little girl I nanny gets called 'crazy' all the time and I get pissed at them.

Actually, you guys at DL might see her sometimes. Her family has APs, so they go all time time.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri May 09, 2008 8:04 am

DisneyMom wrote:Thanks Hermoine for the info, and to Eeyore's Butterfly for being sensitive. It takes someone being deliberately mean to get me upset, so not to worry. and don't worry about not knowing Star Wars stuff, I don't know all that much, and my co-worker who was IN THE FIRST MOVIE doesn't even know the names of the characters she played (creatures in Mos Eisley Cantina) :eek: I am trying to research them for her, but I know she would be just fine not knowing.
If you go to Amazon you can get a book which gives the backstory on at least 16 of the characters at the Mos Eisley Cantina at the time of the incident. This includes the band members (counts as one) and the bartender. Each is by a separate author, but they coordinated their stories to avoid conflict between the characters (other than conflicts which showed in the scene).

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri May 09, 2008 8:05 am

I went to college at Illiniois State University, which is in Normal. My family had moved to Michigan by that time, so every time I came home for vacations, I had to endure the inevitable, "Boy, we can't wait for things to get back to Normal!" from my parents!

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]