You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

Post by CBeilby » Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 am

Ok, I'll bite. How'd he get known as 105 at Indy?

SophiaHapgood
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SophiaHapgood » Wed May 07, 2008 4:04 am

CBeilby wrote:Ok, I'll bite. How'd he get known as 105 at Indy?
Seriously, I don't really think there's a specific story behind it, but the nickname is sort of self-explanatory. :p:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 07, 2008 6:16 am

Bug715 wrote:She was an odd one. One night as we were putting away the candy apples she started talking to the only one left on the tray that was behind the bulk counter. She told it that she wanted to take it home because it looked lonely. Another night she noticed while looking at our coordinator's name tag that he lived in the town next to her and asked him to give her a ride home.
ROFL! So totally sounds like DL's Peter Pan Lady has a sister at WDW. :D: :eek:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

HarryFromMarydelDE
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by HarryFromMarydelDE » Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 am

Bug715 wrote:How was he planning on driving home? interesting

While I was on my CP a lady started working with us and we called her crazy linda (I think that was her name). She was an odd one. One night as we were putting away the candy apples she started talking to the only one left on the tray that was behind the bulk counter. She told it that she wanted to take it home because it looked lonely. Another night she noticed while looking at our coordinator's name tag that he lived in the town next to her and asked him to give her a ride home. That was within the first week she worked there.

I went back spring break and saw her and said "Aww Crazy Linda is still here." My friend who'd worked in another area was so confused.
I can't think of a Linda off the top of my head, but I can't think of all of my sisters' names off the top of my head either, so that doesn't mean anything. Did she start around the same time as me? The ride home thing sounds familiar. Did she buy the apple?

-Harry

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -Jack Handy

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 pm

SophiaHapgood wrote:Seriously, I don't really think there's a specific story behind it, but the nickname is sort of self-explanatory. :p:
It just suddenly hit me. 105 in this case is referring to a reduced capacity, not of the ride, but of the operator.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

there is a nice sticky full of codes and acronyms some place around here.

105 = reduced capacity
Like instead of running 10 boats they are running only 3 boats.

Me hears the groans and hand to forehead slaps, OH.
If you do not know the codes then you do not get the joke, lol.

Mad Maxx
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mad Maxx » Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 am

Ah, the stories of 105 (or the CM formally known as ID)... Yeah, those are told every now and again when we have a crew of mainly newer people on the parade route. Gives them ideas of what NOT to do.
GuestJockey wrote:My new life goal is to get a name tag that says McLovin. Thank you.
Ya know, Ive seen a few interesting ones around the resort. There is one guy on Main Entrance whose name us Phuck. The sheer number of double takes that the guests do when they see it (heck, I do it half the time too) is rather funny.

Or there is that one RT/P CM who is from Mos Eisley, Tenn. Seeing that one makes me wanna try and get away with a few fun ones. Stuff like Moria, Ill or Khazad-dûm, (some country) to just see if you could get away with it. Course, it would be a lot easier to just do it if you were friends with one of the Parkside TeamCenter CMs... Common, you know you wanna be from Risa (the pleasure planet in the Star Trek Universe) or Klendathu (The planet of the bugs in Star Ship Troopers) or any other place that some nerd would understand. Ah, the possibilities...
Main Streeter wrote:ROFL! So totally sounds like DL's Peter Pan Lady has a sister at WDW. :D: :eek:
You know Peter Pan Lady works at the park now, right? Thats a fun one...

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 08, 2008 2:11 am

Who is the Peter Pan lady?

Petite and Proud!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu May 08, 2008 5:25 am

Mad Maxx wrote:There is one guy on Main Entrance whose name us Phuck.
You know Peter Pan Lady works at the park now, right? Thats a fun one...
Phuck is kinda cool. I like him. He's well mannered & always friendly as I trudge through entrance with my sign ins & all their crap. He smiles, nods, & never searches bags much. At least he realizes I'm not a threat. ;)

As for The Peter Pan Lady..... fun? Ya, riiight. No, I'm not even going to try. There is a thread abt her on SGT. May have been more of a WARNING than a thread! Luck follows me. Peter Pan Lady works on Main Street. :eek: :eek:
I only mentioned her because when Clothier's used to due Market House I had more than my fair share of shifts with her. OMG! She talked to the choc. chip cookies & even named them. Not MM deco cookies or snicker doodles, just the choc chips & they had conversations, or so she told us. :confused: One night I longed for yummy fudge when I was off, until Pater Pan Lady told me which fudge squares had names & exactly who/which squares told her they wanted to go home with me. :rolleyes: Ruined my fudge fantasy for weeks. :mad: Everytime the parade passed Market she'd tell us; "There is my son Peter Pan. I gave birth to him but he has forgotten." She then tears up. No, I'm not joking! She is just really very weird! Finally - someone on Main street much weirder than I am. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Thu May 08, 2008 8:22 am

I wonder if I knew "Peter Pan lady". Then again there were a lot of weirdos on Main Street at that time and I'm sure someone like that would have stuck out if I had a shift with her.

I never knew anyone with the name spelled "Phuck", but "Phuc" or "Phouc" are pretty common Vietnamese names. I probably even saw one or two, along with a "Thong".

There was once a time I managed to con a CM SG into handing his ID to me a couple of times so I could write his full name and department down because I believed he was abusing his discount. Then again this was when I was still new and cared about such things.

I remember when DLH was the only place at DLR that put hometowns on CM nametags, we used to joke that we'd put funny place names on our tags like Intercourse, PA, George, WA, or Truth or Consequences, NM, but nobody I knew ever did it. Never thought of putting Risa, or Mos Eisley, or anything like that. Some of the things you folks come up with sometimes make me actually miss working there. :eek:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005