You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 09, 2008 8:46 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:If you go to Amazon you can get a book which gives the backstory on at least 16 of the characters at the Mos Eisley Cantina at the time of the incident. This includes the band members (counts as one) and the bartender. Each is by a separate author, but they coordinated their stories to avoid conflict between the characters (other than conflicts which showed in the scene).
Is that the "Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina"? I'll have to look at that one. I believe the band was called "The Modal Nodes" and she played one of those characters, also one of the two-headed characters and a fuzzy wolf-like character. I need to look back into the origional cut as whenever I see the new cut I can't seem to see those last two.( I remember them, tho) I will stop now so Hermoine won't put me on "ignore" ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

DisneyMom wrote:Is that the "Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina"? I'll have to look at that one. I believe the band was called "The Modal Nodes" and she played one of those characters, also one of the two-headed characters and a fuzzy wolf-like character. I need to look back into the origional cut as whenever I see the new cut I can't seem to see those last two.( I remember them, tho) I will stop now so Hermoine won't put me on "ignore" ;)
Yeah, Lucas put a CG alien over the "wolfman" critter..

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 09, 2008 9:34 am

You can also read bio's of various characters (not just lead ones) on starwars.com.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 09, 2008 10:38 am

Again, thanks all for help. I will certainly impress my husband with all this knowledge, if not my co-worker :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 09, 2008 11:59 am

Theme Park Where wrote:I went to college at Illiniois State University, which is in Normal. My family had moved to Michigan by that time, so every time I came home for vacations, I had to endure the inevitable, "Boy, we can't wait for things to get back to Normal!" from my parents!
Well, just be thankful your first name wasn't Abby!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Hermione: No prob, I figured I wold point it out since that seems to be the new word du jour. I can't believe that with all of the current awareness on autism people are calling that little girl crazy. Grrrrrr. I sometimes sub in this amazing classroom we have at our Early Childhood Center. It is called Early Intensvie Behavior Intervention, and by the time our students go into kindergarten, many of them are indistinguishable from their neurotypical peers. It truly is a wonderful program, and I hope that as our successes get published, more schools will adopt it. It really is the closest thing to a cure that we have at the moment. I'll admit that the children can be a bit difficult to work with and their behavior is inexplicable at times, but to call them crazy? People can be very ignorant sometimes when it comes to dealing with people and children with special needs.

I remember a story from a pair of classrooms. One had a child with moderate to severe autism and hada para with him all the time. The kids were great with the kid, especially the little girls. The other had a boy with Asperger's who did not have a para or receive services. The kids in that classroom were horrible to the little boy. He had very poor social skills and would cry often, and the children would ridicule him. I don't know if they were even aware that he had Asperger's. It was heartbreaking because it seemed that since he did not have a para or receive services, in their eyes he was supposed to be "normal" and they didn't even take the time to get to know him or understand why was a little bit different.

Petite and Proud!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri May 09, 2008 11:49 pm

SRT_GB wrote:I wonder if I knew "Peter Pan lady".
You would not have worked with her as she's only been a CM abt 5 mos. or so. I'll do a search & see what I come up with Eeyore. I know there were posts on SGT site abt her last yr. This is how I recognized her when I first worked with her. Of course the reddish Peter Pan hair cut is kind of a valid clue. :eek:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat May 10, 2008 12:02 am

She certainly sounds like quite a character. Which I guess means she is in the perfect job! ;)

Petite and Proud!