You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: You gave a Guest your WHAT?!?!?!

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 am

The Star Tours guys all had Star Wars planets as their hometown for some time. It's still not unusual to see a ST CM from Endor, Tatooine, Dantooine, or Hoth.

I had enough trouble getting them to put Normal, IL on my nametag back in the '90s when we first started doing the hometown thing, and it really IS my hometown. I finally had to attach a map to the nametag form with Normal circled on it.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm

I guess they didn't want to lie to the guests, as nobody who comes to this board is anything close to normal ;)

Petite and Proud!

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Everyone has one chance to be normal. I was born there. I'm under no further obligation! :twisted:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Can somebody link to the thread about Peter Pan Lady? I tried searching for it but had no luck.

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu May 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:Everyone has one chance to be normal. I was born there. I'm under no further obligation! :twisted:
Hmm, good point!!!

hehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:18 pm

mechurchlady wrote:there is a nice sticky full of codes and acronyms some place around here.

105 = reduced capacity
Like instead of running 10 boats they are running only 3 boats.

Me hears the groans and hand to forehead slaps, OH.
If you do not know the codes then you do not get the joke, lol.
*groans* :rolleyes:
Theme Park Where wrote:The Star Tours guys all had Star Wars planets as their hometown for some time. It's still not unusual to see a ST CM from Endor, Tatooine, Dantooine, or Hoth.

I had enough trouble getting them to put Normal, IL on my nametag back in the '90s when we first started doing the hometown thing, and it really IS my hometown. I finally had to attach a map to the nametag form with Normal circled on it.
Ha! That's too funny!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Thu May 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:The Star Tours guys all had Star Wars planets as their hometown for some time. It's still not unusual to see a ST CM from Endor, Tatooine, Dantooine, or Hoth.
Sure, it might not be a very Disney thing to do, but that's good show.

Whenever I take a boy to DL, they always have to go on Star Tours and let me know every minute detail about why Star Tours is chronologically incorrect.

I need to stop dating geeks.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu May 08, 2008 6:26 pm

smart1hermione wrote:Sure, it might not be a very Disney thing to do, but that's good show.

Whenever I take a boy to DL, they always have to go on Star Tours and let me know every minute detail about why Star Tours is chronologically incorrect.

Cool- tell us why/what Star Tours is incorrect. I might learn something that will impress my husband, thereby earning me more trips to Disneyland! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu May 08, 2008 7:38 pm

smart1hermione wrote:Sure, it might not be a very Disney thing to do, but that's good show.

Unless there was a third death star that popped up suddenly...

Geeks rule :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu May 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Just to clarify, the Star Tours nametag "home planets" were Disney sanctioned. In fact, Disney encouraged it. We went through a year when Disney wanted to add "fun elements" to each attraction. The ST cms got the SW planets on their nametags, blasters, Ewoks to carry around, etc. At Muppets, we got the small flexible stuffed Kermit the Frogs. We could put them in a pocket or safety pin them on our costumes. I had mine lying on it's stomach with his head in his hands and this feet up - like this:

Sorry the picture's blurry. Not my best photography effort!

We actually had one woman who made little outfits for hers, including a miniature of the Muppets cast costume. We never knew how Kermit would be dressed, although she had special occassion outfits for Christmas, etc. Another guy had the whole Muppet Labs costume, with the lab coat (required), goggles, and false teeth. We were rewarded for creativity in those days, and were allowed to theme to the max. There were restrictions, of course, but it seems the cast was more inclined to have fun with the themeing in those days, and were less likely to take advantage of it.