Stupid Labor Tricks...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Labor Tricks...

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 06, 2008 8:58 am

Cranbiz wrote:Don't even get me started about stupid labor tricks.

They approved my change in availability and then scheduled me when I was unavailable.

When I called them they said tough luck, try to give it away.

Oh well, I just called in sick that night.
Too bad Richard D. is on that TA, because he could get that fixed right away for you. Of course, good thing he's on that TA because that means that I am going to get to work directly with him starting in about a month... :D:

Announcement coming soon...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue May 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Don't even get me started about stupid labor tricks.

They approved my change in availability and then scheduled me when I was unavailable.

When I called them they said tough luck, try to give it away.
They tried to pull this on me once. Scheduled me to work during an approved vacation. I came back to an order to report to the area office for a termination interview due to four consecutive no call/no shows.

"Gee, Zazu, I really didn't expect this sort of thing from you."

"Ah, but it's exactly what I've come to expect from this Company." I said, "Here, look at these," and handed him the ADO requests with the days off stamped "approved".

"Well...." he started.

"Look carefully and you'll even see whose signature is on those."

"Um, this is my signature...."

"That's because it's you who are going to make this all go away, right?"

"Er... right."

Zazu

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:44 pm

Zazu wrote:They tried to pull this on me once. Scheduled me to work during an approved vacation. I came back to an order to report to the area office for a termination interview due to four consecutive no call/no shows.

"Gee, Zazu, I really didn't expect this sort of thing from you."

"Ah, but it's exactly what I've come to expect from this Company." I said, "Here, look at these," and handed him the ADO requests with the days off stamped "approved".

"Well...." he started.

"Look carefully and you'll even see whose signature is on those."

"Um, this is my signature...."

"That's because it's you who are going to make this all go away, right?"

"Er... right."
It was like the time I was walking to class in New York and got a call from Epcot labor telling me I got a NC/NS for my shift that day. I was like
"That's strange considering I am seasonal and haven't been scheduled for two months. I live in New York City and couldn't possibly have been scheduled."
Their response "Take it up with your CSM"
Luckily they got my record expunged due to the Scheduling Screw Up.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed May 07, 2008 1:46 am

Zazu, I wish I was as quick-witted as you. That definately would've helped me in some of the difficulties I had with Knott's, though they aren't union. I would've been able to shish-kabob a certain ride operations manager instead of him shish-kabobing me. Oh, well, water under the bridge....

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Wed May 07, 2008 7:59 am

Another Stupid Labour, or in the case of the DLR, Cast Scheduling, trick:

I just found out that we're moving scheduling requests online to The Hub from next month. Why do this, particularly when the paper based system is doing just fine and so many DLR CMs just do not simply get The Hub (sad, but true)?

"Florida does it. It's more environmental."

:banghead:

(And it doesn't include an EHH, we still have to call in and beg our Stage Schedulers for extra shifts)

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sat May 10, 2008 3:13 am

Another Stupid Cast Scheduling trick

Good News: I've been approved for Cross Training to Cashier! :D: (This is for me what Soarin' is to CMGuy, lol)

SCST: I'm scheduled to be trained the week I'm on a Leave of Absence and ON THE OTHER END OF THE COUNTRY!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat May 10, 2008 5:56 am

glendalais wrote:Another Stupid Cast Scheduling trick
SCST: I'm scheduled to be trained the week I'm on a Leave of Absence and ON THE OTHER END OF THE COUNTRY! :banghead:

Just another bit of proof scheduling is on crack. ;) As far as scheduling putting all on The Hub for your locations.....welcome to "Frustration Land" & our world. :confused: The Hub isn't really a problem. Simply NEVER TRUST IT! Most CMs still rely on printed schedules in the book or call SCS. The Hub will never be reliable until.....well, the jury is still out on this anomaly. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Sat May 10, 2008 9:48 am

glendalais wrote:Another Stupid Cast Scheduling trick

Good News: I've been approved for Cross Training to Cashier! :D: (This is for me what Soarin' is to CMGuy, lol)

SCST: I'm scheduled to be trained the week I'm on a Leave of Absence and ON THE OTHER END OF THE COUNTRY!

Congrats! Though I would be pretty frustrated if they screwed up my cross-training. Hopefully they will be able to do it as soon as you get back!

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:04 am

glendalais wrote:Another Stupid Labour, or in the case of the DLR, Cast Scheduling, trick:

I just found out that we're moving scheduling requests online to The Hub from next month. Why do this, particularly when the paper based system is doing just fine and so many DLR CMs just do not simply get The Hub (sad, but true)?

"Florida does it. It's more environmental."

(And it doesn't include an EHH, we still have to call in and beg our Stage Schedulers for extra shifts)
Actually, I'd been wondering for a long time why there wasn't a way to submit requests electronically before, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:07 am

Oh do I have a Stupid Cast Scheduling Trick.

I recently was cross-trained to Cashier. However, for whatever reason, the past few schedules have only had me at Host.

Get this. I just found out, that, despite all the e-paperwork I filled out, Scheduling FORGOT to put me into the system as knowing Cash, meaning that they would not schedule me Cash shifts.

And this is after it took them nearly 8 months to approve my Cross Training, and after I had to have two managers contact them.

God, sometimes I can't help but think Scheduling doesn't believe I exist :rolleyes: .

---------------------------

And another SCST. We've recently implemented our new Online Scheduling Request system. It is WDW's Labor Service Center with a different name and logo - they've imported the system completely, cutting off some features which they want to introduce later or which don't apply to DLR CMs.

However, it's fairly clear that there are some areas which, despite all the time they spent adapting the system to the DLR, they've overlooked.

Namely, references advising CMs to contact Labor Recording - a department which does not exist here on the West Coast; and in one instance, which, to their credit, has been corrected already, giving out WDW Labor's telephone number.

You've just got to wonder how our scheduling system doesn't fly apart at the seams, lol.