Stupid Labor Tricks...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Stupid Labor Tricks...

Post by Randy B » Mon May 05, 2008 12:39 am

smart1hermione wrote:That would be horrible.

But just a warning for CMs in the next decade or so... My friends have APs and plan to spend every day at DL when they're in their ninth month. Waiting.
Just remind them that if they get in line for Big Thunder Mt AFTER the water breaks the attempt tends to be a bit obvious. :D: ;)

Randy

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Mon May 05, 2008 12:42 am

Randy B wrote:Just remind them that if they get in line for Big Thunder Mt AFTER the water breaks the attempt tends to be a bit obvious. :D: ;)

Randy
:eek:

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon May 05, 2008 12:50 am

Look at it another way, have them banned for life for smuggling someone in without paying!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Look at it another way, have them banned for life for smuggling someone in without paying!!!
Yea, but under 3 is free. And no matter how you look at it an age in the negative numbers is definately under 3.

Randy

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon May 05, 2008 2:27 am

To my knowledge via the press, there have been three or four births at DLR. I remember the first one, about 30 years or so ago. Lady went into labor, and it was moving fast. Took her and her party awhile to walk to First Aid. But she got there in time, the nurses were a bit out of their element, and had to improvise. I remember seeing the picture of mother and child in the hospital, being given not a lifetime pass, but an official Disneyland birth certificate by Mickey Mouse. I am sure First Aid got the needed supplies for the next time.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Mon May 05, 2008 8:17 am

getting back on topic, I put in a labor request to work a few extra days for this week (ending the 17th). I get the request back with this comment:
This request has been approved but will not take effect until the week beginning 5/18/08. Thank you for using the Labor Service Center.
and I'm not scheduled any more than my normal 2 days week ending the 17th. EHH and shift exchange, here I come. :rolleyes:

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

smart1hermione wrote:Oh yeah, that's what I meant.

I remember reading about someone giving birth on HM, and the baby got a lifetime pass for HM. That was when you had to pay for each ride.
That is SO not true.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon May 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Don't even get me started about stupid labor tricks.

They approved my change in availability and then scheduled me when I was unavailable.

When I called them they said tough luck, try to give it away.

Oh well, I just called in sick that night.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Well I called them this morning and they were like "Huh, that's weird. Our mistake we'll take them off."
It was surprisingly simple. Now I just have to wait and see if they schedule me starting the 20th. My neuroses are acting up...

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Tue May 06, 2008 8:06 am

They actually did the same to me. When I changed from HR over to Blue Man Group at Universal, I had to change my availability at Disney. They said they couldn't do it, so I had to go seasonal. That means instead of having me two days a week, they get me two days a year. Nice. I picked up a part time position at a local bookstore, and they actually pay more per hour anyway. I'm not getting quite as many hours, but I'm also not working 7 days a week every week anymore so I'm not calling in. In the long run, I think Disney outsmarted themselves.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]