Stupid Labor Tricks...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Stupid Labor Tricks...

Post by CMGUY89 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 pm

glendalais wrote:Oh do I have a Stupid Cast Scheduling Trick.

I recently was cross-trained to Cashier. However, for whatever reason, the past few schedules have only had me at Host.

Get this. I just found out, that, despite all the e-paperwork I filled out, Scheduling FORGOT to put me into the system as knowing Cash, meaning that they would not schedule me Cash shifts.

And this is after it took them nearly 8 months to approve my Cross Training, and after I had to have two managers contact them.

God, sometimes I can't help but think Scheduling doesn't believe I exist :rolleyes: .
LOL, Same thing happened to me at Soarin'!
The scheduler didn't find out until I put my preference bid with Soarin' as 1 that I was trained at Soarin'. I just kept getting scheduled at the Land and would get pulled every single day!

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:37 pm

AAAGGGH! :mad:

After all the ridiculousness I went through this past week regarding my apparent lack of Cashier Knowledge, as mentioned above, you would think Cast Scheduling would have finally gotten it right, no?

Alas, I tried to put through a Shift Change with another Cashier, and I got this back:
This request is denied as [glendalais] does not have CS Job knowledge. Thank you for using R.S.V.P.
:banghead:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:10 pm

It is a conspiracy on both coasts.

OR

The job requirement to be a scheduler at WDCo is to be an idiot.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:13 pm

A-frelling-men. I've lost track of the number of times that they've scheduled Purpie for back to back closing/opening shifts. No Double Back, unfortunately, but only like 8 to 10 hours between shifts, leaving her barely enough time to sleep before she has to get up and go back to work.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Seems that they never (well, almost never) make the doubleback mistake. They will have it fine tuned to the last minute.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 am

glendalais wrote:Oh do I have a Stupid Cast Scheduling Trick.

I recently was cross-trained to Cashier. However, for whatever reason, the past few schedules have only had me at Host.

Get this. I just found out, that, despite all the e-paperwork I filled out, Scheduling FORGOT to put me into the system as knowing Cash, meaning that they would not schedule me Cash shifts.

And this is after it took them nearly 8 months to approve my Cross Training, and after I had to have two managers contact them.

God, sometimes I can't help but think Scheduling doesn't believe I exist :rolleyes: .
And now a Stupid Labor Trick.

Look up, see the SCST. The exact same thing happened to me here at WDW.

And Labor Operations failed to realise and correct this until very recently despite the fact that I've been picking up Register/MATRA shifts all over property.

It's almost as if Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Scheduling has an aversion to me working a Register....