Dropping off items for autographs?

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by acourtwdw » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I hope a cruise line CM can help! Over on board D, there is a thread about dropping off items (shirts, pillow cases, picture mattes etc.) at Guest Relations for the characters to sign. These items are then returned to your stateroom at the end of your cruise. I need to know if this is a giant pain in the ... for CM's or is it acceptable? I don't want to do anything that makes a CM's job any harder.

Thanks
Annette



EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 8:13 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:07 pm

I have heard never heard of this method, but typically characters love signing autographs. It's always a treat to get a book or something backstage when they have the time to personalize it, and guests can typically get hard to find autographs. This usually happens if a child loses a book and a CM is replacing it, or as a favor to friends/families of CMs. I have not heard of taking a book to guest relations, but it is worth a try. Believe it or not, we like doing things to make the guest's day, especially when the guest is appreciative and not demanding.


Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Insane Diego

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:58 am

Well, the night shift engineers have to DO something!!!!!



hehehehehehehe


:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by Theme Park Where » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:50 am

Boy that's for sure! I had a scavenger hunt for Caribbean Beach one year and one of the items was as many Disney autographs as you could get. I bought an autograph book and went around the parks getting autographs. Then I ran into a character on set (Goofy I think) and told him why I needed the book. He hijacked it. His assistant told me to come on back later. An hour later the book was full, including some characters who didn't actually come out to meet guests anymore! I won a weekend at the resort with that scavenger hunt! (I still have the autograph book too)


"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 pm

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:39 am

Theme Park Where wrote:Boy that's for sure! I had a scavenger hunt for Caribbean Beach one year and one of the items was as many Disney autographs as you could get. I bought an autograph book and went around the parks getting autographs. Then I ran into a character on set (Goofy I think) and told him why I needed the book. He hijacked it. His assistant told me to come on back later. An hour later the book was full, including some characters who didn't actually come out to meet guests anymore! I won a weekend at the resort with that scavenger hunt! (I still have the autograph book too)
Ooh, you win for the best Goofy encounter EVER! I love Goofy! He is my man...dawg...man..dawg...he is my fave! ;)

That is a cool autograph book to have. You could lots of $$$ on eBay for that! hint...hint...you can find me at ebay scouring for very cool Disney memorabilia like that!!! hehehe :p:
No, that is a keeper. Enjoy it! I have lots of autographs and a teeshirt with sigs all over. I love getting them and pics with the characters. One of my very favorite part of a trip to Disney.
That would be cool if the characters do that on a cruise. I would like to know as well. When we go, I want lots of autographs!

Maybe Zazu knows. He takes a LOT of cruises! Oh, Zazuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

sues


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

User avatar
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5131
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:00 pm
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone
Location: Dallas area
Contact:

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:43 pm

acourtwdw wrote:I hope a cruise line CM can help! Over on board D, there is a thread about dropping off items (shirts, pillow cases, picture mattes etc.) at Guest Relations for the characters to sign. These items are then returned to your stateroom at the end of your cruise. I need to know if this is a giant pain in the ... for CM's or is it acceptable? I don't want to do anything that makes a CM's job any harder.

Thanks
Annette
Not a CM, but on our most recent cruise we were told the same thing by a crew member, and it was strongly implied that it might be the preferred method to drop off items for signatures because it made the character greeting lines move faster. And there were times when some popular characters were out just for pics and greetings, and the handlers would say "no autographs."


"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Insane Diego

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 pm

BRWombat wrote:Not a CM, but on our most recent cruise we were told the same thing by a crew member, and it was strongly implied that it might be the preferred method to drop off items for signatures because it made the character greeting lines move faster. And there were times when some popular characters were out just for pics and greetings, and the handlers would say "no autographs."
That would make good sense, that way you could handle two to three times as many (or more) for pictures!

(BR you need to go back to your "gopher" picture for this thread!!)


:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

User avatar
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:45 pm
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant
Location: 717 Miles NNW Of DLR

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:...the handlers would say "no autographs."
I can't tell you the number of times that's happened when I arrive on the Hobie jet.


Image

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King


Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

User avatar
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4133
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:00 pm
Park: WDW
Position: retired
Location: 8 miles east of Spaceship Earth
Contact:

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by Zazu » Thu May 01, 2008 1:52 am

Princess Susi wrote:I love Goofy! He is my man... dawg... man... dawg... he is my fave! ;)
So..... you're saying you like it dawggie style? :tmi:
I have lots of autographs and a teeshirt with sigs all over. I love getting them and pics with the characters. One of my very favorite part of a trip to Disney.

That would be cool if the characters do that on a cruise. I would like to know as well. When we go, I want lots of autographs!

Maybe Zazu knows. He takes a LOT of cruises! Oh, Zazuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
I'm here, you don't have to shout.

Yes, there are characters aboard the Disney Cruises. Not everyone of course (somebody has to stay ashore and work the Parks), but they trade off.

As for getting multiple signatures by sending your book backstage, that's going to depend on who's aboard and how busy things are. Worth asking though.


Zazu

User avatar
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Reedy Creek, FL

Re: Dropping off items for autographs?

Post by hhsrat » Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Princess Susi wrote:He is my man...dawg...man..dawg...
Perhaps a Mawg? Half man, half dawg. (would that make him his own best friend?)



Post Reply