I just want to eat...sometime!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I just want to eat...sometime!

Post by Sioban » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Now, as some of you know, I have issues with the dining plan down to its concept. This post isn't about that. I just got a little annoyed by my call to dining today.

I called dining because my brother decided he wants to join me on my mother's day trip. I've had my dining reservations set up for 2 months (which I HATE having to do) and now had to see if I could add 2 more people to brunch. Fine. Whatever. I call and in what should have been a 5 minute max conversation I am put on hold 3 times for several minutes at a time. I never even got to the part where I needed to pay. I eventually hung up (I was trying to give the person the benefit of the doubt in case they were new or something) and called right back and got it all done in less than 5 minutes.

Anyone know if dining calls are going to the outsource place due to volume or something? Didn't seem like the person I talked to 1st was a CM. I am almost positive that I got a last name too. (BTW, I called the cast line, not regular dining #)

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I just want to eat...sometime!

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:38 pm

I have had... different... experiences every time I call service lines.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Not a cast memeber, but can you send an e-mail?
I made all my dining plans and reservations that way, and tye were all taken care of very quickly.

Also, e-mail seems to be taken more seriously, as there is a documentation to that request. (and a "paper trail")

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:31 pm

I got everything done just fine when I called back. I've just never had it take so long before. I've had the new people who read every single thing off the screen, I've had the "talkers" which always take forever to get everything done because they just chat. I really don't mind them too much. But I've never been put on hold for so long and for so many times before. It was just an odd experience.

I do greatly miss when I could just call from my resort or from the park and make reservations for that day (or 15 minutes after I called). Seems that there are only very few times when you can still do that. I'm sorry, but I just don't have any idea where I want to eat 6 months from now.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Sioban wrote: Anyone know if dining calls are going to the outsource place due to volume or something? Didn't seem like the person I talked to 1st was a CM. I am almost positive that I got a last name too. (BTW, I called the cast line, not regular dining #)
Big Wallaby wrote:I have had... different... experiences every time I call service lines.
You're going through what's known as an ACD (Automatic Call Distributor). There are usually multiple groups that can be in the same physical location or distributed over a wide area. Depending on load you can end up at a number of different groups within the ACD. Some groups may be overloaded because agents within the group have gone into offline mode to catch up on paperwork.

If you do hang up and call again the, ACD will recognize one group is overloaded and route you to another one.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks Hobie, I figured it was something like that.