American SGs Mar Tokyo Disney's 25th

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

American SGs Mar Tokyo Disney's 25th

Post by glendalais » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Well, the buzz across the Disney net right now is that several members of the National Fantasy Fan Club, a major Disney Fan Club, on a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort for its' 25th Anniversary, among other things, assaulted a Guest Control CM, and then demanded that she be arrested by the police for assault.

From Board Y (not X, Y, I'm original like that :p :)
The first incident occurred at the entrance plaza to TDS on Monday morning. Reportedly, there was an attempt at moving between queues over a barricade, and a guest control CM intervened. The guests involved reportedly would not act as directed and insisted on jumping the barricade, and within a minute, a physical altercation had broken out between one of the guests and the CM. Numerous security and "suits" then became involved, and one of the guests started yelling at the top of his lungs, and a 20-minute one-sided shouting tirade began, which migrated from the turnstiles to Guest Relations, and reportedly included demands that the police be called to have the CM arrested for assault. The suits were able to de-escalate the situation. Had the police actually responded, I'm sure the looks on their faces would have been priceless when they were told by an angry foreigner that a girl that was probably half his age, performing her duties as a guest control CM, had attacked him and needed to go to jail.
And I thought Fantasmic! GC was bad O_O.

I just talked with a friend of mine who's a CM at TDR (she was one of the Exchange Students who I hosted last year), and she concurs with the general opinion on the net - CMs over there are pretty shaken up over the incidents, including several who have been driven to tears.

Yep, that's right, incidents, this group of SGs basically proceeded to terroize the TDR and its' CMs for the entire duration of their stay. I'm sure other stories will emerge in due course.

The sad part of this was, this group had scored a reservation at Tokyo Disneyland's Club 33, as well. Nice way to repay the generosity of whoever got them that reservation, eh?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: American SGs Mar Tokyo Disney's 25th

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:55 pm

HEY, he paid alot of $$$ to be there :deadhors: Sorry

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:58 pm

Too bad Disney dosn't utilize its international connections, and band them from not only Tokyo, but all Disney properties as well!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:30 am

You'd think that after all these years, we would've finally outgrown the "Ugly American' label. Guess not.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:07 am

I'm not defending this as I am not aware of anything other than the original post.

However, I personally know at least five of the people who are in that group who went. I called the husband of the NFFC President last night after I read it. (His wife is on the trip, but he was in a "crunch" situation at work and could not get away for a week.)

They are all on their way home as I post this. He told me that she had called twice during the week reporting on the trip and had not told him anything about such an incident.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Owww, Thats gotta be embarassing for them!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:47 pm

That's so appalling. This incident might give the NFFC a bad name. I was a member of that group in the Anaheim Chapter for a few years and wne to their shows since 1999. So sad indeed (clicks tongue and shakes head.

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I'm not defending this as I am not aware of anything other than the original post.

However, I personally know at least five of the people who are in that group who went. I called the husband of the NFFC President last night after I read it. (His wife is on the trip, but he was in a "crunch" situation at work and could not get away for a week.)

They are all on their way home as I post this. He told me that she had called twice during the week reporting on the trip and had not told him anything about such an incident.
This is actually a major issue on Boards X, Y, and Z, as well. There is, apparently, audiovisual proof that the people involved in the first incident were members of this group, but at the same time, there are members of the group who are saying it wasn't them.

Either way, there was a large group of North American SGs who spent the entire week terrorizing the TDR and its' CMs. Whether or not they are actually affiliated with this fan group, I guess we'll figure out in time.

On the other hand, I just got some other stories. Apparently this group also had a tiff at their hotel. My friend works in the parks, so she really couldn't tell me that much about it. But they were apparently alledging that the CMs at the hotels were biased against them because they were (North) Americans.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 pm

I have since talked to people in four different families in three states that were with the NFFC Trip.

A few things which, I feel, blow away the truth of the original posting.

The board on which the original post was quoted from had comments against the NFFC starting in March, including the thread from which the original post was quoted. These comments did include that there would be trouble during the event. I wonder how they were so prescient.

The people who run the board where the comments were had attempted to get reservations for the Club 33 event after the deadline had passed. The public posting were that payment had to be received by February 29th due to commitments to Club 33. Any money received on or after March 1st was returned to the senders. This was due to having to have given Club 33 a firm number by March 1st and not wanting to have had to do a lottery since the people who had paid on time had been guaranteed seats.

On Wednesday, two days after the alleged incident, the President/CEO of Oriental Land Company was a speaker at the meeting that NFFC had. If the incident had occurred, does anyone think that the top official of the company that owns TDL/TDS would have attended a function of a trouble-making group.

The Treasurer of NFFC, who is an Attorney, contacted the people who posted that pictures had been taken of the problems. He asked for copies of the pictures, stating that NFFC would be willing to pay all costs related to making and chipping copies, so that NFFC could identify any people involved to take disciplinary action against them. He was told that none of the pictures came out and they would be unable to provide him with any photographic evidence.

There were many photos taken by NFFC members while waiting in the queue prior to park opening, with posed shots. In several of the photos there were TDS CMs, including managers, visible and just standing around.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Hmm...this probably means that there were just a higher number of SGs than normal at Tokyo Disney that week (which given the large number of people present for their anniversary, is understable), and their CMs (along with the Disney online community) are just sorta putting things together that shouldn't have been put together in the first place.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if I have offended anyone :o: . While I'm still sure there were American SGs galore at TDRs 25th Anniversary, I'm sure now that they weren't affiliated (beyond normal SG behaviours endemic to guests in general) with this group.

:o: