Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

Post by felinefan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 pm

With her attitude, she will probably be unemployed longer than you. And it'll be her fault.

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 pm

At Soarin' dispatch times are vital. We used to have a CM that would actually get over the PA when the gliders landed and say "Ya'll need to get up and get out, we got other people that want to ride! Get!" I stood there in a state of shock the first time I heard her say it and of course, said "You can't do that!!!" It was her first week so I thought, hey maybe she didn't know any better...
Needless to say, she was reprimanded within the next few days (she kept at it and a coordinator happened to hear, or so I heard) and eventually let go for a whole other reason. But geez, I know SGs move slow but some really can't move any faster!

[font="Tahoma"]"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
[/font]

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 am

DDuckLover wrote:"Ya'll need to get up and get out, we got other people that want to ride! Get!"
Reminds me of a former CP I had the (dis)pleasure of working with ... spieled to the guests as their plane came back into the station at Barnstormer ... nothing wrong with that, but it's what he said that ended up getting him fired.

"Welcome back ya'll, now get the {expletive deleted} off my plane. Yeehaw!"

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm

DDuckLover wrote:At Soarin' dispatch times are vital. We used to have a CM that would actually get over the PA when the gliders landed and say "Ya'll need to get up and get out, we got other people that want to ride! Get!" I stood there in a state of shock the first time I heard her say it and of course, said "You can't do that!!!" It was her first week so I thought, hey maybe she didn't know any better...
Needless to say, she was reprimanded within the next few days (she kept at it and a coordinator happened to hear, or so I heard) and eventually let go for a whole other reason. But geez, I know SGs move slow but some really can't move any faster!
hhsrat wrote:Reminds me of a former CP I had the (dis)pleasure of working with ... spieled to the guests as their plane came back into the station at Barnstormer ... nothing wrong with that, but it's what he said that ended up getting him fired.

Is it just me, or does it seem like SCMs at WDW are in touch with their inner Western Movie star.

"Get!", "Yeehaw!"??? If they weren't so SCM-y, they'd be great in Frontierland :p: .

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Fun show, just plain and simple fun show.

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:03 pm

When I am packing at Indiana Jones and trying to get people to fill all available space on the benches, I will tell them: "Don't worry if the person you will be sitting next to smells bad, they think you smell just as bad." It always gets a laugh.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 pm

hhsrat wrote:Reminds me of a former CP I had the (dis)pleasure of working with ... spieled to the guests as their plane came back into the station at Barnstormer ... nothing wrong with that, but it's what he said that ended up getting him fired.

Yikes...and how quickly were they back at Vista Lay, packing their bags? :rolleyes:

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 pm

You know... about that, move over thing? One thing that really confused me, was the people shouting, from both aisles on either side durring Fantasmic the last night I was there... they were all shouting "Move to the end of the row to make more room, people need to sit!"

Needless to say those of us on the bench were quite confused, as there are two ends of those benches and they are both accessible for people to get into. Wouldn't "Move to the center" make more sense in those cases? Needless to say most people just stayed where they were... and several people replied "WHICH END?"

8^S

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 am

glendalais wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like SCMs at WDW are in touch with their inner Western Movie star.

"Get!", "Yeehaw!"??? If they weren't so SCM-y, they'd be great in Frontierland :p: .
Well, the Toontown costume IS a bandanna-print shirt and wrangler jeans, so the "yeehaw" kinda fits the theming. The f-bomb, on the other hand, doesn't fit theming ANYWHERE, and yes, that former SCM was packing his bags within 24 hours.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:You know... about that, move over thing? One thing that really confused me, was the people shouting, from both aisles on either side durring Fantasmic the last night I was there... they were all shouting "Move to the end of the row to make more room, people need to sit!"

Needless to say those of us on the bench were quite confused, as there are two ends of those benches and they are both accessible for people to get into. Wouldn't "Move to the center" make more sense in those cases? Needless to say most people just stayed where they were... and several people replied "WHICH END?"

8^S
Hmm... interesting to get this from your persopective. One of the things I've had to get used to is the fact that we don't always ask people to do the most logical thing, or word it in the most logical way... we have to word it in a way that everyone'll understand and at least follow a little bit. So, we don't always say things in the most accurate way. That can be confusing.
hhsrat wrote:the "yeehaw" kinda fits the theming. The f-bomb, on the other hand, doesn't fit theming ANYWHERE
I'm reminded of a few CP's in 'Rails, one of whom extended his program. Christmas Eve we were working the same platform, and when people would wish him a Merry Christmas, he would respond that he was atheist and didn't believe in Christmas. I quickly pulled him aside and told him no matter what his beliefs, he needed to humor our guests. They believe in and are here for Christmas. He came back with saying they were idiots for believing in Christmas, and I told him that didn't matter. If he didn't want to deal with it, he needed to leave.

It's one thing to acknowledge and even laugh at the occasional SG, or the fact that pretty much every guest is not quite banging on all 8 cylinders when they come here, but to think they are idiots for what they celebrate? If they are here for Christmas, wish them a Merry Christmas, or Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever they are here for.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:It's one thing to acknowledge and even laugh at the occasional SG, or the fact that pretty much every guest is not quite banging on all 8 cylinders when they come here, but to think they are idiots for what they celebrate? If they are here for Christmas, wish them a Merry Christmas, or Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever they are here for.
Don't forget Festivus!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.