Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 am

Amphigorey wrote:WDI and the animators are explicitly exempt from the Disney Look standards.
That much is obvious, take a look at that one Imagineer with all kinds of weird ear rings and all in his ear. They don't work in the parks nor directly with guests so I have no problem with WDI and the animators not having to follow Disney Look.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:52 pm

BRWombat wrote:Maybe they're borrowing the "Streetmosphere" idea from the Studios? While you're golfing, you run into characters that make you think you're on a low-rent public course somewhere? :rolleyes:
Ha! That's pretty good. The only thing that'd be missing is that they didn't leave empty PBR cans on the greens or take six practice swings then duff a ball 15 feet.

I will say this (and Cranbiz might know this driver): I saw some fantastic show from a bus driver named Hector on Tuesday morning of my trip. He was driving the Saratoga - Epcot run around 9 in the morning and I was on his bus with maybe ten other people. He was leading the whole bus in singing Christmas carols and chatting everyone up about the parks, and it really was heartening! I just had to shake his hand on the way off the bus. So much nicer than the MiMs.

Another great line, from a Friendships boat captain on the way out of Studios: "My wife and I were married for 40 years and we never had an argument. Why? On our honeymoon, I took her to Hong Kong. On our 40th anniversary, I picked her up!" :D:

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Shorty82 wrote:That much is obvious, take a look at that one Imagineer with all kinds of weird ear rings and all in his ear. They don't work in the parks nor directly with guests so I have no problem with WDI and the animators not having to follow Disney Look.
That's Joe Rodhe, and he is made of awesome and win.

Bochocho
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Bochocho » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 pm

I was curious about this very topic this past week...
I'm not complaining, because it didn't bother me at all, but I was curious if this was considered bad show...
We were watching HSM3 at the Studios. The hat is walled off right now, and workers were in a boom lift working - just feet behind the HSM stage. At one point a couple guys in paint suits were standing in the boom watching the show. It was just very... Odd. The guys were right there, just feet away watching.
Here's what it looked like before the guys got in the lift:

Again, it didn't bother me at all. I'm the last person to have a problem with someone doing their job. I just thought I remembered things like that being done after hours.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Ideally, those types of things are done after hours, but sometimes that is just not possible. There may be logistics involved that make doing it at night inadvisable, despite the high-powered lights that Disney uses for its after-hours workers. I have no idea what was going on in this particular case, of course, but I would be surprised if there weren't a good reason for it.

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Moonliner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Bochocho wrote:I was curious about this very topic this past week...
I'm not complaining, because it didn't bother me at all, but I was curious if this was considered bad show...
We were watching HSM3 at the Studios. The hat is walled off right now, and workers were in a boom lift working - just feet behind the HSM stage. At one point a couple guys in paint suits were standing in the boom watching the show. It was just very... Odd. The guys were right there, just feet away watching.
Here's what it looked like before the guys got in the lift:

Again, it didn't bother me at all. I'm the last person to have a problem with someone doing their job. I just thought I remembered things like that being done after hours.
I thought the 'bad show' you were referring to here was High School Musical 3.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Is it bad that I can claim to have walked through the school those movies were filmed in for a completely unrelated reason?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Bochocho wrote: Image
I see 3 instances of Bad Show

1. The Big ___ Hat
2. HSM 3 show
3. Hi-reach lift onstage and raised during park hours

#3 wouldn't exist if not for #1, so I vote to eliminate #1, which would thus get rid of 2 bad show elements with one fell swoop. And if they timed the demolition correctly, they may be able to remove #2 as well.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 pm

hhsrat wrote: 2. HSM 3 show
One of my brothers gave this great line, "Anyone who went through high school hates HSM." I think I need to agree.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Bochocho
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Bochocho » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Moonliner wrote:I thought the 'bad show' you were referring to here was High School Musical 3.
Hahahahaha! I laughed loud and long at that.
I agree, but I won't tell my six year old. She loves that... Music. :p: