Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Bad show, just plain and simple bad show.

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Lasolimu wrote:One of my brothers gave this great line, "Anyone who went through high school hates HSM." I think I need to agree.
I also agree. Shutters at the thought of high school.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:07 pm

It's also, in my experience, universally reviled amongst actual Musical Theater Performers (older than the target demographic) in my area. There was a local version of "High School Musical on Stage!" done here a few months ago. Our choreographer from Wizard of Oz was slated to do that up next... she was dreading it something awful, but she couldn't convince anyone in Wizard, or any of the people in my primary troupe (whom she's choreographed two shows for in the last three years, and love her) to even go out for it... the universal answer was to the effect of "No thanks. Highschool Musical, isn't a real musical."

8^S

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm

It's great, a little bit south of me, really close to where I work actually is a theatre that has two stage, one for parodies and the other for real shows. They are currently running a show called Home School Musical. The plot is simple, a politician wants to end home schooling because they don't do enough with the arts, so all the kids in town that are home schooled get together to put on a musical. I am going to go see it on closing night because their stuff is really funny and we have season tickets.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Moonliner wrote:I thought the 'bad show' you were referring to here was High School Musical 3.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 pm

I had a fellow CM (when I worked at Wold of Disney) yell from one side of the store to the other, "You know what [my name], you can suck it!" I seriously stood there in shock :eek: .

I also had a CM fight with me when I told her to get off the phone. I just walked back stage and told all the other CM's and we all laughed and watched to see if she'd get caught by an MOD, but it never happened.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Was this a cast member on the phone while on stage? :confused:

I know what happens when a cast member is caught texting on stage. I saw a manager give the cat member a strong warning if they are caught again texting while on stage, they will be terminated.

Is this true? :rolleyes:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 am

turkeyham wrote:I saw a manager give the cat member a strong warning if they are caught again texting while on stage, they will be terminated.
Is this true? :rolleyes:
No Verbal nor Written given if a CM is TXTing on stage. Termination is immediate - as per the last 3 weeks of check ins. The cell issue is repeatedly gone over in Traditions.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CycloneMan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:06 am

She was talking on the phone! She was down stairs by Guest Services, next to the Bathrooms. I said, "Fine, if you want to talk on the phone, go to the CM elevator! Other wise, get off!" As I was walking away I said, "Are you going?" and then she said to me, "I heard you're warning! Okay! If they want to fire me, let them ****ing fire me! What ever!"

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm

CycloneMan wrote:She was talking on the phone! She was down stairs by Guest Services, next to the Bathrooms. I said, "Fine, if you want to talk on the phone, go to the CM elevator! Other wise, get off!" As I was walking away I said, "Are you going?" and then she said to me, "I heard you're warning! Okay! If they want to fire me, let them ****ing fire me! What ever!"
I think we should take the poor girl up on her offer.

Zazu

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CycloneMan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:40 am

It's okay, she got laid off with me.

Budget cuts suck :(