So appreciative

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
june1st1997
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

So appreciative

Post by june1st1997 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm

I may not say this correctly, but I wanted to say it.

I am continually impressed with the character interaction at DLR. I have a
2 year old who LOVES LOVES characters. And each of our last 2 visits those have truly been the the highlights for us.

This past Sunday we encountered Eyeore on Main Street who was sooo attentive and playful. Then we had a wonderful exchange with the Penguins in Fantasyland. I had just shown DD Mary Poppins the day before and she LOVES the penguins in the film, so meeting the penguins was a delight for her. You could see it on her face... they were her friends.

Then we headed to the Princess Fantasy Faire... My favorite spot. We have been there before and love it. This time was no exception, but she is changing so much I feel like she got even more out of it.

6 weeks ago we had a wonderful interaction on with Snow White during the coronation. DD had just become a princess fan and Snow White was her favorite. We bought her a SW dress and went to go visit, but the line was just too long... We hung around, colored and got some lunch. The coronation begins and there is Snow White on stage. DD (in her SW dress) and I rush down to the floor to do the maypole. We are going around and DD turns to find Snow White right there on the floor next to her! She was speechless. Snow White was so kind and engaging. It was 30 seconds that meant everything to me. I got teary. I knew who struck my little girl was.

Well DH waited in line and we got our picture with the princesses and Aurora was wonderful as well. So sweet. DD really responded to her.

Well were were just there this weekend. Now DD has moved on to Belle ( She LOVES the dance scene in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (she is only allowed to watch the musical numbers in these films). So DD has her Belle dress and we wait in line to meet the princesses... And there is Belle. Our first visit... She was sooo gracious. She danced with DD. There was my little Belle (who always asks to dance "Beast Belle") dancing with Belle. The joy. I was ecstatic and so thankful. I could only imagine how thrilling that must have been for DD.

Then the big finale... Princess Minnie. DD ran into her arms. So affectionate ... like they were long lost friends. And the honest hug DD gave her. Minnie was so kind and we have the best picture of DD kissing Minnie on the nose.

I've been reading this board awhile and delight in the stories... I love reading about Shorty's adventure and delight in becoming a cast member.. I'm a HUGE DISNEY FAN...

But with my little girl I see a side of the park I have never seen. The characters are magical, truly.

So I wanted to say to Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Minnie, Eyeore and all the rest of the Disney family... Thank you.

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: So appreciative

Post by CMGUY89 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:39 pm

It is so nice to hear such positive stories about character interactions. I have quite a few friends in entertainment, albeit at WDW with me, who are friends of characters and I know that it truly takes a special person to do that. I am so glad to hear that the characters were creating magic for you, that was always my mother's favorite part of taking us to WDW when we were younger.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:59 pm

I love your picture! And I agree, character interaction (and stories) is so much fun.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm

june1st1997 wrote: But with my little girl I see a side of the park I have never seen. The characters are magical, truly.

So I wanted to say to Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Minnie, Eyeore and all the rest of the Disney family... Thank you.
I will wholeheartedly second this. Even if my daughter, now 5, had not gone on a single ride, her week in the parks was MADE by the characters and their "friends". She got as much or more joy from the intereactions with all the characters than from any rides she went on. We all loved the rides, but the magic is in the character interactions, and the non character cm interactions. When asked her favorite ride, she says Buzz Lightyear, but quickly changes the topic to how she met Ariel, Kim Possible, Cinderella, and all her other favorites. And how she got to dance with Sebastion. I hope Sebastions friend knows what a big deal that is for a little girl.

We didn't get to do all the rides we wanted, but it did not matter, because the CMs and Characters are really where the magic comes from !

Keep it up CMs !