Grad Nights, You Can Get Away With........

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
scoobygirl92882
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Grad Nights, You Can Get Away With........

Post by scoobygirl92882 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:12 pm

One of the first grad nights that I worked after I had Hired in, I was in the tower position at Pirates when I caught tis kid stand up at the first drop. I got on the PA and told him to sit down. He did, then as they came around to the next drop, he decides to switch rows right before the boat went over the drop. I stopped it and yelled at him again.
So need less to say, I yelled at him through out the entire ride. I yelled at him for jumping out of the boat, staning up, sticking his hands out, etc. So, finally he returns to the station, where I happend to be waiting for him. I pulled him aside and said, "why am I talking to you?" He shrugged and said "I don't know." Thats when I let him have it. I told him this: "You are a young adult. If you have enough brains to graduate high school, then you have enough brains to act like an adult. I should not have to tell you to sit down or to keep your hands inside. Like that stunt you pulled jumping out of the boat you could've fallen in and we would be dragging your body out of the water." The he inturupts me and says "how did you see me?" Well duh :roll: . I told him " We have cameras." And his resopnse was "you have cameras on this ride?" And I said "ya think? We have 23 cameras on this ride (we really only have 13. just said that to scare him :wink: ) and I watched you the entire time. Do you think I was yelling into the ride to amuse myself? We recorded your image and sent it to security so if you screw up again, your grad night is over."
After that, I kicked him off the ride permantly for the rest of the night, and with that, I have never seen a kid run so fast out of a ride in my life. The best part was I knew I scared him cause when I mentioned sending his image to security, the color drained from his face and he went white. So, at least I made impression on someone that night!!! :lol:

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:57 pm

Grad nights=good times, bad times. Some of my best and worst memories are of grad nights. Cutting loose on jungle with the grad night spiel. Walking to your locker backstage and seeing all the kids that were being "naughty" lined up. Kids humping left and right on all the rides like Benobo Chimps on Animal Planet and of course, my favorite, confiscating *party favors* from them. We used to save it all and have some fun parties after grad night season was over.

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Tim Gaines
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Tim Gaines » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:49 pm

I never had to work on GRAD night but I hear theyre a blast. Heck, I may just have to reapply to do so. However, I suppose I had my own fun times regardless of Gradnight, infact, I never let NON-GRADNIGHT stop me. There was a time on Auto when I was bored, so for the hell of it, and I do mean the hell of it, I stopped the next young couple, taking control of the guys car and driving him at a totally SLOW speed while I told his girl friend to GO FASTER. When it was almost impossible for him to catch up, I'd leave... in essence ruining their BUMPING fun. Ha. I suppose I could have torn the kids throat out with my wickedly sharp hook, but I wanted to be nice. Argh, I should have worked at Pirates.

Terrible Tim
Ex-Disneyland CM [2000-2001]
HISTA, AUTOPIA, FP, GC
Now a Military Police officer...

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:42 pm

I remember the first grad night I worked quite well. Shortly after midnight smelling marajuana in the queue for Space Mountain :pimp: , and having to put up with some stupid decision to use fastpass. Also since the guests in grad night had to dress up a little bit a lot of loose change fell out of their pockets, breakfast money 8) , this was a long time ago when this happened. I also like that CDS crashes at midnight so it's useless. I absolutly loved working grad nights, but I hated to work Night of Joy. The last Night of Joy I worked we had over 20 arrests. And these guests are supposed to be Christans. :throw:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:46 pm

^ I looked into that, KBF's Joy Night (Praise Night) has the highest amount of arrests and highest amount of theft for their operating season. Seems like its spread all around. Go religion! :roll: :hammer: :throw:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:00 am

coldfire409 wrote:after midnight smelling marajuana in the queue for Space Mountain.
Yah man! I never got to "confiscate" some of that stuff. I don't think they understood that if they shared we wouldn't have gotten so pissed off! (tee hee)

And coldfire... how long ago did you work there? Were you there that one Compton night when they completely graffitied the fly-by? I'm so glad I wasn't the lead that night. I saw pictures though and it made me want to cry.

Vance likes ham.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:52 am

Vongseegs that was actually at WDW but we put up with the same $@!& every day anywas. I never actually worked at DLR.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:26 pm

yeah, in my experience, it was the Christian groups that always caused the most trouble. Standing up on rides and just plain rudeness all around. Maybe it's a repression thing... :twisted:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:35 pm

Weeble wrote:yeah, in my experience, it was the Christian groups that always caused the most trouble. Standing up on rides and just plain rudeness all around. Maybe it's a repression thing...
It's a throwback from the Inquisition days of old... :evil:

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:53 am

Ah, Grad Night....I'd like to take this opportunity to thank every cute girl that chose me when it was decided she needed to kiss a CM. I'd also like to thank every beast who didn't choose me, as well.

you're only young once. Except for Dorian Gray. And that's just creepy.

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson