Drunk Cast Member!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Drunk Cast Member!

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:54 pm

So I am on my way back home after our trip to Disney (which was incredible, thank you to all of the cast members!), and I thought you all might enjoy this stupid CM. We decided to take the Behind the Seeds tour, and I was extremely disappointed in our guide. He was stumbling, kept losing his train of thought, jumped around from topic to topic (not fluid in his delivery at all) and made inappropriate jokes (one involving females being nefarious creatures). He talked about how he used to work at an orchard and how you can make alcohol easily there, kept referencing Jack Daniels as a method of sterilization, and even complained about how the orchard managers forced them to stay sober on the job! I immediately thought to myself that Disney does too. His behavior was so bizarre several guests were asking each other if he was drunk.

I ended up saying something to Guest Relations. My father didn't want me to, he may not have really been drunk and he doesn't want the guy to lose his job, but something needed to be said. At the very least they need to help him learn how to give a proper tour, and comments are and aren't acceptable.

Petite and Proud!

CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Drunk Cast Member!

Post by CelebrationNM » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:03 pm

That is unacceptable. I'm surprised he made it past enough people and was allowed to take that tour out. Was this Keys to the Kingdom?

Lucky I wasn't on that tour...I would have fired up the recorder on my phone and gotten a few clips.

Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:15 pm

No, it was Behind the Seeds over in the land pavilion.

Petite and Proud!

CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CelebrationNM » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Oh, my bad... I read "Seeds" for "Scenes". A little slow tonight. (Or maybe always.)

Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Were you close enought to him to see if his eyes were dialated, or if you could smell alcohol?

If he didn't have those signs, sometimes diabetics (and other medical problems) can show those symptoms if they are on the edge of a problem.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:32 pm

I wasn't close enough to him to notice thsoe things, nor would I have thought to look, to be perfectly honest I do not have a lot of experience with drunk people and have a hard time recognizing it. I thought his behavior was weird, but I didn't think he was drunk until several people started asking if he was. Either way, he should not have been making the comments he was.

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Thats true, Someone that is drunk will, most of the time, have obvious signs. I was just pointing out that sometimes the symptoms make it seem like a person is drunk, but in fact they have a medical problem that may have manifested itself and they have not realized it!

it happens!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:32 am

Booze Bugs!!!!

tho you are right Grumpy, diabetes is the one that really makes people think a person is drunk, BUT if they have a diabetic bout of low blood sugar, they would go down pretty fast and pass out and go into a coma. It does not take long for that to happen and I would say the length of time he was talking, if he was diabetic, he would have gone down. Course it could be other things too, Parkinson's or numerous nervous conditions can cause those symptoms. Could also be... Booze bugs!

From what she said about innapropriate comments and talking liquor, Jack Daniels stories, it sounds like like a little of the tippling went on before the tour, maybe to calm the nerves, but just a little too much tippling.....

I hope we don't get that guy in May. We are all signed up for the Tour! Yikes, I better bring my boda bag just in case!!!!! ;)
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 am

Like Susi said it could be diabetes related. There have been incidents where diabetics have been arrested for being drunk when they really needed medical help.

I do not like to report people but in this case what about the guests. It is bad for business and the guests. Maybe he had horrible news like a death in the family and got drunk. We do not know why he was so off but he does need to be fired or educated.

You did the right thing by reporting him.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

or maybe he had no sleep! last night I was watching a program on the effects of lack of sleep and lack of Deep Sleep, and the effects were much like being drunk, and the kicker is that people who are chronically sleep deprived ACT as if they are intoxicated even if they feel they are perfectly fine- another scary thing- if you are deprived, your mind can go to sleep even if your eyes are wide open!
I got pulled over by the CHP once for weaving coming home from a late shift at the hospital- Scared me enough to stay awake the rest of the way, but I was always exhausted, got about 4 hours of sleep a night for years when the kids were little.... :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: