Table Decorations

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Table Decorations

Post by Zazu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:02 am

It never ceases to amaze me what guests will bring into the restaurant with them and plop right down on their table. (And no, this time I'm *not* talking about their children or diapers.)

During tonights dinner at Sonya's (Vero Beach Resort), one family came in with a young girl, perhaps six years old. She carried with her a 3-foot long sand shovel. Well, okay, the resort *is* right on the beach, but still....

Does a shovel really belong in the middle of the table in a nice restaurant?

Zazu

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Table Decorations

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 am

REmember Zazu that the parents do not want to upset Pretty Precious Princess. The shovel on the table is better than a hissy fit. Was the child autistic as the would be an exception also. Last night I wastched a toddler toddling around wtih a little china sauce dish. Come back, please do not go there, come here, princess is so cute. I was like about to tell the woman to take some dog obedience courses and teach that kid to behave. Momma is the daughter of the partial owner of the restaurant and a school teacher as well as a former waitress. So cute and we must not upset the precious dears, lol.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:45 am

mechurchlady wrote:REmember Zazu that the parents do not want to upset Pretty Precious Princess. The shovel on the table is better than a hissy fit. Was the child autistic as the would be an exception also. Last night I wastched a toddler toddling around wtih a little china sauce dish. Come back, please do not go there, come here, princess is so cute. I was like about to tell the woman to take some dog obedience courses and teach that kid to behave. Momma is the daughter of the partial owner of the restaurant and a school teacher as well as a former waitress. So cute and we must not upset the precious dears, lol.

If the sand shovel was not being clutched tightly by child, I would say they were just being oblivious and probably no autism (on the child's part, anyway:rolleyes :)
My son had an attachment to a plastic hanger when he was a toddler....
(I told him No More Wire Hangers...Ever!!!!!:p :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Zazu wrote:It never ceases to amaze me what guests will bring into the restaurant with them and plop right down on their table. (And no, this time I'm *not* talking about their children or diapers.)

During tonights dinner at Sonya's (Vero Beach Resort), one family came in with a young girl, perhaps six years old. She carried with her a 3-foot long sand shovel. Well, okay, the resort *is* right on the beach, but still....

I hear you. I know that when some of the grandkids were smaller, one had a Spongebob that HAD to go with them everywhere! we were visiting a few months after a similar situation at the Outback near where we live, and Said spongebob was in the bottom of the toybox, replaced by a transformer!

Poor DIL just kept a list of each one so they could check that they had them before leaving!

Of course now that they are a little older, the favorite thing is baseballs and footballs! which do not go with them.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:10 pm

DisneyMom wrote:If the sand shovel was not being clutched tightly by child, I would say they were just being oblivious and probably no autism (on the child's part, anyway:rolleyes :)
My son had an attachment to a plastic hanger when he was a toddler....
(I told him No More Wire Hangers...Ever!!!!!:p :)
Hmmmm did you re-wrap their christmas gifts and give them to the orphans?

hehehe

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:45 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hmmmm did you re-wrap their christmas gifts and give them to the orphans?

hehehe
No, but lately I'm thinking that is not a bad idea.....Youngest son is not doing his homework, must want to live with me FOREVER :rolleyes:
Oh, HELL NO! :mad:

How did you discipline your kids, make them walk the plank? ;)
Really brutal if you're not at sea! :eek:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:40 pm

DisneyMom wrote:No, but lately I'm thinking that is not a bad idea.....Youngest son is not doing his homework, must want to live with me FOREVER :rolleyes:
Oh, HELL NO! :mad:

How did you discipline your kids, make them walk the plank? ;)
Really brutal if you're not at sea! :eek:
Sorry, I was returning the quote from the movie with no wire hangers!!!

When my kids were small, a smack on the bottom and a harsh tone corrected the problem. Later, All we had to do was get the harsh tone in the voice and they stopped doing what it was that they knew was wrong!

The homework thing could mean that he is distracted. I used to remove favorite toy or restrict T.V. shows for a period if the homework wasn't done. The only way to get it back was to do the homework and "earn" it back! (after a mandatory amount of time) it seemed to work! The whole idea was that THEY were the ones responsible, and could control the "reward" by their own actions!! (they didn't realize they were learning something!!)(hehehe)

(both son and daughter now use same method on their kids!!)

'Course I always had me Cat 'O Nine tails and me plank iffn they be scallywags!!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Sorry, I was returning the quote from the movie with no wire hangers!!!

When my kids were small, a smack on the bottom and a harsh tone corrected the problem. Later, All we had to do was get the harsh tone in the voice and they stopped doing what it was that they knew was wrong!

'Course I always had me Cat 'O Nine tails and me plank iffn they be scallywags!!
Yeah, No "Shore Leave" for the next couple of months! :mad:
The Cat 'O Nine tails sounds good too.....
Then I'll take him to an island and leave him there!!!!!!

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:49 pm

DisneyMom wrote:How did you discipline your kids, make them walk the plank? ;)
Depends on how high up it is placed and what is under the end of the plank. A plank placed over a roadside curb isn't too bad. On the other hand that same curbside plank with a mud puddle under the end may be bad (unless the walker is a boy and then it would inspire a running, sliding, dive). Or maybe a plank placed to instal someone into the center of a dog walk area that does not enforce "cleanup". A step off the end of the plank which is then retracted could be a really bad one (especially if shoes and socks are not allowed). :twisted:

Randy

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Zazu wrote:It never ceases to amaze me what guests will bring into the restaurant with them and plop right down on their table. (And no, this time I'm *not* talking about their children or diapers.)

How about on other folk's tables. Once while a Blizzard Beach
we had set out our picnic lunch on one of the tables and begun eating. Along came a young mother with a baby. She sat down at the end and tried to change the baby's diaper on the tabletop next to our food. This was one of the times I earned my nickname.