Juggling Plates

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Juggling Plates

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Read my original post! It was NOT innocent, I started it! mwahahahahahaha...Hobie is just being Hobie, if he did not post like that, we would not recognize him! ;)
The very NAUGHTY Princess Susi :p:

And actually it only snowed a little more. We ended up with about 4 inches....OF SNOW, you gutter minds! Get your minds out of the gutter, so mine can float by!
It is butt cold tho. It is going to warm up to the 60's by midweek. OoOoOo...I can hardly wait... :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Princess Susi wrote:Read my original post! It was NOT innocent, I started it! mwahahahahahaha...Hobie is just being Hobie, if he did not post like that, we would not recognize him! ;)
The very NAUGHTY Princess Susi :p:

And actually it only snowed a little more. We ended up with about 4 inches....OF SNOW, you gutter minds! Get your minds out of the gutter, so mine can float by!
It is butt cold tho. It is going to warm up to the 60's by midweek. OoOoOo...I can hardly wait... :rolleyes:
I thought it was spelled "Butte", But I havn't been to Montana in a long time!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:00 pm

NOT Butte Montana, Pirate, it is buttcheek cold in DENVER! The Mile High City, not to be confused with the Mile High Club!!!! :eek:
The REALLY Naughty Princess Susi :twisted:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Princess Susi wrote:NOT Butte Montana, Pirate, it is buttcheek cold in DENVER! The Mile High City, not to be confused with the Mile High Club!!!! :eek:
The REALLY Naughty Princess Susi :twisted:
Oh!!! (just trying to give you and "out", besides, I would imagine that Butte was plenty cold!!)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:11 pm

I am sure Butte is cold, but we are cold enough right here in Denver...Oh I wish I was in Florida or So Cal right now. I ache all over. My bones are stiff from the weather. Arthritis, you know! Oh well, I am off to bed. I know it is early, just after 7PM, but I hurt and am sleepy. Night Night! :sleep:
Princess Susi

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 pm

If it'll make you feel better we just had a rain storm roll in complete with thunder and lightning. It's still in the 70s though.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 am

JugglingFreak wrote:Penn usually comes to the IJA (International Juggling Association) or WJF (World Juggling Federation) conventions.

I can promise you they are real liquor bottles.
Penn and Teller are just plain cool, anyway. It's kinda spooky the first time you talk to Teller, and he speaks.
Cheshire Figment wrote:On this board, definitely not innocent!
Our only innocent time here is talking about MaW and GKTW families.
hobie16 wrote:If it'll make you feel better we just had a rain storm roll in complete with thunder and lightning. It's still in the 70s though.
I'm reminded of all the phone conversations I have with people back in Oregon.

Me: Hey, how's it going?
Them: Oh, pretty good, it sure is cold here!
M: Yeah, it's pretty cold here, too. It actually got down to 60 last night!
T: You suck. (Alternate: "I hate you", "F*** off", "Shut up", etc.)

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:30 am

Big Wallaby wrote: I'm reminded of all the phone conversations I have with people back in Oregon.

T: You suck. (Alternate: "I hate you", "F*** off", "Shut up", etc.)
Yeah,

I do this to my kids or friends back in MA. In fact I have one friend who I call this time of year and ask him if he knows where his bike is, (in the shed :D :)

I'll go, Hey, just went to bike week, what did you do this weekend.

Our conversation usually ends like BW's.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 am

Big Wallaby wrote:...I'm reminded of all the phone conversations I have with people back in Oregon.

T: You suck. ...
Ain't it the truth? I'm used to Colorado cold, then I get down to Texas -- especially southeast Texas -- and my friends are bundling their kids in heavy coats, gloves and hats if the temperature dips into the 50's!! (Meanwhile I'm still in short sleeves!)

One of my favorite newspaper columns of all times was written back in the 80's by guy named John Young, himself of northern roots and now the editor in chief of the Waco (TX) Tribune-Herald. It's a real tongue-in-cheek account of how crazy the locals get when snow is in the forecast -- descending on Walmart for survival supplies, "sweating in their fur parkas," freaking out if they spot an actual snowflake (my favorite part, where one snowflake sighting "could not be confirmed because an overeager bystander flung himself onto it backwards in an attempt to make a snow angel"! :D :) If I ever find the text of the article, I'll post it here. It's hilarious.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:29 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ain't it the truth? I'm used to Colorado cold, then I get down to Texas -- especially southeast Texas -- and my friends are bundling their kids in heavy coats, gloves and hats if the temperature dips into the 50's!! (Meanwhile I'm still in short sleeves!)

One of my favorite newspaper columns of all times was written back in the 80's by guy named John Young, himself of northern roots and now the editor in chief of the Waco (TX) Tribune-Herald. It's a real tongue-in-cheek account of how crazy the locals get when snow is in the forecast -- descending on Walmart for survival supplies, "sweating in their fur parkas," freaking out if they spot an actual snowflake (my favorite part, where one snowflake sighting "could not be confirmed because an overeager bystander flung himself onto it backwards in an attempt to make a snow angel"! :D :) If I ever find the text of the article, I'll post it here. It's hilarious.
That reminds me of when DW and I went to Alaska. We rented cars and stayed at a lot of B&B's at various places. The locals were wearing shorts and light shirts, because it was in the 60's. We were wearing long sleeved fleece and other warm clothing. They said you could pick out the people from the lower 48 by what they were wearing!