Juggling Plates

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Ladyfair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Juggling Plates

Post by Ladyfair » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:52 pm

Hey! My first post!
I'm pretty sure I am the only person in Florida with a pair, except maybe Whazzup.
Au contraire! 4th Generation Floridian here, and I own at least 6 pairs - but NEVER with socks! It's FL, y'know!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:59 pm

I thought in Flordia that you had to have a pair of Disney or POTC crocs!!

Oh and the welcome!! The offical marsupial welcome will be soon!!

right guys?

guys?

:flybongo:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I thought in Flordia that you had to have a pair of Disney or POTC crocs!!

Oh and the welcome!! The offical marsupial welcome will be soon!!

right guys?

guys?

:flybongo:
:sleep: ... Huh? Wha?... :confused: Oh, sorry... :)
Ladyfair wrote:Hey! My first post!

Au contraire! 4th Generation Floridian here, and I own at least 6 pairs - but NEVER with socks! It's FL, y'know!
:welcome: Ladyfair to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Ladyfair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ladyfair » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Well, my daughter has pink Disney crocs - all mine are too boring for words, I'm told! Does that count?

PS - thanks for the welcome!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Hmmm pink is okay for GIRLS, but ya gotta get a POTC pair for the guys!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:.
I am sure if you told me the color of their socks, I could tell you what part of Oregon they were from. And their sandals were not sandals, they were Birkenstocks. They might get offended at you calling their fancy sandals "sandals". Granted, I do have a pair, but only because they really are fairly comfortable. I'm pretty sure I am the only person in Florida with a pair, except maybe Whazzup.
Believe it or not, I don't own a pair of Birkies (or Birkeys, however you spell it). I left Oregon way before they became popular, and during visits home I didn't want to spend the small fortune they wanted for that brand. My ex-sister-in-law LIVES in her Birkenstocks, even during the winter.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:30 am

They usually wore dark socks, and I don't think they were wearing Birkies; I've seen those, and most of those kids I don't think had the means to wear Birkies.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:37 am

Susi, and others who are interested, I found this website for the San Francisco Museum--5000 pages of all kinds of stuff about SF. http://www.sfmuseum.org . And here's one for the Musee Mechanique, which you may be thinking of when you say windup toy store--I could be wrong, haven't been to Frisco in ages... http://www.museemachanique.org . There's an interesting little story how the guy who founded it got started.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:50 am

Sort of going along with the theme of the OP: What are your biggest pet peeves when you are in a restaurant? I just got hired as a server at a local Italian restaurant. I know how I expect a server to behave, but perhaps my expectations are different than others'. TIA!

Petite and Proud!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:26 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Sort of going along with the theme of the OP: What are your biggest pet peeves when you are in a restaurant? I just got hired as a server at a local Italian restaurant. I know how I expect a server to behave, but perhaps my expectations are different than others'. TIA!
please anticipate my needs. I should not have to hunt down a server to get my drink refilled. I am having a burger so please offer or have condiments. It is nice when they ask if you want grilled onions. Knowing your cusstomers is really nice

I hate being in a Mexican restaurant that is out of rice. Communication is key to running a restaurant. When they are out of something then the server should know and not come back to tell a patron that the item is out of stock.