I'm sorry, Ma'am, but this isn't Kinder Care

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I'm sorry, Ma'am, but this isn't Kinder Care

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:19 pm

ktulu wrote:Not me. I'll even ask for advice from women on the aisle :D:

Usually though I have detailed description on what to buy.

Speaking of embarrassing things to buy, one night when I was the overnight checker at the grocery store I worked at, I had a customer come up and put down a 12 pack of beer, pack of cigarettes and a box of condoms. There was no talking until I was done ringing him up, I sent him on his way with an enthusiastic "Have a GREAT night!"
before, after or during??

(hehehehe)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Hmm...my DH won't set foot in a VS! He's too embarrassed. Guys?
Same here. No way my husband would walk into Victoria's Secret. Actually in our family the girls drop me at the Disney Store and they go to VS to shop. :D: But at least my girls are adults now and not children in age.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:21 pm

ktulu wrote: Speaking of embarrassing things to buy, one night when I was the overnight checker at the grocery store I worked at, I had a customer come up and put down a 12 pack of beer, pack of cigarettes and a box of condoms. There was no talking until I was done ringing him up, I sent him on his way with an enthusiastic "Have a GREAT night!"
Oh the memories of being a cashier in a 24/7 grocery store. Scary things is, most of the sales I remember that involved condoms were at like 3 in the afternoon.

I remember one couple, the lady wouldn't look ahead, she had her head down the whole time. But the guy had the biggest grin on his face. I remember turning around after that sale and the person on the register behind me was just keeling over from laughing so hard after they left.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:42 pm

TalkingHands wrote:Same here. No way my husband would walk into Victoria's Secret. Actually in our family the girls drop me at the Disney Store and they go to VS to shop. :D: But at least my girls are adults now and not children in age.
Funny how things change! Mom going to Disney and the kids going to VS! That's a switch!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Funny how things change! Mom going to Disney and the kids going to VS! That's a switch!
sort of a "Circle of Life" thing?

Or just different priorties at different times?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:47 pm

OMG, I was a cashier at a 24/7 grocery store that was kind of like a super wally mart. I used to say you should never be able to buy small pets, motor oil, and hamburger in the same store :eek: I worked nights there as a single mom, lasting almost a year there so I could keep my child out of daycare.

They always put me on the express lane when they could (though i was a ping pong ball and often worked 3 areas in one night- lotto/cigarettes, (the guys called me the Lotto Goddess rofl) cust. service (or cussed service might be more appropriate) or they put me on the lanes at express to get the lines down.

Every weekend, my line was FULL of guys buying condoms because I was quick, discreet, and never looked them in the face. Or maybe I was one of the few cashiers under the age of 50 and they didnt' want someone who reminded them of mom ringing them up LOL.

Thing that always killed me was they never just bought the condoms. It was condoms and gum, condoms and a candy bar, or occasionally condoms and some things that made me shudder.

I never saw any women buy them, ever. Just guys. Nervous, embarrassed young guys.

Had a guy try to return a half empty box of them once at the cussed desk.

He said they didn't work! :eek:

When it comes to buying the fem-hi stuff, I'll tell you. It's no secret why they keep changing the packaging every other month. It's a conspiracy. They want you to buy the wrong one so you have to spend twice as much to get the thing you thought you were getting to begin with.

I did a blog entry a couple years back on exactly this topic. If any of the ladies want to read it, PM me I'm happy to send it along LOL.

Bottom line: if you go to the store and see a bag in that aisle ripped open, it's because in a fit of hormone fueled desperation, some poor woman had had enough of guessing and needed to know if the bag had maxi superwing overnights in it or heavy channeled superthins and was through screwing around.

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Have any of you ladies ever put on a Maxi-Pad wrong side up?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:53 am

hobie16 wrote:Have any of you ladies ever put on a Maxi-Pad wrong side up?

Ummmmm, not intentionally! :eek:
My little neices did stick some to the bottoms of their feet to "ice skate" on the kitchen floor! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:24 am

hobie16 wrote:Have any of you ladies ever put on a Maxi-Pad wrong side up?
nope never have, some things like then items and spark plugs have to be installed properly.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:32 am

DisneyMom wrote:My little neices did stick some to the bottoms of their feet to "ice skate" on the kitchen floor! :p:
What a great way to mop! :cool: Dogs just tracked in from our drizzle. Gotta try this out. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]