Wrong Map Idiot

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Wrong Map Idiot

Post by TowerTimmy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:00 pm

I was at my attraction at Universal.

SG: "Excuse me, I'm not seeing any of these rides on the map."
Me: "Well let me look at it."

It was a Magic Kingdom map.

Tim

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Wrong Map Idiot

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:21 pm

TowerTimmy wrote:I was at my attraction at Universal.

:hysteria:

Read the Free Map!!! :rtfm:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm

TowerTimmy wrote:I was at my attraction at Universal.

That's easy to deal with. Say "Here, let me show you where you are," and then point to a spot off the map which, in scale, would correspond to 7+ miles northeast! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Actually, Wombat, I've been known to do that. Not at Disney parks yet, but other places. Even on regional maps of a different town or state. The way their eyes pop when you do that... :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:That's easy to deal with. Say "Here, let me show you where you are," and then point to a spot off the map which, in scale, would correspond to 7+ miles northeast! :D:
I can see it now. Looking closely at the map and circling your finger over it as if to point to a spot on the map. "Lets see, on this map you are right about.....". Take 3 giant steps as you count out loud. Point to ground at your feet. "...Here!

Randy

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 am

Randy B wrote:I can see it now. Looking closely at the map and circling your finger over it as if to point to a spot on the map. "Lets see, on this map you are right about.....". Take 3 giant steps as you count out loud. Point to ground at your feet. "...Here!

Randy
That wouldn't work, as soon as you finished saying that you would hear: "but where is that on the map?"

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm

look on the bright side people.

The SG actually found a map and had it right side up. wow next step is the reading part. lol

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Randy B wrote:I can see it now. Looking closely at the map and circling your finger over it as if to point to a spot on the map. "Lets see, on this map you are right about.....". Take 3 giant steps as you count out loud. Point to ground at your feet. "...Here!

Randy
Reminds me of the "lesson" in using the GPS that I gave to DW!!!

"But..WHERE is the destination???" "Ummm sweety, it HAS to show you on the map!! Just scrolll out to "see" the trip!!"

(Now I just pre-program the waypoints!! Hit HOME and listen to it!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

BarryH
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BarryH » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Well, when I'm with friends at MK or another park, I'd ask them, "Hey, I can't find Space Mountain. Can you point it out on this map?" I'd be holding a map of Islands of Adventure or Cedar Point. My friend will look at the map, be confused for a moment, and then say, "Hey, you've got the wrong map!"

The Tao of Steve

1.) Eliminate your desires
2.) Do something excellent in her presence
3.) Retreat

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:22 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Reminds me of the "lesson" in using the GPS that I gave to DW!!!

"But..WHERE is the destination???" "Ummm sweety, it HAS to show you on the map!! Just scrolll out to "see" the trip!!"

(Now I just pre-program the waypoints!! Hit HOME and listen to it!)
Yeah, it took my sister a little while to grasp the concept of how a GPS unit operates... She was fine inputing her destination, but when it didn't ask her the starting point, she got confused. She didn't quite get that the GPS KNOWS where it is and will route you from where you are to where you want to go. (She was too used to using Google Maps or MapQuest).

And the map discussion reminds me of something I read on another forum. Someone overheard a Guest at Disney-MGM Studios saying to their grandchild "Isn't this Magic Kingdom park great? Mind you, the map is all wrong, but the park's great!"

-Rob