Wrong Map Idiot

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Wrong Map Idiot

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:37 am

Rob562 wrote:Yeah, it took my sister a little while to grasp the concept of how a GPS unit operates... She was fine inputing her destination, but when it didn't ask her the starting point, she got confused. She didn't quite get that the GPS KNOWS where it is and will route you from where you are to where you want to go. (She was too used to using Google Maps or MapQuest).

And the map discussion reminds me of something I read on another forum. Someone overheard a Guest at Disney-MGM Studios saying to their grandchild "Isn't this Magic Kingdom park great? Mind you, the map is all wrong, but the park's great!"

-Rob
Wonder if he printed out a Disneyland map, and was trying to use it at WDW MK?

I know that when we go to WDW, I keep forgetting that it is different!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 am

TowerTimmy wrote:I was at my attraction at Universal.

SG: "Excuse me, I'm not seeing any of these rides on the map."
Me: "Well let me look at it."

It was a Magic Kingdom map.
It was the fact that there was a lake where POTC is that got them thinking.

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 am

I think next time I go to DL I will take a bunch of MK maps with me. I with then play with people's minds, such as being at BTMRR and trying to find out why Splash is not right next to it, and say to them it is right here on the map.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:44 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:I think next time I go to DL I will take a bunch of MK maps with me. I with then play with people's minds, such as being at BTMRR and trying to find out why Splash is not right next to it, and say to them it is right here on the map.
you are evil and you know that Purpura could send people some DLR maps to use at WDW. Excuse me but were are the bobsleds?

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:06 am

LOL...and they could be put one or 2 at random in the stacks of WDW maps so someone picks it up unknowingly. MWUHAHHAHAHAA!

HMMM, April Fool's day is coming up.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Last time I was at DHS I accidentally picked up a park map that was written in Japanese! I didn't notice until I was looking for a specific restaurant on the map. Oops!! :D:

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:53 am

vixen101485 wrote:LOL...and they could be put one or 2 at random in the stacks of WDW maps so someone picks it up unknowingly. MWUHAHHAHAHAA!

HMMM, April Fool's day is coming up.
Unfortunately, unless they've changed since the last time I was at Disneyland, the DL maps were noticably bigger than the standard WDW park maps. They wouldn't "blend in" all that well.

Now, if you had a Front Gate CM handing out park maps...... :twisted:

What might work better would be if you were at Epcot and slipped some late-90's maps in the mix. Guests wondering how to get to Horizons, Wonders of Life, they can't find Soarin' or Mission: Space listed on the map...

-Rob

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 am

I'd cry - I miss Horizons and Cranium Command!

steviefox69
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by steviefox69 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 am

Ive picked up a japenese map whilst in Epcot once. Thought my eyes had gone funny when I looked at it :D:

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

My Evil Plot

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:45 am

I have decided that on my next trip to DLR I will bring along MK maps in Japanese and Spanish, as well as English. The Japanese and Spanish I will put in the "foreign language" map displays, in their proper places. I wonder how much chaos and confusion that will cause.

And I will sometimes ask people (especially CMs) for help when I can't find certain attractions, telling them "the map says it should be right here".