Stupid Moviegoer Trick

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Stupid Moviegoer Trick

Post by BRWombat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 am

I went to a movie last week, and the newest trailer for WALL-E comes on beforehand. Great trailer, by the way -- lots more hints of the story, a lot more scenes with that adorable robot. It is so cute!! I may be a little worried though, because I've never been drawn to a Pixar movie from the trailer before, and I always end up liking their movies. Will I not like this one because the trailers make me want to see it???

But I digress.

So the trailer ends, and I hear the voice of a middle-aged women in the theater behind me: "So, is that a movie or a video game or what?" :eek: :confused: :banghead:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Stupid Moviegoer Trick

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 am

BRWombat wrote:I went to a movie last week, and the newest trailer for WALL-E comes on beforehand. Great trailer, by the way -- lots more hints of the story, a lot more scenes with that adorable robot. It is so cute!! I may be a little worried though, because I've never been drawn to a Pixar movie from the trailer before, and I always end up liking their movies. Will I not like this one because the trailers make me want to see it???

But I digress.

So the trailer ends, and I hear the voice of a middle-aged women in the theater behind me: "So, is that a movie or a video game or what?" :eek: :confused: :banghead:
Well, DUH! she must be wearing her SG goggles out in public.
The truth is, though, that it be most likely be both....what hasn't been turned into a video game (animated features)?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 pm

While you would think that if you were watching a MOVIE trailer, it would be for a MOVIE, nowadays, her question is not as dumb as it sounds.

Just about any movie, good and bad, gets made into a video game.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Cranbiz wrote:While you would think that if you were watching a MOVIE trailer, it would be for a MOVIE, nowadays, her question is not as dumb as it sounds.

Just about any movie, good and bad, gets made into a video game.
Especially now, when it seems like the first 15 or 20 minutes are now commercials, when it used to be coming attractions!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:40 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Especially now, when it seems like the first 15 or 20 minutes are now commercials, when it used to be coming attractions!!
Those royally annoys me. I already paid a good bit to see a movie and now I have to sit through commercials? The slide-show ads for local businesses and the quizzes shown before the lights go down don't bother me, that's good use of what would otherwise be a blank screen.

What bothers me is having to sit through actual commercials before the movie. If I want to watch commercials I'll stay home and watch TV, not shell out a good bit of cash on tickets and food. Show me previews of coming and current attractions, don't try to sell me some product.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Those royally annoys me. I already paid a good bit to see a movie and now I have to sit through commercials? The slide-show ads for local businesses and the quizzes shown before the lights go down don't bother me, that's good use of what would otherwise be a blank screen.

What bothers me is having to sit through actual commercials before the movie. If I want to watch commercials I'll stay home and watch TV, not shell out a good bit of cash on tickets and food. Show me previews of coming and current attractions, don't try to sell me some product.
I always say, I got Tivo so I don't have to watch commercials and I now I'm forced to watch them at the theater. Right before the movie starts and after all of the commercials and previews have run, my husband and I will often look at each other and ask what movie are we seeing again? I forgot.

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:35 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I always say, I got Tivo so I don't have to watch commercials and I now I'm forced to watch them at the theater. Right before the movie starts and after all of the commercials and previews have run, my husband and I will often look at each other and ask what movie are we seeing again? I forgot.
Thats prolly why companies are now spending money on commercials at movies. So many people now have DVR and Tivo, so they can skip the commercials, but you can't avoid them at the movies unless you walk in 15 minutes after the "start time".

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 pm

dancinghomer wrote:Thats prolly why companies are now spending money on commercials at movies. So many people now have DVR and Tivo, so they can skip the commercials, but you can't avoid them at the movies unless you walk in 15 minutes after the "start time".
I was filling my tank at the GAS STATION today and had a commercial blasting at me from the gas pump! It was a commercial for the California Lottery.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:41 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:I was filling my tank at the GAS STATION today and had a commercial blasting at me from the gas pump! It was a commercial for the California Lottery.
Yeah, one of the shell stations near where I live had them installed, Gas pump network (who knew?) At first I thought I was on one of the Leno bits that he has done with those "pump tv's"

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:25 am

The BP stations here in FL have pump side commercials too! Luckily, it's an add on module to the pump and it does have a mute button.

Now if only I can get a mute button on my DW. :rolleyes:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."