Stupid Moviegoer Trick

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Moviegoer Trick

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Anybody notice Grumpy Pirate hit 3000 posts? A new record!

:bow: :clap:
Yes. I had my tagline under my name in anticipation. I wonder if I can go in and knock it down a few thousand according to the scripting... :eek: :D:
February wrote:I think we may have to take up a collection of our pennies to send poor Wallaby for therapy to deal with the aftermath of what I will now and ever think of as "The Mandrill Affair"
I don't think a few pennies from everyone would cover it. Plus, if you do it for me, you need to do it for all the Safari Cast. Besides, you can never make me normal. Regular, yes. Normal, no*.

*How's THAT for a mental image?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Here's one from today:

I was watching Fool's Gold with my bf, and in the row directly in front of us was a group of pre-teen girls with one adult woman at the very end of the row. This was the group from Hades. :twisted: At one end of the row the little girl had one of those phones with a full keypad and texted pretty much the entire time! This was a tiered theatre, so the light was blinding me and giving me a headache. The girl directly in front of me kept popping out her cell phone, I think she was texting too, but at least she would have it out for a second and then put it away, although it was still pretty distracting. I finally walked up to the other set of girls and politely asked them to put away the cell phone as the light was blinding me. This group of girls talked and whispered through the whole movie- another distraction. The last straw for me was when the adult lady took out some sort of plastic bags of food and started passing them down the row. I realize movie theatre food is expensive but a.) The girls already had food from the concession stand and b.) It was incredibly noisy, and she just kept pulling them out of her purse, there were enough bags for each of the around 10-12 girls to have one. I very nearly went and got an usher to vacate the whole freaking party, but why should I have to miss part of the movie because you can not comprehend basic movie going manners?! Since you obviously aren't paying attention, why don't you just go to blockbuster and watch a movie at home? It's cheaper.

Whew, I feel better!

Petite and Proud!

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:58 pm

We went to see Atonement tonight and there was an older couple sitting in front of us. The man kept waiting for the music to crescendo or a noisy scene and then he would make these horrible coughing/barking/hacking noises, which would usually continue after the music or noise from the movie stopped. I was almost to the point of kicking his chair a few times, but at least he was trying to make his yucky noises blend in with the movie. However, it would have been more courteous for him to wait until his lungs were clear before coming to a movie and making everyone listen to his hacking.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Here's one from today:

I was watching Fool's Gold with my bf, and in the row directly in front of us was a group of pre-teen girls with one adult woman at the very end of the row. This was the group from Hades. :twisted: At one end of the row the little girl had one of those phones with a full keypad and texted pretty much the entire time! This was a tiered theatre, so the light was blinding me and giving me a headache. The girl directly in front of me kept popping out her cell phone, I think she was texting too, but at least she would have it out for a second and then put it away, although it was still pretty distracting. I finally walked up to the other set of girls and politely asked them to put away the cell phone as the light was blinding me. This group of girls talked and whispered through the whole movie- another distraction. The last straw for me was when the adult lady took out some sort of plastic bags of food and started passing them down the row. I realize movie theatre food is expensive but a.) The girls already had food from the concession stand and b.) It was incredibly noisy, and she just kept pulling them out of her purse, there were enough bags for each of the around 10-12 girls to have one. I very nearly went and got an usher to vacate the whole freaking party, but why should I have to miss part of the movie because you can not comprehend basic movie going manners?! Since you obviously aren't paying attention, why don't you just go to blockbuster and watch a movie at home? It's cheaper.

Whew, I feel better!
After having way too many similar encounters I gave up ever going to a movie in a theatre. Other than for a special occasion (such as a group of Disney fans having a meet at a opening week showing of Haunted Mansion) I have just refused to do theatres. I personally enjoy the movies much more by waiting a few months and getting the DVD so I can watch it in silence, comfort, and I have a much wider choice of snack material. And when you add in the ability to back a vid up when I encounter one of those "what was that?" moments, and can watch it many times at no additional cost, it works for me. Maybe that is why my DVD collection is beginning to resemble the main stacks of the Library of Congress. :eek: :D:

Randy (who just added to his "oldies shelf" a DVD of Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:59 pm

Randy B wrote:After having way too many similar encounters I gave up ever going to a movie in a theatre. Other than for a special occasion (such as a group of Disney fans having a meet at a opening week showing of Haunted Mansion) I have just refused to do theatres. I personally enjoy the movies much more by waiting a few months and getting the DVD so I can watch it in silence, comfort, and I have a much wider choice of snack material. And when you add in the ability to back a vid up when I encounter one of those "what was that?" moments, and can watch it many times at no additional cost, it works for me. Maybe that is why my DVD collection is beginning to resemble the main stacks of the Library of Congress. :eek: :D:

Randy (who just added to his "oldies shelf" a DVD of Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts)
Good movie!!!!

DW gets me the old "B" SciFi movies when they finally convert them to DVD.

PLUS I discovered that Netflix has a bunch that you can either rent, or view ONLINE (helps to have high speed)

Plus A friend of mine sent me this web site, as he knew I like the old movies, it is sort of a tribute, don't know why they chose the song!!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:04 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Good movie!!!!

DW gets me the old "B" SciFi movies when they finally convert them to DVD.

PLUS I discovered that Netflix has a bunch that you can either rent, or view ONLINE (helps to have high speed)

Plus A friend of mine sent me this web site, as he knew I like the old movies, it is sort of a tribute, don't know why they chose the song!!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
My favorite way to watch B movies is a'la Mystery Science Theater 3000...

MOVIE SIGN!!! We've got Movie Sign!

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 am

February wrote:My favorite way to watch B movies is a'la Mystery Science Theater 3000...

MOVIE SIGN!!! We've got Movie Sign!
They have a WHOLE bunch of those!!! I have been going through them slowly!!! Its cool because on one side they have the MST3K version, and the other is the original movie!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 am

If you like MST3k you need to check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nZuByRM0GOw

It's the movie "It Came From Hollywood" It's been out of print since it's original VHS release and someone finally put it up on youtube.

It has Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Gilda Radner, and Cheech and Chong basically doing the MST3K thing about 10 years earlier.

Love this movie.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 am

My wife refuses to go to movie theaters. Period. I go occasionally but we mostly wait for the DVD. The neighbors come by to see what's new in the library.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:41 am

I have a 2 year old. The last time we took her to the movies was to try and see Shrek III. I spent over 1/2 the movie in the hallway with her, she just wasn't into it, I didn't think she would be, but being a cartoon we thought she might watch it, previous outings included Meet the Robinson's and Ratatouille. She sat through both of those (she wants to watch Ratatouille all the time at home now).

So the only time my wife and I go to the movies is when the sitter has a parents night out. However, my 2 year is a Hannah Montana fan. Guess where we were yesterday morning at 10:40...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."