Am I a SG??

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Am I a SG??

Post by Cranbiz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 pm

It's a small world after all.

Actually I was thinking Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does.

Yes, I just got the Simpson's Movie.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Cranbiz wrote:It's a small world after all.

Actually I was thinking Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does.

Yes, I just got the Simpson's Movie.
You have to admit, it DOES stick with you!!!

(Darn you Netflix!!!)

The only what to get rid of it is:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all .......

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

sean1966
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sean1966 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks everybody, and if anybody knows the female X-Men (X-Women) with grey hair tell her I'm sorry.

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 pm

ARGH!!! :beg: please make it STOP

Hey there is always:

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of ev'ryday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow's just a dream away

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:50 pm

Near Philly wrote:When THAT SONG is in YOUR head, blame the marsupial not me.
And be careful which marsupial you blame. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:54 pm

BRWombat wrote:And be careful which marsupial you blame. :D:
Wellll for those of us that remember:

There's an old Australian stockman, lying, dying,
and he gets himself up on one elbow,
and he turns to his mates,
who are gathered 'round him and he says:

Watch me wallabys feed mate.
Watch me wallabys feed.
They're a dangerous breed mate.
So watch me wallabys feed.
Altogether now!

Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down sport,
tie me kangaroo down.

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 pm

Great, now I've got Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport going through my head! This is getting to be one long day!!! :p:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Anyone see the Reno 911 movie? The freakin' theme song hasn't left my head for the past week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzos0EvDtEs

It's actually done by someone from the Foo Fighters who wanted to do it uncredited.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Okay! I have a question about Small World!

It seems to me that when I was little, the ride had different sections where the dolls sang in their native language.

Now, after the most recent refurb when we finally rode the ride on our last trip, all I heard was a lot of "la la la, la la la's!" in between the choruses

Did they really dumb-down Small World or was it my imagination that they used to sing in say, French, Spanish, etc???? cause I could have sworn. . .

And now a story.

Only once have I ever had to be the one who asked a character to back off.

My husband is very shy, and very cute. He has no idea how cute he really is. Women adore him everywhere we go, and are always hitting on him. of course he is oblivious to this until I start tapping my crutch on the ground and staring at whoever it is, a gentle sign that they should observe the fact we are both wearing rings and I'm standing RIGHT THERE.

We once had one of the more famous costumed characters who had obviously taken a shine to him. She kept returning to our table out of turn, rubbing his hair, leaning up against him as he sat there and making 'kiss' noises beneath her costume head.

When she started rubbing her hands up and down his arms, back and shoulders, finally I leaned over and whispered that her 'significant other' character might get jealous - and that if she came back to the table and put her hands on my husband one more time I might too.

She curtsied to me, blew me a kiss and disappeared.

I was sure then that I wasn't imagning things. My husband by that point was beet red- and he asked what I'd said to her and I whispered it to him. He told me he had been uncomfortable with it himself but was unsure if he should quietly ask her to move along.

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:20 pm

February wrote:Okay! I have a question about Small World!

It seems to me that when I was little, the ride had different sections where the dolls sang in their native language.

Now, after the most recent refurb when we finally rode the ride on our last trip, all I heard was a lot of "la la la, la la la's!" in between the choruses

Did they really dumb-down Small World or was it my imagination that they used to sing in say, French, Spanish, etc???? cause I could have sworn. . .

And now a story.

Only once have I ever had to be the one who asked a character to back off.

My husband is very shy, and very cute. He has no idea how cute he really is. Women adore him everywhere we go, and are always hitting on him. of course he is oblivious to this until I start tapping my crutch on the ground and staring at whoever it is, a gentle sign that they should observe the fact we are both wearing rings and I'm standing RIGHT THERE.

We once had one of the more famous costumed characters who had obviously taken a shine to him. She kept returning to our table out of turn, rubbing his hair, leaning up against him as he sat there and making 'kiss' noises beneath her costume head.

When she started rubbing her hands up and down his arms, back and shoulders, finally I leaned over and whispered that her 'significant other' character might get jealous - and that if she came back to the table and put her hands on my husband one more time I might too.

She curtsied to me, blew me a kiss and disappeared.

I was sure then that I wasn't imagning things. My husband by that point was beet red- and he asked what I'd said to her and I whispered it to him. He told me he had been uncomfortable with it himself but was unsure if he should quietly ask her to move along.
Ummmm how do you KNOW it was a GIRL in the costume??

(not that there is anything wrong with that)