Stupidist Question A Guest Can Ask You!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Stupidist Question A Guest Can Ask You!

Post by turkeyham » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:12 am

Hi, I am new here. I was in line to purchase a turkey leg in Fantasyland. This lady infront of me asked the cast member "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a real turkey leg." Again the SG asked "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a leg of a turkey and allot of people like eating it." I felt so sorry for the cast member behind the counter.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupidist Question A Guest Can Ask You!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:17 am

turkeyham wrote:Hi, I am new here. I was in line to purchase a turkey leg in Fantasyland. This lady infront of me asked the cast member "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a real turkey leg." Again the SG asked "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a leg of a turkey and allot of people like eating it." I felt so sorry for the cast member behind the counter.
The second time the SG asked it, the reply should have been "You can't eat one, as it would be cannibalism!"

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:25 am

turkeyham wrote:Hi, I am new here. I was in line to purchase a turkey leg in Fantasyland. This lady infront of me asked the cast member "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a real turkey leg." Again the SG asked "What is a turkey leg?" The cast member said "It is a leg of a turkey and allot of people like eating it." I felt so sorry for the cast member behind the counter.
My next question to the SG would have been "what country are you visiting from" (tho I would have mentally substituted "planet" for "country". Because it would be almost impossible that any american (or immigrant who has lived here through at least one Thanksgiving) would be unable to understand "a Turkey Leg". Or maybe it was the word "leg" that was confusing. Maybe they never knew a "drumstick" is the leg of a formerly living bird.

Randy

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:32 am

I'd have told her it is the leg from a shichimencho. (Japanese for Turkey, literally means 7 faced bird)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:44 am

I always tell people they are Emu legs, not Turkey. There is no comparison between what they have at Thanksgiving and the size of these. At least people don't ask me what they do with the rest of the Emu.

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh YOUR the one spreading the Emu rumors! We get asked that by new team members at Universal all the time - did we know the turkey legs were actually Emu? No, they're actually turkey. We once had a SG complain that we would dare eat an Emu. I guess turkeys were ok.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:Oh YOU'RE the one spreading the Emu rumors!
I have another one about why they don't have Beaver Tails at Epcot anymore. That is because Disney is being Politically Correct and reaction to PETA complaints that Disney was mistreating and mutilating beavers.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:40 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I have another one about why they don't have Beaver Tails at Epcot anymore. That is because Disney is being Politically Correct and reaction to PETA complaints that Disney was mistreating and mutilating beavers.
:rolleyes:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:28 pm

I was mentioning to Polor33 about a situation a few weeks ago. I was in line to buy some ice cream. The SG in front of me opened the ice cream cart in front of her. She asked the ice cream vendor, where the popcorn was? Ok, now if you can find a piece of popcorn on that ice cream menu, let others know in the park that would be great. :D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:28 pm

turkeyham wrote:I was mentioning to Polor33 about a situation a few weeks ago. I was in line to buy some ice cream. The SG in front of me opened the ice cream cart in front of her. She asked the ice cream vendor, where the popcorn was? Ok, now if you can find a piece of popcorn on that ice cream menu, let others know in the park that would be great. :D:
Mmmm...popcorn-cicle... Can you get that in a mickey bar shape?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."