Happy 5th Anniversary!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Happy 5th Anniversary!

Post by Randy B » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:12 pm

BRWombat wrote:Heh. That's awesome. But do you miss playing with the choo-choos?
If all else fails he can go out the back door at home and drive his monorail around the "lake". :D:

Randy

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 pm

BRWombat wrote:Heh. That's awesome. But do you miss playing with the choo-choos?
Some, but more than the choo-choos and the exceptional cast we had on the railroad, I miss the magic levels of the park.

It's not that I can't make magic happen at the hotel, but it tends to be simple stuff or repairing damage done by CRO. At least they don't throw things at me when they're too late to get a reservation, but still....

I'm hoping I can find a way to sneak back into the park. If I can manage to land plaid at MK, I'll even be working in the same building as the Area Manager who chased me off, and he won't even be able to threaten me!

Zazu

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Zazu wrote:Some, but more than the choo-choos and the exceptional cast we had on the railroad, I miss the magic levels of the park.

It's not that I can't make magic happen at the hotel, but it tends to be simple stuff or repairing damage done by CRO. At least they don't throw things at me when they're too late to get a reservation, but still....

I'm hoping I can find a way to sneak back into the park. If I can manage to land plaid at MK, I'll even be working in the same building as the Area Manager who chased me off, and he won't even be able to threaten me!
I'm still amazed that they didn't snap you up into plaid a long time ago. With that overflowing reference shelf in your head for all things Disney (not to mention the one in your home for further research), they could do MUCH worse. On the other hand, with all the trivia you know, a tour could take 3 times as long as normal because of all the "oh, by-the-way"s that could come up at each and every stop. :D:

Randy

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:01 am

Randy B wrote:... with all the trivia you know, a tour could take 3 times as long as normal because of all the "oh, by-the-way"s that could come up at each and every stop. :D:
Three times?!? Oh that's right; you've never taken one of my Misguided Tours of the MK.

Pack a lunch. Even *you* would have to refuel at least once.

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:04 am

Zazu wrote:Three times?!? Oh that's right; you've never taken one of my Misguided Tours of the MK.

Pack a lunch. Even *you* would have to refuel at least once.
About how long does one of your misguided tours take? I would love to try to squeeze one in on my next trip.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 am

Shorty82 wrote:About how long does one of your misguided tours take? I would love to try to squeeze one in on my next trip.
That depends almost entirely on how much you can stand. Some have lasted 8.5 hours, but it's adjustable.

To sign up, just send me a PM and book your day before SWMBO does. It's still free, though I do like to start with a Tonga Toast breakfast at the Polynesian (dutch). There's a limit of 5 persons/tour, and you may not know the others in your group (at least, not at first).

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 am

Zazu wrote:That depends almost entirely on how much you can stand. Some have lasted 8.5 hours, but it's adjustable.

To sign up, just send me a PM and book your day before SWMBO does. It's still free, though I do like to start with a Tonga Toast breakfast at the Polynesian (dutch). There's a limit of 5 persons/tour, and you may not know the others in your group (at least, not at first).
Yowzers! Maybe not this time as I'll only be there a few days. I'll have to think about it. I'm not entirely sure on when I'm coming down yet.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 am

Zazu wrote:That depends almost entirely on how much you can stand. Some have lasted 8.5 hours, but it's adjustable.
Right... I PM'd Zazu back before our late-December trip, found out the time commitment, and went :eek: . I'd still love to get the tour some day, but right now we don't get to WDW enough to be able to spend that much time.

What are the chances of you ever videotaping or audio-recording the tour, Zazu???

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:56 pm

BRWombat wrote:What are the chances of you ever videotaping or audio-recording the tour, Zazu???
Pretty slight, for several reasons.

First, because I tailor each tour to the group I'm with. Newbies get a slightly different show than experience parkers, and CMs get some extra stories told backstage.

Second, because no matter how often I give the tour, it's always different. The itinerary can change in an instant if we run into the Dapper Dans, or Scoop Sanderson, or Push.

Third, because the Park keeps changing, especially in the little things that I talk about a lot.

And finally, because I've been asked to put my collection of Park stories into a book. As in, for pay. Don't know when that's likely to come together, especially now that job #3 is taking up so much time.

Besides, having to make time for it makes it all the more special for those who do. I mean, Club 33 doesn't do take-out, right?

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Zazu wrote:Pretty slight, for several reasons.

First, because I tailor each tour to the group I'm with. Newbies get a slightly different show than experience parkers, and CMs get some extra stories told backstage.

Second, because no matter how often I give the tour, it's always different. The itinerary can change in an instant if we run into the Dapper Dans, or Scoop Sanderson, or Push.

Third, because the Park keeps changing, especially in the little things that I talk about a lot.

And finally, because I've been asked to put my collection of Park stories into a book. As in, for pay. Don't know when that's likely to come together, especially now that job #3 is taking up so much time.

Besides, having to make time for it makes it all the more special for those who do. I mean, Club 33 doesn't do take-out, right?
All very good reasons. It won't happen this trip but I will go on one of your tours eventually. Hopefully as soon as possible after I move down there and become a CM myself.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward