Disney owns ALL parks everywhere

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Disney owns ALL parks everywhere

Post by CBeilby » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:00 am

DisneyMom wrote:I was just fantasizing. Isn't Todai a Japanese buffet? I've seen one on Ventura Blvd in the SFV and off the 8 in San Diego. If anyone knows and has been, how was it? :)

Probably won't make it to Japan anytime soon. :(
Todai, at least the one in Orange, is outstanding. Some of the best Japanese food you'll find. Always fresh (it rarely stays on the steam tables long enough to get old.) The sushi especially is fresh, and top quality. Only problem is that it tends to be a bit on the pricey side, as most Japanese can be (oh, and that the shrimp tempura goes awfully fast.)

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:46 am

I love Todai! A little bit on the pricy side (at least the one in Glendale), but it's definetely well worth it.

I now have a sudden craving for Japanese food at 2 AM in the morning, and nowhere open to satisfy it =(.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:50 am

glendalais wrote:I now have a sudden craving for Japanese food at 2 AM in the morning, and nowhere open to satisfy it =(.
Take two bowls of rice and don't call me in the morning. ;)

Randy

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 am

I remember in Alexandria VA there was a Sushi Buffet that Judy and I would regularly go to. It was a fixed price, and not cheap, but wonderful.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks all for telling me about Todai! I'll definitely make arrangements to go someday, maybe when we make our trek to San Diego this year. We stay at a little house in Ocean Beach and do all the Tourist things. :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:22 pm

DisneyMom wrote:I was just fantasizing. Isn't Todai a Japanese buffet? I've seen one on Ventura Blvd in the SFV and off the 8 in San Diego. If anyone knows and has been, how was it? :)

Probably won't make it to Japan anytime soon. :(
Hmm, I spent a couple of years in Japan, the only place I remember was a shakeys Pizza parlor in the sub level of the Yokohama train station!!

There is a Japaneese resteraunt a few blocks away that has some pretty authentic food, of course the tempura veggies is best (personal favorite) but DW loves all things Sushi!! Gonna have to try that Todai!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?