Disney owns ALL parks everywhere

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mikey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Disney owns ALL parks everywhere

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:12 pm

I work at a park, lets just say Company "X".

I was working in the ticketing area and had a few quiet minutes so I went over to a Tram/Bus shelter which was not in use this particular day for some shade and a rest. Since it is a guest area I usually have a clipboard in hand to look like I am doing something instead of goofing off.

A guest in his 80's approached for conversation, asking the usual questions about where I worked, what I did, how I liked it, etc. Next, he asked if I was aware that Company X was owned by Disney, then went on to explain that all parks everywhere are owned by Disney. They just use the name Company X to make people think that other companies exist. The same was true for the other big park corporations, as Company Y and Z were also Disney properties. That way "Disney gets all of your money and you don't know it".

He was most pleasant and polite but I sensed that 'all cylinders were not firing'. A co-worker called my cell phone about that time and rather than hang up I kept the phone open so he could listen in, especially to send help if things turned ugly. (apparently he shared the audio on speaker-phone with others in the back office and they were all laughing at my being guest-trapped)

At that point he changed the subject to restaurants with the main complaint being the "the m-f-ing Europeans never give you any ice in your drinks". This was apparently a large issue in his life and he discussed it at length. I assured him that our park provided PLENTY of ice in the drink cups and should he not receive enough ice, the staff would happily provide more.

A few minutes later his family located him and thanked me profusely for "looking after him".

What a strange morning that was.
Mikey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Disney owns ALL parks everywhere

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Mikey wrote:A few minutes later his family located him and thanked me profusely for "looking after him".
Sounds like they could use a GPS tracking device. It's always interesting listening to other people's views. It keeps comedians up to date with fresh material.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:00 pm

It's amazing how conversations can change when you encounter someone who was "free associating" as he probably was.

I have had a couple of conversations with people who whould show up at our offices with a complaint, and after a few minutes, "go off" to lala land with something else. the problem is that those poor people actually believe what they are saying is true!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Mikey wrote:I work at a park, lets just say Company "X".

He was most pleasant and polite but I sensed that 'all cylinders were not firing'. A co-worker called my cell phone about that time and rather than hang up I kept the phone open so he could listen in, especially to send help if things turned ugly. (apparently he shared the audio on speaker-phone with others in the back office and they were all laughing at my being guest-trapped)

A few minutes later his family located him and thanked me profusely for "looking after him".

What a strange morning that was.
Mikey
Well, it is good that you were able to keep him occupied until his Family found him! I imagine that a few of you have run into that sort of situation,many elderly people are in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, and family has to keep tabs on them....
One morning I got a phone call about 3 AM and an elderly gentleman was telling me that "Every night, about 15 people break in to his condo and just stand and stare at him." I talked with him nicely, he said he was alone, and I told him to call 911 if he thought he was in trouble....he apologized, I think he realized he had the wrong number. Poor Guy.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Maybe he was actually a time traveler from the future. Remember the movie "Demolition Man" where in the future all restaurants were Taco Bell?

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:53 pm

My former mother-in-law thought that people were climbing in through her bathroom window and stealing her toilet paper. :confused:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Syndrome wrote:Maybe he was actually a time traveler from the future. Remember the movie "Demolition Man" where in the future all restaurants were Taco Bell?
Tacos are good, but why can't all the future restaurants be Japanese Buffets? :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Syndrome wrote:Maybe he was actually a time traveler from the future. Remember the movie "Demolition Man" where in the future all restaurants were Taco Bell?
Yeah, but the three seashells in the bathroom were a bit weird!!!!!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:My former mother-in-law thought that people were climbing in through her bathroom window and stealing her toilet paper. :confused:
If all they have in the future is Taco Bell you're going to need as much toilet paper as you can get. We're also going to need a bigger toilet...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:54 pm

ktulu wrote:If all they have in the future is Taco Bell you're going to need as much toilet paper as you can get. We're also going to need a bigger toilet...
Didn't you see the movie, they don't use toilet paper......