I hate the 2fer with the fire of 10000 suns.

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
minimoose
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: I hate the 2fer with the fire of 10000 suns.

Post by minimoose » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 am

I think there should be a huge label on the ticket that says

"READ THE RULES OF THIS TICKET!!!!!"

with giant arrows pointing to how you use the ticket

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 am

Wouldn't help, if SGs won't read huge signs right in their face they won't read anything on a ticket no matter how big you make it.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:28 am

Actually, I was working Fastpass Return, and people were reading the safety sign. I had two pregnant women (not even showing yet) who turned around and decided not to ride. Where's that Hero Guest badge for them?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:23 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Where's that Hero Guest badge for them?
It be here.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Wouldn't help, if SGs won't read huge signs right in their face they won't read anything on a ticket no matter how big you make it.
Very true, and the problem with SG's is that when they DO know the rules, they will still try and make up a story to get around the rules. Such is the nature of an SG!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Mad Maxx
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mad Maxx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:01 am

Oh god, the 2fers stalk me where ere I go! I was on digg.com of all websites and the big banner ad? A damn 2fer ad... God, I want a little peace and quite from the damn things. Leave me ALONE please.

Please let this be the last year they do this promotion. I hope they dont try to drive attendance to DCA while it is undergoing it reimagining and then that they wont need to drive its attendance once it is done.

So, Im down to bring the cake for the end of the 2fers. Whos gunna bring the drink and whos gunna get the cookies?

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Mimi, it doesn't matter if the ticket says in large, bold letters "READ THE RULES OF THIS TICKET", the Leads or Managers will accomodate a SG that wants us to make an exception to let them into the park anyway.

I had a SG that came to my window that wanted me to comp him and his SG family in because, "I didn't realize the 2 day tickets were only good for 13 days after the first day I used them. I realize it says that on the ticket, but I paid a lot of money for these tickets, so could you do something so that I could use them today?" He said "I realize it says that on the tickets," but he still wanted us to make an exception, because, after all, he paid "a lot of money for these tickets." Several times I told him that it clearly states 13 days, and he agreed, then demanded to see a manager. My Lead called the Ticket Taker Lead to make an exception. She and the TT Lead let him use the tickets that were expired!!!!

She wrote some stuff on the tickets before she gave them back to the guest. I'm hoping that she wrote on them that the tickets were not upgradeable, or wrote the SG names on the tickets so that nobody else could use them.

The Managers and Leads will too many times overide the rules that are clearly stated on the tickets. Even though the Ticket Sellers will clearly tell the SG at the window when being purchased that the tickets are good for one park THAT day, OTHER park OTHER day, there is a percentage of SG that still will try to use the tickets at DLand twice, or both parks on the same day claiming that they were not told that when purchased. Why not try it, if you make a little stink and they'll make an exception?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Terrytunes wrote:Mimi, it doesn't matter if the ticket says in large, bold letters "READ THE RULES OF THIS TICKET", the Leads or Managers will accomodate a SG that wants us to make an exception to let them into the park anyway.

I had a SG that came to my window that wanted me to comp him and his SG family in because, "I didn't realize the 2 day tickets were only good for 13 days after the first day I used them. I realize it says that on the ticket, but I paid a lot of money for these tickets, so could you do something so that I could use them today?" He said "I realize it says that on the tickets," but he still wanted us to make an exception, because, after all, he paid "a lot of money for these tickets." Several times I told him that it clearly states 13 days, and he agreed, then demanded to see a manager. My Lead called the Ticket Taker Lead to make an exception. She and the TT Lead let him use the tickets that were expired!!!!

She wrote some stuff on the tickets before she gave them back to the guest. I'm hoping that she wrote on them that the tickets were not upgradeable, or wrote the SG names on the tickets so that nobody else could use them.

The Managers and Leads will too many times overide the rules that are clearly stated on the tickets. Even though the Ticket Sellers will clearly tell the SG at the window when being purchased that the tickets are good for one park THAT day, OTHER park OTHER day, there is a percentage of SG that still will try to use the tickets at DLand twice, or both parks on the same day claiming that they were not told that when purchased. Why not try it, if you make a little stink and they'll make an exception?
And THAT in a nutshell, my CM friends seems to be the exact reason the SGs keep doing what they are doing. Some leads and Managers will always give in and as long as they do, the SGs will keep doing what they do best, getting away with something. :rolleyes: You cannot have rules if they keep being broken by the very people (managers and leads) who are supposed to enforce them. It only reinforces the SGs behavior and makes you, the CM look like a fool for following the rules.

I can only imagine the smug looks that these SGs give you guys when the manager caves. :hyper: What a crock of shit! SGs KNOW that calling the manager will get them what they want most of the time. How can you do your job and take the rules seriously if the managers don't even follow them or back you up? Man, that sux! :mad: :(
sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Mad Maxx wrote:Oh god, the 2fers stalk me where ere I go! I was on digg.com of all websites and the big banner ad? A damn 2fer ad... God, I want a little peace and quite from the damn things. Leave me ALONE please.

Please let this be the last year they do this promotion. I hope they dont try to drive attendance to DCA while it is undergoing it reimagining and then that they wont need to drive its attendance once it is done.

So, Im down to bring the cake for the end of the 2fers. Whos gunna bring the drink and whos gunna get the cookies?
I'll bring cookies! We should have a party in the MS conference room!

And as for everything Susi said above about managers caving - I agree 100%. I've had several heated discussions with leads and managers about appeasement (I know I know, its like we're at war with the jerks) and how all it does is teach them that if they wine they'll get their way. My roomie teaches kindergarten and whenever I tell her stories about a SG she always comments about how none of the morals she teaches her class seem to apply to adults. Things like "temper tantrums don't get you anywhere" and "be nice to other people".

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:19 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Things like "temper tantrums don't get you anywhere" and "be nice to other people".
And they need to be said in that condescending sort of way to be really accurate. Because in both of these instances of SG reversion, you are reverting to the behavior of a small child.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?