I am rich, so therefore I am RUDE!!!!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I am rich, so therefore I am RUDE!!!!!

Post by pattimelt » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Everyone knows me at work, and they know that if I can't do a little magic each day, I turn into an ogre. I'm not looking to make dreams come true, but doing SOMETHING nice for someone each day to make their day better works for me. UNTIL this past THURSDAY.

I have NEVER had a day where not only did I not make magic for someone but after my first SG of the day, I DID NOT want to make magic for ANYONE!!!!

SG #1 of the day: Working the line outside the GSB, I get stopped by a policeman who states he is there for the WILDFIRE HERO tickets. I explained to him nicely that those tickets were blocked out from Dec 25-Jan 6, and were not valid for that day. "I got the email," he says, "and it said that we could come to the park for free between now and February." Well, yes, sir, but there were some blocked out days listed. "I came 2 1/2 hours down here from Santa Barbara and I INSIST you let me in the park!!!" Well, sir, tickets to get into the park are $66 for adults, and $56 for children ages 3-9 for the day. SG says "I have never been treated so rudely, especially when your company put out the email... " I respond to this with the following: Sir, when I'm on the road in Santa Barbara, I am expected to read the rules and follow them, right? He said yes. Well, I told him, for this promotion, you should have read all the rules, because they were in that email, and I can get you a copy if you'd like to reread them on your way home, cause unless you buy a ticket, you and your family are NOT getting in the park on a hero ticket today... :D:

And the winner of the day: SG #2--

Guest is in line outside of GSB. I'm in a window, assisting guests who need help or to purchase tickets. Unbeknownst to me, guest has spent 20 minutes complaining to one of my leads outside, and my lead has told her the exact same thing I end up telling her. So anyway--guest gets to window with her 9 other family members. Has Southern California annual passes purchased on 12/3/07 from one of the hotels, and she wants to go into Disneyland for one kid's birthday. That's nice, that will be $400-- one $40 block out ticket per person, right?? Anyway, guest INSISTS that she only purchased these passes cause the CM at the hotel told her that Jan 3 was NOT blocked out, and she had looked at the block out days online, and she did not see where Jan 3rd was blocked out. After pulling up the block out schedule online for HER TYPE OF AP, I printed it out for her and asked her what today was and showed her that it was, indeed, blocked out. She asked to speak to my supervisor, who told her that it was blocked out and she needed to buy the blockout tickets for $40 each, but she got louder and louder, and my lead said that she would call the manager and see what the manager said. Manager gave the lead the ok to DOWNGRADE her tickets to 2 day park hoppers and guest got rude again and said "then I won't have the ap's", well, no you won't, IDIOT!! She left in a huff (mind you this took a good 20+ minutes at my window!!), and did not buy the blockout day tickets and did NOT downgrade her tickets.

About 20 minutes later, she came back to the windows and had her tickets downgraded to 2 day park hoppers-- and then when she got inside the park, she RE-UPGRADED to So cal annual passes!!!!

I was so pissed off by this time, I was tempted to walk off property and just turn in my id card and name badge, but it was lunch, so I got a good 30 minute break and realized that she was a pain and she felt "entitled" and she got what she wanted, even if she screwed the system. What I should have done was write down her name and the names of all her family members and put notes in the files about how rude she was and how the 2 day park hoppers COULD NOT be upgraded at any time--but I didn't, cause she had me so flustered--and now she got her way. :banghead:
:banghead: :banghead:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I am rich, so therefore I am RUDE!!!!!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:51 pm

pattimelt wrote:Everyone knows me at work, and they know that if I can't do a little magic each day, I turn into an ogre. I'm not looking to make dreams come true, but doing SOMETHING nice for someone each day to make their day better works for me. UNTIL this past THURSDAY.

I have NEVER had a day where not only did I not make magic for someone but after my first SG of the day, I DID NOT want to make magic for ANYONE!!!!

SG #1 of the day: Working the line outside the GSB, I get stopped by a policeman who states he is there for the WILDFIRE HERO tickets. I explained to him nicely that those tickets were blocked out from Dec 25-Jan 6, and were not valid for that day. "I got the email," he says, "and it said that we could come to the park for free between now and February." Well, yes, sir, but there were some blocked out days listed. "I came 2 1/2 hours down here from Santa Barbara and I INSIST you let me in the park!!!" Well, sir, tickets to get into the park are $66 for adults, and $56 for children ages 3-9 for the day. SG says "I have never been treated so rudely, especially when your company put out the email... " I respond to this with the following: Sir, when I'm on the road in Santa Barbara, I am expected to read the rules and follow them, right? He said yes. Well, I told him, for this promotion, you should have read all the rules, because they were in that email, and I can get you a copy if you'd like to reread them on your way home, cause unless you buy a ticket, you and your family are NOT getting in the park on a hero ticket today... :D:

And the winner of the day: SG #2--

Guest is in line outside of GSB. I'm in a window, assisting guests who need help or to purchase tickets. Unbeknownst to me, guest has spent 20 minutes complaining to one of my leads outside, and my lead has told her the exact same thing I end up telling her. So anyway--guest gets to window with her 9 other family members. Has Southern California annual passes purchased on 12/3/07 from one of the hotels, and she wants to go into Disneyland for one kid's birthday. That's nice, that will be $400-- one $40 block out ticket per person, right?? Anyway, guest INSISTS that she only purchased these passes cause the CM at the hotel told her that Jan 3 was NOT blocked out, and she had looked at the block out days online, and she did not see where Jan 3rd was blocked out. After pulling up the block out schedule online for HER TYPE OF AP, I printed it out for her and asked her what today was and showed her that it was, indeed, blocked out. She asked to speak to my supervisor, who told her that it was blocked out and she needed to buy the blockout tickets for $40 each, but she got louder and louder, and my lead said that she would call the manager and see what the manager said. Manager gave the lead the ok to DOWNGRADE her tickets to 2 day park hoppers and guest got rude again and said "then I won't have the ap's", well, no you won't, IDIOT!! She left in a huff (mind you this took a good 20+ minutes at my window!!), and did not buy the blockout day tickets and did NOT downgrade her tickets.

About 20 minutes later, she came back to the windows and had her tickets downgraded to 2 day park hoppers-- and then when she got inside the park, she RE-UPGRADED to So cal annual passes!!!!

I was so pissed off by this time, I was tempted to walk off property and just turn in my id card and name badge, but it was lunch, so I got a good 30 minute break and realized that she was a pain and she felt "entitled" and she got what she wanted, even if she screwed the system. What I should have done was write down her name and the names of all her family members and put notes in the files about how rude she was and how the 2 day park hoppers COULD NOT be upgraded at any time--but I didn't, cause she had me so flustered--and now she got her way. :banghead:
:banghead: :banghead:
Wow! I thought that the AP's had the name on them. when they changed to park hopper in obviously went to a generic ticket, but when she "re-upgraded" wouldn't the system show that? That is just too silly, DW and I have had AP for years, and we always know what days are blocked. Dosn't take a rocket scientest to find out about blocked days. If her kids birthday is on a blocked AP day, she should have upgraded the AP to the higher one that wasn't blocked!!

SG at its worst, knowing the rules and trying to get around them.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pattimelt » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:57 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:
SG at its worst, knowing the rules and trying to get around them.
That's what got me... She KNEW there was a way around it, and she took it. She even kept saying "This is NOT the Disney WAY!!" Hello, if you're being a BITCH, well, you aren't gonna get anything out of me!!!!!!! Be nice, and I'll see about comping you a couple people into the park, but the rest will have to pay..

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:07 pm

pattimelt wrote:I was so pissed off by this time, I was tempted to walk off property and just turn in my id card and name badge, but it was lunch, so I got a good 30 minute break...
Do not, under any circumstances, let them wear you down. If you quit, they win.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I despise the fact that a guest often times will go to a manager and the manager will give them EXACTLY what they want. A man came to the park on NYE and wanted to get a fastpass for soarin'. No problem right? Wrong! The thing is he brought his wife and daughter's tickets while they were still sleeping at the resort so he could get the fastpass. Since they hadn't been validated at the gate he could not get the other two fastpasses. He was furious. I explained the rules over and over to him before he asked to see a coordinator. The coordinator comes out, talks to him for 5 minutes and gives him fastpasses. WHAT THE HELL?!?! Not only did they go against the rules, but then they made me look like an ass. What is the point of having rules if when a guest complains we break them immediately? They say it's guest service, I say it's bullshit! How is that fair to the other 78,999 people who entered the park and want fastpasses for soarin'? If it wasn't NYE I could understand but I thought it was ridiculous. Then when a guest has FP for all but one person in their party they won't budge on letting one person in. I don't get it...
Another example of managers forgetting what it is like to be on the front lines...

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:12 pm

pattimelt wrote:That's what got me... She KNEW there was a way around it, and she took it. She even kept saying "This is NOT the Disney WAY!!" Hello, if you're being a BITCH, well, you aren't gonna get anything out of me!!!!!!! Be nice, and I'll see about comping you a couple people into the park, but the rest will have to pay..
I am so sorry that you got nailed by an SG thats an ass. It's almost like security should have gotten involved for her doing a fraud on DL! Because thats what she did.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Unfortunately what SG#2 pulled would not have worked at WDW.

The downgrade would have had to be authorized a a Guest Services Voucher, with the person giving their name and address and the manager signing it for approval. It would have been entered into the Guest Recovery System as a permanent record, and also tied to the notes in the downgraded ticket information.

This means when the person went to do the upgrade back to an Annual product the notes section of the old ticket would have been flashing.

Also, ATS will not allow a ticket to be upgraded to a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass if it is on an SP block out date and the ticket has been used for entry to a park on that date.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:12 pm

hobie16 wrote:Do not, under any circumstances, let them wear you down. If you quit, they win.
Absolutely. My family motto for the past three generation:

"Illigitimi non carbarundum!" :zazu:

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Zazu wrote:Absolutely. My family motto for the past three generation:

I like! Mind if I steal that for my signature (with proper acknowledgment, of course)?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:45 pm

Zazu wrote:Absolutely. My family motto for the past three generation:

I think we have use something very similar, except we translated it into english!!