Help me write the next great book...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:34 am

She ran into her room where she then saw her boyfriend, relaxing on their bed, smoking a cigarette and looking very content. Thank God! Things are back to normal!

"Matt!" she exclaimed. "Matt, thank God you're here." She started towards him.

"I've never left, Babe," Matt replied in a scratchy voice that made her stop dead in her tracks, puzzled. That didn't seem like Matt's voice. And didn't Matt die last year in a traffic accident, a few years after they broke up?

No. Obviously those stories she heard were false - for there he was, right there in bed! She started towards him again, and in the corner of her eye, she thought she saw a tail coming from the base of Matt's back.

She did a double-take. There was no tail there - of course. How silly of her. But what was there, and what she didn't notice was...

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:51 am

A puddle of maggots on the floor next to the bed, squirming and plump from feasting on putrid flesh. They wriggled like newborn rats and tried to head for the dark recesses under the bed. Her boyfriend, Matt smiled broadly at her, revealing loose stitching around his mouth from where the mortician had stiched his lips together. He was holding a serrated pruning saw, rusty and sticky with a viscous red substance.

Her mouth opened and closed silently, like a fish out of water. Trying to fathom what she was seeing but uncomprehending. Matt was dressed as he had been buried, not in a suit or a tuxedo, but in his favorite clothes...The costume for Toon-Town at Disneyland. The garish pinks and blues and yellows were faded from age and dirty from fresh earth.

"What's the matter babe? Mouse got your tongue?". Matt held up a fleshy pink strip of flesh and she recoiled in horror as she realized it belonged to her dog, Pal.

a horrible, croaky, rasping laugh like the sound of autumn leaves blowing across pavement rose from Matt's throat and filled her ears....

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:21 pm

Fearing for her life she ran to the closet to grab a baseball bat she kept for protection. She found it easily and turned to face the intruder, he was gone. There was nothing to prove what she had just gone through was even real. She started to make her way through the house slowly, turning on every light she could as she moved along. With warning something jumped out of the shadows and knocked her off her feet. The bat was knocked away, she tried grabbing for it. A familiar sound came from the creature and she turned to face it. It was Buddy, her dog, alive and well. No longer scared she sat up and started to pet him.

"I think it's time to go, Buddy."...

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:08 pm

She got out her dog's leash and opened the door. Her dog was so happy to go walkies - he bolted out the door before she had a chance to leash him. Merrily barking and wagging his tail for all the world to see, Buddy (aka Pal) ran around in circles in the yard, and then out into the street, where he was promptly hit and killed by a passing truck.

"Well, that'll save me a bit of money on dog food," she coldly thought as she re-entered the house - leaving the poor truck driver alone to scrape Buddy's remains from his front grill.

Once inside the house, she turned on the television and...

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:26 pm

Started flipping through the channels. What happened next scarred her for the rest of her life. She would never be able to get the image out of her mind, it was seared on her consciousness: Gary Coleman had been elected Governor of California. She bolted upright on the couch and fell over in a dead faint. The door creaked open in the wind and...

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:09 pm

...a trio of stormtroopers barged into her home. Yes, this was the Gary Coleman brigade - every one of them highly trained, mean, muscular and under 5 feet tall. They tore through her belongings and informed her...

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:44 pm

... that they've been going thru her closet and decided that her underwear needs an update.
in her head she had to agree. blushing, she replyed :" ever since my boyfriend died and his disneysalery is gone i've had not much money to stop by victoria's secret"
as a matter of fact she had been so poor that just a month earlier she had to eat her other dog, sparky, for dinner. as soon as she remembered that, she realized that seeing pal's head in the fridge had made her kind of hungry.
gary coleman and his army picked up on her look and agreed with her that everyone was hungry by now. with his newfound payraise as a governor, he could treat everyone to pizza. he asked which delivery was closeby and reached for the phone...

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:13 pm

...But just then, Arnold Schwarzenhegger (sp?) jumped throught the window, dressed in his black leather T2 Biker get up. He held a shotgun in one hand. He loaded the shotgun and blasted two stormtroopers away. Gary Coleman then jumped onto the side of the wall and bicycle kicked him. Arnold staggered back and reloaded. BLAM! Another blast took out another sentry of Coleman's army. Suddenly, Gary said, "I still have a few tricks up my sleeve...."

A whole entire company of stormtroopers marched into the house and began firing. Arnold ran for cover. He threw a grenade and hoped for the best. Half of the first squad was taken out. Arnold called for backup. Just then a dark cloaked figure appeared in the doorway to help Arnold. It was...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:22 am

...evil Lord Eisner. He had been one of Arnold's biggest supporters, in the hopes of getting special favors for himself and his company in return. Mickey Mouse stood by his side, and flinched slightly as Eisner detached on of Mickey's ears and threw it at Coleman. Like some oversized Ninja Death Star, Mickey's ear decapitated little Gary, and returned to evil Lord Eisner like a boomerang. He slammed it back onto Mickey's head with a minimal loss of blood.

Mickey gave a hiss as he and evil Lord Eisner backed into the night.

Arnold unzipped his...

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:06 am

... jacket and pulled out minnie mouses hairtie. "i have been expecting you, evil lord eisner. so i came prepared. minnie mouse has been kisnapped and is held at a secret location at knott's berry farm. if you ever want to see her alive, you..."

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?