Welcome aboard!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Welcome aboard!

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:19 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:There, I don't moderate, I just go after scammers, and if upon researching their names I find them worthy, I send their info to sites like 419eater.com, where they are equipped to deal with scammers in a way I no longer am. So I see what I do at Sweep Hunters as not moderating, just helping to deal with scammers.
Should rename it Wallaby's Shooting Grounds.
Actually Wallaby is an administrator on my site as I trust him.
My site attracts tons of spammers and riff raff,
Wallaby is doing a fine job as I came back after a month off of there and not one spammer got through, I guess he scared them off, lol. Thanks big guy,

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:There, I don't moderate, I just go after scammers, and if upon researching their names I find them worthy, I send their info to sites like 419eater.com, where they are equipped to deal with scammers in a way I no longer am. So I see what I do at Sweep Hunters as not moderating, just helping to deal with scammers.
Good for you. we send people there when we can't touch them. and believe me we try!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:48 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Should rename it Wallaby's Shooting Grounds.
Actually Wallaby is an administrator on my site as I trust him.
My site attracts tons of spammers and riff raff,
Wallaby is doing a fine job as I came back after a month off of there and not one spammer got through, I guess he scared them off, lol. Thanks big guy,
Hmmm...we may need to swap info...

BW, having run a few boards in my day, I don't envy the new job, even here ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm

ktulu wrote:BW, having run a few boards in my day, I don't envy the new job, even here ;)
Fortunately, I am joining a group of very strong moderators and administrators. The other thing, it seems that the really, really bad stuff you sometimes have to do as a moderator comes less frequently around here.

And no one is allowed to change that without the permission of all admins and mods first.

That is all.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Fortunately, I am joining a group of very strong moderators and administrators. The other thing, it seems that the really, really bad stuff you sometimes have to do as a moderator comes less frequently around here.

And no one is allowed to change that without the permission of all admins and mods first.

That is all.
But still there is to much I do not like going on at SGT and with my health problems I am playing catch up on everything at every site. Definitely a major problem with respecting peoples' requests and the worst was when I was insulted. I hang in here just to beith you Big Guy and the nice people here. The site really needs 24 hr a day monitoring because of spammers.

They chose you and are wise to have done so.

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 pm

WOOHOOO Big W!!!!

:dancear:

That smiley kinda scares me a little.

[font=Tahoma]Steph[/font]
ImageMy Blog:http://2p2p-2princes2princesses.blogspot.com/
Disclaimer: May induce sleep, read at your own risk! ;)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:37 pm

StephM wrote:WOOHOOO Big W!!!!

:dancear:

That smiley kinda scares me a little.
Yeah, especially since he seems to be doing the jitterbug!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Fortunately, I am joining a group of very strong moderators and administrators. The other thing, it seems that the really, really bad stuff you sometimes have to do as a moderator comes less frequently around here.

That is all.
I actually didn't mind running a board, I had a team of mods and then stepped back and let them do the work. I just know how it can get. SGT would be a cake walk I think, other boards I'm not so sure...

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:15 pm

ktulu wrote:I actually didn't mind running a board, I had a team of mods and then stepped back and let them do the work. I just know how it can get. SGT would be a cake walk I think, other boards I'm not so sure...
Like walking through a crowded restaurant with a couple brats running around your legs while you carry a birthday cake. You can have fun on my board until Polar needs another mod, lol.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Like walking through a crowded restaurant with a couple brats running around your legs while you carry a birthday cake. You can have fun on my board until Polar needs another mod, lol.
I'll be cleaning house ;)