aww, ever had a kid create the magic for YOU?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: aww, ever had a kid create the magic for YOU?

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:43 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:Ben And Jerry's used to have a "Black and Tan" flavored ice cream that was fantastic.
really, I never knew that.

how close was the taste?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 am

GaTechGal wrote:Not so keen on a beer float, but I have been known to eat ice cream and drink beer at the same meal. I think this works best for Dark beers.
There is a restaurant in Emeryville - Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe - that serves this intense concoction called the Shakin' Jessie. It's a chocolate espresso Guinness milkshake and oh my GOD is it good.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:really, I never knew that.

how close was the taste?
Fairly close.. A lot closer than you would expect from ice cream.

Toltendo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Toltendo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 am

I was at California Adventure on the 4th of July and after I left World of Color, I went to the Glow Fest at Hollywood Blvd.

I saw this tiny toddler just having a great time with the glow sticks and everything else with one of the CM selling the flashy . He also got a crowd surrounding him when he started to dance with one of the go-go dancers on the street. Everyone loved it.

There was also this one kid who was having a dance-off with the same person. That too was entertaining and everyone enjoyed that as well.

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:46 am

I had a kid "create the magic" when I was on the clock one time. I was stuck on some of the kidde rides where I worked and when I stuck my hand out to help this kid out of the kidde train, he sneezed.. in my hand. that was wondeful haha

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:03 pm

deathcomesarippin wrote:I had a kid "create the magic" when I was on the clock one time. I was stuck on some of the kidde rides where I worked and when I stuck my hand out to help this kid out of the kidde train, he sneezed.. in my hand. that was wondeful haha
thats when you quickly switch hands to pull him out, then give him a pat on the back with the "sneezed" hand!! :rolleyes:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:16 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:thats when you quickly switch hands to pull him out, then give him a pat on the back with the "sneezed" hand!! :rolleyes:
haha good idea. wish I could think that fast instead of getting angry. but the kid was two or three it happens.

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:18 am

Last night I was out Greeting at the front of Plaza Inn, and there were two girls playing. One was running up the front steps when no other guests were entering down the left side of the porch down the stairs there and telling the other one,"You can't get me!" I watched for a couple moments, then when she went by I reached out and said"I got you, tag" and she giggled and continued on her circular route. I did it again... and she then got her friend into chasing her. I went inside, and got two Honorary Citizen of Disneyland buttons- one at a time for the girls. I also tagged the other little girl and both of the girls thanked me for their buttons.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Sounds like a magical moment!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:10 pm

This happened a few years back, in Florida (sorry) but it seems to fit in with the child/good feeling thing that has been displayed. I have read almost all the posts (about two hours worth) and I kept being reminded of this incident back in 2002.

My divorce had become final about 7 months previous to my making a re-find yourself road trip. I traveled from Vermont to the Keys with a couple of Disney stops in between.

Anyway, one day I found myself at the Kennedy Space Center. I had just gotten into the Imax theater that was showing the "Big Blue Marble" I think it was called. I sat next to a family that had just been on the "Big Red Boat" that at the time was a Disney Cruise. They had a little girl, I would say was about 4 or 5 and she was in the seat next to me. While we waited for the show to start I asked her what she had been doing and she told me all about the boat and how they were headed over to DisneyWorld and how she couldn't wait to get there. I don't know how many topics we covered but they were plentiful. Her parents kept telling her to stop bothering me and I just kept telling them that it was fine and we were having a nice chat.

It had been a pretty busy cruise and she told me that she was pretty tired but that she would be better as soon as she got to see Mickey. Well, the movie started and within 5 minutes she was leaning against my arm, sound asleep. It was wonderful. It brought back so many memories of my girls when they were little and how they would do that same thing. For the first time in a long time I felt good but a little melancholy.

She slept through the entire movie and my arm was stiff from her leaning against it but I wouldn't have complained for anything. As we were leaving her parents apologized for her and I said...please don't worry about it, it was a nice feeling to have a small child trust me enough to just fall asleep. I also thanked her parents for letting her do that. I represented no threat and I guess somehow they sensed that.

Anyway, they went their way and I went mine. A couple of days later I was in the Magic Kingdom and who do I run into but that same family. I was so pleased when the little girl ran up to me and hugged me and told me that she hoped that she would see me again at Mickeys house. I, of course, asked if she got to visit with Mickey and she said that she had and that she was no longer tired and it was fun.

It was a pretty rough time for me at that point...I missed my family. I missed my little girls who were all grown up by then and that little warm encounter with a stranger was what I needed to pick myself up and happily face the world again. Kids are a life defining thing. Some you'd like to throttle and others just make you feel so good.

She would be about 14 now and I sometimes wonder what happened after our little encounter. She was a smart little girl so I suspect that she is doing quite well.

:goofy: :goofy: