Kid Jumps In JP Splashdown Pool

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Kid Jumps In JP Splashdown Pool

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 pm

hobie16 wrote:Geezer Land would be beyond a new trestle by the Tomorrow Land station. As soon as you cross under you'll need a walker, wheelchair or ECV.
And then you will take them over to the speedway, The purpose here is to pass as many SG's as possible in trying to get to the front of an attraction. On the way, you get points for running into guests, crushing toes, knocking over kids, etc. Extra points for taking out the CM at the attractions entrance.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:44 am

It is a way to feel important and look important. THEY HAVE A PHONE CALL. We do not give a hoot and are annoyed but to them it is their way of showing they are loved and needed even if they got a wrong number type of call.

Us normal people do not need attention and are curteous. There are those who are show offs and have to show off iwth their danged phones.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 pm

I got DW and I cell phones a number of years ago, we use them very little. We were laughing a few days ago at the grocery store, a lady was on her cell phone unloading her groceries, through check out, got them bagged, and left the stor without stopping her chatter. We check out and as we were loading our groceries, she drove by us in the parking lot, still talking!

My question is, what the hell are they talking about? I have gotten more resolved and accomplished with a two minute phone call than most people do in a day. And i listen to them while they are talking, a lot of nothing!

(once I joined in the conversation...Hey we were in a public place!! if she didn't want overheard, do it while driving!)hehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:01 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Thats too bad..Mission to mars..All those cool attractions!! They could probably open an ENTIRE park with all the "cast off" attractions!!
Disney's Boneyard... The attractions are set up like they were just dropped there, you walk around, experience them. While not allowed in the attraction, like an old junk yard, some lights are out, others are flickering, it's a bit dank, the outside of everything is run down... I could see a theme here... Great place to put my "Greasy Spoon Restaurant" idea.
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:How about a "faraday pavillion, where ALL cell phones won't work!
I love that idea.
CMGUY89 wrote:I get so many people looking for BW who pissed when I tell them it is closed.
Oh, sorry. Just send them over to me.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 pm

mechurchlady wrote:It is a way to feel important and look important. THEY HAVE A PHONE CALL. We do not give a hoot and are annoyed but to them it is their way of showing they are loved and needed even if they got a wrong number type of call.

Us normal people do not need attention and are curteous. There are those who are show offs and have to show off iwth their danged phones.
Hey, be nice, Churchy! ;) Some of us have to carry cells all the time so we can be gotten a hold of by work. My cell goes off rarely, but when it does, generally I *must* answer it. I certainly silence it in restaurants and shows and things like that, but it's still on because there are certain circumstances where I have to pull the quick answer of the phone and <quietly> "This is Joshua, one moment please." while walking swiftly outside. I usually only make or take about 3 or 4 calls from my cell all day...but unfortunately, I can't get rid of it... :( (also, in my case, it's not generally people who love me who call. It's usually people who hate me because they broke their computer and somehow it's my fault that I "allowed" them to do it!) :eek:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Kwahati wrote:(also, in my case, it's not generally people who love me who call. It's usually people who hate me because they broke their computer and somehow it's my fault that I "allowed" them to do it!)
I managed telecommunications for a small mainframe company. A woman working for me as a clerk showed an appitude for the techy side so I got her into training and let her tag along when I worked on systems.

I took a week off to go skiing and left her in charge with the understanding I'd check e-mail first AM, call her at noon, and check e-mail when I got done for the day. This was long before cell phones were available.

Everything seemed to be going okay until I got an e-mail at the end of the day that started out with, "HOW DO YOU STAND THIS SHIT??? No wonder you have hedaches all the time!!"

I called her, figured out how to resolve the problem and we were go to go. I told her that in this business you start out at a minus five and occasionally hit zero. She wasn't quite clear on that concept so I asked her, "When was the last time you were walking down the hall and someone said thanks for the dial tone?"

"Never." she replied.

"Now you understand." I said.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I think it's kinda sad that they have that Wonders of Life pavilion, and do absolutely nothing with it. But then, I guess it's nice to be able to have something to dust off and open in the event of a large crowd.
When I did the Burgandy Wine School during the Food and Wine Festival last year, it was held in the Wonder's of Life VIP lounge. Very nice setting for it. There was one larger room we used for the classes and we had our lunch in the general lounge area.

The WoL pavillion was used extensively this year for the Food and Wine Festival. Too bad they didn't open up CC, which would be even better after doing some wine tasting. :D:

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Well rumors abound that it may open up for like 2 weeks. IDK...

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Is that just going to be a seasonal thing, or are they going to use it throughout the year?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 am

The rumor says that they are just going to do it for a few weeks to soak up some extra holiday crowds then it will close again. I don't know for sure. Someone also said this was to test some sort of technology for a new star tours... I won't hold my breath. I'd like them to open it just for a little while. Just so I don't lose my mind over at The Land with extra people running around...

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...