Refused to help a guest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Refused to help a guest

Post by Guest Relations King » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:14 am

This story takes me back to when I was a fairly new Guest Relation's Cast Member.

One night out at Information East, a guest approached, pushed other guests aside and demanded a Lost & Found report for her lost disposable camera. As I was not lost and found trained at the time, I naturally called them for additional information. The CM who answered the phone at L&F told me NOT to send her over there as she had already been turned away. They found a similar camera to hers, but the location she gave was incorrect, and therefore not a match.

I told her that she would need to wait after I helped these guests that were there before her, after I had already called L&F. She demanded the L&F report immediately. She stated: "I am late taking my medication, and if I don't have my medication, I will die."

Being the good cast member, and following the 4 keys, I naturally put the guests health and safety before courtesy, and politely informed her that she should take her medication and return for help after she was not in danger.

That was one of the most upset guests I have ever had.

- GRK

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:50 pm

Never fails to amaze me. These people go through life like this too. At the supermarket, at work, at home with their kids. I feel bad for you GRK but worse for the lady.

IF I DON'T TAKE MY MEDICATION, MY EARS WILL START TO BLEED AND WHEN THE PUS COMES OUT OF MY TOES IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT. THAT'S WHY I SHOULD GO TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE!!!

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Refused to help a guest

Post by Dante101 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:22 pm

Guest Relations King wrote:She stated: "I am late taking my medication, and if I don't have my medication, I will die."
OH! You missed your chance! You should have helped her! And as you take your sweet time helping her, she'd fall over dead for not taking her medication! And it'd be all her fault.

"She insisted I help her..." you'd say to the coroner. :wink:

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:17 am

lol reminds me of something that happened to me once...

I had a teenage girl come up to me, really rudely demanding a cup of water. I tell her I can't give her water (we aren't allowed to at that location), but I can give her a cup of ice and there was a drinking fountain right around the corner just a few feet away. She says "fine", but stomps off. About 15 to 20 minutes later, she comes back, demands to know what the F* happened to her cup of water, and tells me how she's going to sue me because she is late with taking her medication because I did not give her the cup of water and now she's gonna end up in the hospital. :roll: So I get the cup of ice for her, she then goes well I wanted ice, not water, dumped the ice onto the counter, tossed the cup on the ground, and stormed off....

...I really hope she never got her medication. :twisted:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:26 am

SpaceRanger wrote:So I get the cup of ice for her, she then goes well I wanted ice, not water, dumped the ice onto the counter, tossed the cup on the ground, and stormed off...I really hope she never got her medication. :twisted:
I guess she was late with her Prozac dose :wink:

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:31 pm

SpaceRanger wrote: So I get the cup of ice for her, she then goes well I wanted ice, not water, dumped the ice onto the counter, tossed the cup on the ground, and stormed off..
Oh my god. That is one of the things that makes me laugh the most. Guests who get so mad they throw things. :throw:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PAY $2 FOR GOING OVER THE FREE PARKING BY 15 MINUTES!?"

..usually followed by throwing their reciept at me. Oh no. What ever will I do? You made such a mess... and the flimsy little piece of paper almost gave me a paper cut.. or wait.. maybe it didn't make it more then 2 inches from the car. Either way.. I better go shut my lane down now and clean up. :roll:

SwtKissez
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SwtKissez » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:21 pm

Talk about having things thrown at you....i once had a pretzel thrown at me because the guest didn't like the taste of the cinnamon sugar. which by the way she had begged for because we were no longer selling those kind of pretzels, but i happened to have to sugar on my cart and she pleaded for like 5 minutes for it...some appreciation... :roll:

"I should have told you everyday since I met you that I love you" Will Turner...everyone now: "awwwww!"

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:58 pm

hehe..
reminds me of that guy who came into city hall with his girlfriend complaining that the funnel cakes were crap. to back up his argument he had brought the entire porcelane plate plus the silver wear and of course the accused object in with him!!! he threw it on my counter and demanded i taste it to see that he is not making this up. after me going "EWWWW NO THANK YOU!" he turned it around saying that not even employees want to eat the parks food. he sayed they were to hard and chewy. it was freezing outside and according to himself he took a good 30 min to eat that. well, i told him, after 30 min in 60 desgrees weather everything would be hard as a rock.
i was amuzed by his fight so i ended up giving him his money back but he left me with the plate and the cleanup.
SO IF YOU READ THIS, FUNNEL CAKE GUY, COME AND PICK UP YOUR DAMN CHERRY!

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:03 pm

What I do when someone throws something at me, no matter if it's only a receipt or something small is SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!@ I mean a blood curdling, the person is going to kill me scream. Usually, this stops the person dead cold while they try to figure out if you are mocking them or seriously freaked out because they threw something at you. I then end up telling them I was an abused child who used to have ashtrays thrown at my head and that I can't believe they would ever throw something at someone they don't know. Trust me, they cool way the F down after that. (by the by, of course none of the abused stuff is true, it just freaks the person out)

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:28 pm

Oh, that's all funny stuff... sometimes I wish I could just say things and get away with it... like have a disclamer on all tickets stating that CMs will not be held accountable for their actions and City hall will be closed... now that would be great! Being able to tell people what you really think.

But I did get the chance to freak out this guy who was going off on me at the monorail Station... park side. I was pulled from monorail to Space, and because of the medication I was on at the time It wasn't a good Idea to work space... some decongestiant... it also caused dizzyness, sleeplessness, high blood pressure, and hyperactivity. So after almost falling in at load 2... my lead ships me back off to Monorail. I was standing at the turnstile trying to get my stress level down and control the shaking in my hands and the fast heart rate. Just as I start to calm down, this guy comes through the hotel line and starts going off on me becuase he doesn't have his room key or Hotel ID... all he shows me is a recipt from one of the gift shops. I try explaining the stiuation and he won't listen and is demanding all this stuff... All his yelling didn't help my situation... and he started to notice my hands shaking and that I'm starting to sway back and forth. I catch on to this and for some reason I decided that the only way to correct the situation was to fall over. Once I hit the ground he took off towards Matterhorn. And the next guest through the turnstile freaks out and rushes to my aid. She was really cool about it and thought it was funny. But that jerk left.

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!