Dumbest CM Injuries

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Dumbest CM Injuries

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:13 am

I know of a few people who have injured themselves in really dumb ways at work.
One guy turned right into an opening automatic door that he just warned guests about and chipped a tooth.
A CM was running and doing a track walk, tripped over an AA and broke his nose.
CM was standing on the back of a boat (big no no) fell into the water (ew) and got a concussion.
CM Running down the Land ramp in the rain, slipped and fell. 3 stitches
CM fell down the stairs at The Circle of Life in front of guests.
Any others?

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Dumbest CM Injuries

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:11 am

A CM got his finger stuck in an eye hook of a rollaway.

Not really an injury, but it's funny but a CM ripped his pants on the exit gates revealing boxer shorts with smiley faces on them! :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:04 am

I hate to admit this, since it does make me look a like a stupid CM, but...

I recently smashed a few of my fingers (nothing serious, they're all fine) when I was loading some new trays into the holders.

Thing is, while doing this, I was warning guests to "mind your fingers, please" :eek: .

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:19 am

CMGUY89 wrote:One guy turned right into an opening automatic door that he just warned guests about and chipped a tooth.
glendalais wrote:Thing is, while doing this, I was warning guests to "mind your fingers, please" :eek: .
It's a whole lot harder to watch out for yourself when you're so busy watching out for the SG's... :o:

If it makes you feel any better, I was once smoking barefoot on a patio with a friend of mine and I saw my roommate through a window coming home to our dorm room. I jumped up to wave hello and promptly smashed my right foot into a cinder block our dorm used to (illegally) prop open the outer door, breaking the three smallest toes. I collapsed crying, but laughing so hard at the same time! It hurt so bad, but even in the moment, I knew it was hilarious. :p:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 pm

It doesn't make me dumb but I have had quite a few bruised toes because CM's and SG's can't drive ECVs. OUCH!!! It is hard to hold your tongue on that one. Once I went into the storage closet under the stairs to release my expletives.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 am

CMGUY89 wrote:It doesn't make me dumb but I have had quite a few bruised toes because CM's and SG's can't drive ECVs. OUCH!!! It is hard to hold your tongue on that one. Once I went into the storage closet under the stairs to release my expletives.
I have a feeling that I would quickly invest in steel toe shoes (I wonder if they make them in dress shoes in addition to boots) and some athletic shin guards. They do make shin guards that go all the way around the leg and down to the shoe for lacross and field hockey. Such a thing could make a stroller or ECV "accidentally" bashing into the back of your heal much less painful. And under socks and long pants legs can be invisible.

(visualizing) CM standing outside, answering a Guest question. An SG comes up and politely indicates they want to ask a question by ramming the CM in the achiles tendon with their stroller. The CM (wearing guards) continues to smilingly answer the first guest. As the SG becomes more violent with the stroller and the CM is now being pushed slowly down the sidewalk, the CM turns and smiles while saying " be right with you". :D:

Randy

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:12 am

Randy B wrote:I have a feeling that I would quickly invest in steel toe shoes (I wonder if they make them in dress shoes in addition to boots) and some athletic shin guards. They do make shin guards that go all the way around the leg and down to the shoe for lacross and field hockey. Such a thing could make a stroller or ECV "accidentally" bashing into the back of your heal much less painful. And under socks and long pants legs can be invisible.

(visualizing) CM standing outside, answering a Guest question. An SG comes up and politely indicates they want to ask a question by ramming the CM in the achiles tendon with their stroller. The CM (wearing guards) continues to smilingly answer the first guest. As the SG becomes more violent with the stroller and the CM is now being pushed slowly down the sidewalk, the CM turns and smiles while saying " be right with you". :D:

Randy
LOL, The shin guards would be nice except I have a shorts option for the summer which I highly exercise. Be ready to see some really white legs!!! LOL!
I did have a guest park on my toes once, and I just stood there and smiled. I was praying for a 101 at that point where they would be stuck by Barn Theater 2
"Here at Epcot we're learning to reduce the need for pesticides by using natural predators like ladybugs and wasps to control pests. In Saudi Arabia and Mexico..."

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:20 am

CMGUY89 wrote:It doesn't make me dumb but I have had quite a few bruised toes because CM's and SG's can't drive ECVs. OUCH!!!
I have actually been known to stand on the seats in some buses just to get myself out of the way of ECV's.

There is one guy in the info booth at TTC because he thought the thing was turned off, was strapping it down and the lady using it decided it needed to be moved. All said and done, he had two broken fingers. SG didn't even apologize, but said something like, "Ooh, that looks like it hurts!"

Bitch.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:16 am

Ouch! Modified Duty in Transportation sounds like it sucks!!! We've had a couple of MD that basically perm at KIDCOT all day. I would lose my mind!!! I can barely stand an hour there. It is nice having them because we don't have to pick up that position!

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:48 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:...Not really an injury, but it's funny but a CM ripped his pants on the exit gates revealing boxer shorts with smiley faces on them! :D
Better than ripping his pants to reveal no underwear!! :eek:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter