Stupid Public Relations Trick

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Public Relations Trick

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:03 pm

hobie16 wrote:How can that be? It's... NEVER ENDING!!! Bwwwwhahahahahahahaha!!!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha (breath) hahahahahahahahahaha...

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:07 pm

susislicker wrote:You need to have a chat with hobie, he started it... :D:
Sure. We could chat on one of the threads. How 'bout The Never Ending Story thread? :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:17 pm

susislicker wrote:Okay that IS just the thing. I printed out all the specs on the laptop AND the sheet about helping a child, and I am going to give it to Ralph to look at. The problem may be right now we have put a LOT of money into our Disney trip and other things already so...I don't know if he will go for yet another expense this time of year. But I will keep pestering (NOT nagging) him about it. I like that it helps kids. That is very cool! And it is a simple little laptop that I could use to be on the net and then that would free up our home pooter for him to FINALLY get some time on it. I am ALWAYS on the pooter. He has to go on in the middle of the night when I am sleeping if he wants to do anything :D:
And since it runs linux, if you ever need help, there might be someone on this board who could help you... Good luck!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:When I say the tone has changed, I can't really put my finger on it. ...
(Resisting the urge to revert to proctologist jokes...)

Don't know if this is what you're sensing, but it seems to me that not too far back the main emphasis here was SG stories, with some other general Disney chat going on, and occasionally some personal stuff thrown in. It's morphed away from the SG stories (not abandoning them at all, just less of a focus) and more towards the personal and just "fun" chat.

I don't see this a bad thing at all, by the way, mainly because the regulars here have become friends and the lighthearted banter just flows naturally from that. It would be negative if that change kept out newcomers or stopped the flow of stories, but this is still a very welcoming place and the tales of EssssssGeeeees are still coming on strong. So... no worries! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:44 am

BRWombat wrote:It's morphed away from the SG stories (not abandoning them at all, just less of a focus) and more towards the personal and just "fun" chat.

I don't see this a bad thing at all, by the way, mainly because the regulars here have become friends and the lighthearted banter just flows naturally from that.
I think that is what I was trying to get at. I completely agree with the second part. That is what makes it so much fun here, we're not getting down to any particular business or anything.

This is the first forum on which I have met quite a few people. Can't wait to meet more, but at others, I don't have that strong a desire to meet the people. Don't get me wrong, it would be fun, but not like people from here.

I also think what is going on is when you want to post a story here, it doesn't take long to read where someone else has been through the same thing.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:09 am

Yep, You meet one Sssssss Geeeeee, you meet em all...or something like that! ;) I love the SG stories and I will try to find some SG's at Christmas, JUST SO I can post some SG stories on this board! :D: Actually, I won't have to look far. Disneyland gets so crowded at Christmas they actually have to close the gates for some time during the day and stop letting people in, until enough go out to open them again. It happens for several days around Christmas. There will be SGs aplenty for stories I am sure! :twisted:
The problem with that scenario for me is that we will have to stay IN the Park longer, and will not be able to go back to the room to rest my back without fear of not getting back in in time for ADR's or our Christmas tour which is in the late afternoon. My back ain't gonna like that AT ALL!!! We may have to rent a wheelchair for the day of the tour when we have to be at the Park early for breakfast and then again at 4PM for the tour...a loooooooooong day for my back. I am just afraid if we leave and cannot get back in we lose our $$ on the tour, non refundable of course. And NO excuse can get you through the gate. It is because there are TOO MANY people in there and they CAN'T let anyone else in. Ah yes... Christmas time at Disneyland, a veritable SG convention...should be some good stories there! :D:
susi*can't wait for Disney Christmas and the SGs I'm gonna punch out!!!!J/K*slicker :p:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 am

Susi,

Don't be rushing around trying to do everything in one day. I sat on a bench in the hub for over an hour people watching. It was interesting, relaxing and a great way to let my shoe shod feet recover. I NEVER wear shoes unless I'm mowing the lawn. How do you shoe wearers avoid bromadrosis?

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Frank- ... -Foot.html

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:19 am

hobie16 wrote:Susi,

Don't be rushing around trying to do everything in one day. I sat on a bench in the hub for over an hour people watching. It was interesting, relaxing and a great way to let my shoe shod feet recover. I NEVER wear shoes unless I'm mowing the lawn. How do you shoe wearers avoid bromadrosis?

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Frank- ... -Foot.html
We must be separated at birth Hobie...
You are barefoot too! I never wear shoes unless I HAVE to. I am always barefoot around here, even in the Winter. The folks around here laugh at me, when I go out to get the mail in bare feet and it is 27 degrees. My toeses just feel better without shoeses. :D:
Oh and we always rest at the Park. Always. I love to sit on a bench (when you can find one) and people watch. I am an avid people watcher, especially at DL and airports. They are fun for people watching.
Ahhhhh..the joy of Zappa, love that album. I saw Frank Zappa in Berzerkley at the Berkeley Community Theatre many years ago, back in the mid 80's. We had press passes cause we worked in College radio and tricked them into giving us great Press seats, in the press section which is front of the rest of the audience and we were in the second row! Holy crap! I could see the whites of his eyes! He was just so damn good! What a musician! Beyond his great lyrics, there was a phenomenal guitar playing master! I love his stuff.
susi*I promise to rest my toesies*slicker ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Zappa was the best. Remember Phi Zappa Crappa?

--- Matt King

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:35 pm

ktulu wrote:And since it runs linux, if you ever need help, there might be someone on this board who could help you... Good luck!
Is there anyone here who knows Linux? I'm working on setting up a personal web server and I'm having trouble getting the network to work on it. Google hasn't helped much and I don't want to sign up on one of the million Linux forums just to ask a question that probably has a simple answer.

If so, PM me please.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward