Happy Thanksgiving

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:57 am

susislicker wrote:All rums go with Turkey, just don't let the turkey run off with it. :p:
Might give the bird some neat moisture and flavor...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:47 pm

susislicker wrote:All rums go with Turkey, just don't let the turkey run off with it. :p:
and Turkeys like beer too.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:07 pm

drcorey wrote:and Turkeys like beer too.
True, but how do ya get the lubber ta leave after ta feast??

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I had beef roast slowcooked in burgandy all day. DANG did it taste good. No, I didnt have turkey, dont even ask :rolleyes:

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 pm

I had my turkey on Tuesday, with my husband, daughter and husband's grandmother. I worked on Thanksgiving at Disneyland and got a turkey dinner from a cast eatery, which was pretty good all things considered.

I asked my daughter on Tuesday what she was thankful for, and she said,"Everything." Then I asked her on Thursday, and she said "Seals" And that's seals as in fish eating creatures.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:11 pm

DisneyMom wrote:(which Rum goes with Turkey, anyway?:confused :)
Sounds like a carribean thanksgiving. Mix Rum and Wild Turkey in a tall glass and stir. Darph, you willing to be the tester for this combo? :D: :eek:

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:32 pm

Randy B wrote:Sounds like a carribean thanksgiving. Mix Rum and Wild Turkey in a tall glass and stir. Darph, you willing to be the tester for this combo? :D: :eek:

Randy
Wouldn't that be called a "turkey rum?" (hehehehe)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:28 pm

No turkey here, just a nice roast duck and many thanks.

For recipe swappers: I skinned the duck (losing most of the fat in the process), and marinated it overnight in a 50:50 mix of honey and cumin. Stuffing was wild rice, shitake mushrooms, pecan-smoked sausage, leeks, and mango chunks! 325 for 2:30. Served with baked sweet potatos, veggies, and a very nice bottle of De Torin "Z", 2004. Much yum!

Zazu

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:46 pm

Randy B wrote:Mix Rum and Wild Turkey in a tall glass and stir. Darph, you willing to be the tester for this combo? :D: :eek:
"If" you all only knew........darph drinks choc. milk. :eek: There darph, I ruined your rep but someday "ewe" may be thankful for me. :rolleyes: Like not! :p: A LATE BUT VERY BLESSED HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! :turkey:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:23 am

Zazu wrote:No turkey here, just a nice roast duck and many thanks.

For recipe swappers: I skinned the duck (losing most of the fat in the process), and marinated it overnight in a 50:50 mix of honey and cumin. Stuffing was wild rice, shitake mushrooms, pecan-smoked sausage, leeks, and mango chunks! 325 for 2:30. Served with baked sweet potatos, veggies, and a very nice bottle of De Torin "Z", 2004. Much yum!
OOO...that stuffing sounds just delish! We made duck one year for Xmas but we didnt care for it as it was too greasy. Should we have trimmed the fat? Oh well, I think I did good for never having made it before. LOL