Interesting conversation on the bus tonight...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Interesting conversation on the bus tonight...

Post by Cranbiz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:49 am

"If you can't watch your step, please watch your language"

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:54 am

Cranbiz wrote:"If you can't watch your step, please watch your language"
Can't remember who, exactly, I first took that from. My current use comes from Zazu, right here. That's right, folks... my guests get a taste of SGT without even knowing it.

Tonight, I think I recruited another bus driver who is good at storytelling. Oh, and he's one of the happy ones that I like being around. Hope he joins in.

Best story I heard tonight was from a trainer with a new trainee. He had the guy complaining constantly about life and Disney and everything to a point where I guess he said something to the trainee "You know, everyone else I know who felt the way you do to the extreme you do decided to eat the end of a shotgun. Why haven't you?" Yeah, it's mean, but I know who he's talking about, and I've heard enough complaining from him that I know if I had to spend twelve days alone with him, listening to him, I might be tempted to ask the same. I do certainly wonder why you would want to work at Disney if you're that depressed and have to take it and press it on your coworkers. Let it at least be a happy place for me.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CelebrationNM » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:31 am

Related to that, I think I heard this on JC years ago: "Please watch your step as you exit the vehicle. If you miss your step and hit your head then please watch your mouth...this is a family attraction."

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:32 am

When I did Keys to the Kingdom, our tour guide said that as we got off of the Jungle Cruise!

Must be a Disney thing...

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:35 am

Big Wallaby wrote:They have one along the lines, "Ladies and gentlemen, at Disney World we try to provide a family environment. For this reason, we ask that you please mind your use of language. Thank you" or something like that.

They have an announcement for everything. Even ones impersonally wishing guests happy birthdays, happy anniversaries, wishing them a great first visit, etc. Very sad.
Horrid!

Two years ago (March 2005) I took my first trip to Disney in six years. We went to MK that night. On the way back, the bus driver was great, asking everyone when birthdays were and all that. There was one child who happened to have a March birthday, and the driver gave him some little memento as well as a chance to have a picture taken in the driver's seat back at the resort.

Why would Disney want to discourage this kind of interaction? :mad:

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:56 am

The problem with any interaction with guests is that the word gets around pretty fast. Soon people expect to have the free gifts and the interaction. Why didn't the CM say "watch your language"? oh the horror of being dissed by a CM or any person especially a public servant.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 pm

mechurchlady wrote:The problem with any interaction with guests is that the word gets around pretty fast. Soon people expect to have the free gifts and the interaction. Why didn't the CM say "watch your language"? oh the horror of being dissed by a CM or any person especially a public servant.
Too true. Over the years there were more and more drivers (small D) who only wanted to drive. And fewer and fewer CM Drivers who were interrested in making the trip part of the Disney Experience (pat pend). As this trend got further and further toward the silent driver, more and more often even important info was not being verbalized. So by having a "taped" speil at least the guests get some of the info. But I wish they had given some thought to the few Drivers who were still trying to be entertaining and informative. Options is good, requirements either way can be trouble. JMHO

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Not to go OT, but I just realized that the "Chubby Bunny" game you described in the OP is infamous. I seem to recall several schools here in San Diego warning parents about kids playing this, and choking. Not able to get rid of the marshmellos! Is that what they were talking about?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Not to go OT, but I just realized that the "Chubby Bunny" game you described in the OP is infamous. I seem to recall several schools here in San Diego warning parents about kids playing this, and choking. Not able to get rid of the marshmellos! Is that what they were talking about?

I do believe that was the game the were playing, however, what they were talking about in front of BW had nothing to do with marshmellos! :rolleyes:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:34 am

Girl 3 (to girl 4): Hey, I think you would be really, really good at this, with the way you like to put *things* in your mouth.
Usually that is code for sexual stuff and an innuendo. It was a typical girl remark and maybe they did not really get the true meaning of what was said.

Chubby Bunny has had two deaths reported. T
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/chubbybunny.asp

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/chubby_bunny
that is about the first death

http://www.pedsccm.org/RARE/Chubby_bunny.html
This medically explains actually what happens.