Just when you think you've heard it all..

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Just when you think you've heard it all..

Post by pattimelt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Quick reminder: I work the MAIN ENTRANCE at DLR in TICKETING.. (you'll see where this is going, I promise!!)

So I was answering phone calls today, and long about 4pm, I get a call from this gentleman(SG) who wants to call and COMPLAIN to me because as he states, "I live in the Anaheim RV park, and the sulfur from your fireworks is mixing with water and RUINING the roof of my HOUSE!!!" Ok, so my first thought is to tell this SG that he should just go MOVE his house, but I digress..

He continues: " I want someone from 'that park' to come to my HOUSE and look at the damage your fireworks have caused and I also want your company to repair my roof!"

I explain to above described SG that this is the TICKETING department, and that I can't handle that type of complaint-- and proceed to transfer him to Guest Communications where they will sit and listen to him complain and then offer him 2, one day comps for his trouble... :notallthe

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Just when you think you've heard it all..

Post by Whazzup » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 pm

All right all you chemical engineers out there - is it really possible that the sulfur from the fireworks is ruining his roof? Kinda doubt it, but what do I know.

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Yeah, I work with Patti sometimes, and you do get SG with stupid questions calling the ticket line.
I had a SG call, not to order Mickey HH tickets, but to complain because she called a couple weeks before and was told they were sold out for the day she wanted, and after talking with me that day she found out there were some tickets left, and now, since she couldn't get time off work, she couldn't come on that particular day!!! She called to complain to me that she could not get time off work. Shouldn't she be complaining to her boss? And she then complained that even if she could get time off, (which she couldn't, she told me several times), she thought it was unfair that we would have to charge her $20 for overnight shipping to ensure that she would receive her tickets in time for the event, the event that she could not possibly get time off from work. She couldn't get time off work, so what did it matter what it costs to ship them to her?
But none of this mattered, because she couldn't get the time off of work now!!! Then she proceeded to tell me the approximate day and time that she called, like I'm going to track down the CM that gave her inaccurate info. She didn't have a name, exact time or day, and I hadn't been in that dept. for 3 weeks, so it wasn't like I was going to find out who it was anyway!!

Terrytunes

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:45 am

pattimelt wrote:Ok, so my first thought is to tell this SG that he should just go MOVE his house, but I digress..
Heh. I would so say that, which is way I might not last long in any guest services role. :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 am

But don't you know that it IS your fault. After all you work for Disney, right???? :rolleyes: I cannot believe the rudeness level that is now rampant in our society. Someone calls JUST to tell you she can't get off work and come to the Park. That is so stupid. Don't they have better things to do with their time? I mean, people seem to feel so ENTITLED now. I don't know where this attitude came from, but it seems to be everywhere and if you don't practically bend over backwards like a Cirque du Soleil performer, they get all huffy and get their nose out of joint. When did this sense of entitlement deal start and why? I cannot imagine getting on a phone to ream someone about not getting the day off and not being able to go to the HH because of a simple mistake. Go next year! Geeze, I wonder what they do when something really bad happens, I mean an accident or a serious illness, probably ream out the medical staff for not catering to their every need.

Some of the SGs are just funny and idiotic, but some are downright mean and vicious to CMs. I don't get it. :(
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:48 am

BRWombat wrote:Heh. I would so say that, which is way I might not last long in any guest services role. :cool:

You and me both Wombat, you and me both... :(
sooze

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:23 am

susislicker wrote:But don't you know that it IS your fault. After all you work for Disney, right???? :rolleyes: I cannot believe the rudeness level that is now rampant in our society. Someone calls JUST to tell you she can't get off work and come to the Park. That is so stupid. Don't they have better things to do with their time? I mean, people seem to feel so ENTITLED now. I don't know where this attitude came from, but it seems to be everywhere and if you don't practically bend over backwards like a Cirque du Soleil performer, they get all huffy and get their nose out of joint. When did this sense of entitlement deal start and why? I cannot imagine getting on a phone to ream someone about not getting the day off and not being able to go to the HH because of a simple mistake. Go next year! Geeze, I wonder what they do when something really bad happens, I mean an accident or a serious illness, probably ream out the medical staff for not catering to their every need.

Some of the SGs are just funny and idiotic, but some are downright mean and vicious to CMs. I don't get it. :(
susi
Oh, They do Susi....Ream us out for everything. Yesterday at my clinic, everyone walks in at once,and the new policy is that a nurse has to see each patient before we even make an appointment. So, just like Disneyland, there is a wait, with only having an extremely urgent/ emergency condition gets you a FastPass.
Mind you, people with TRUE emergencies shouldn't be reporting to the Urgent Care, they should go to ER, but we take good care of them.
So, guess who gets it when the patient has waited an hour to see me, and only now they can make an appointment to see the doctor later? :rolleyes:
This is why I hang out on SGT, it shows me that *some* people are going to act poorly even when THEY ARE THERE FOR A GOOD TIME. It puts things in perspective for me.
The other thing I appreciate about SGT is that you all are the FUNNIEST people on the internet! :D: You all ROCK! :rocker:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 am

Sadly, it's the way most people parent their kids. It's the way the school system raises kids. It's the fact that we can't have games like Red Rover or Dodgeball on the playground because someone might get hurt, or worse, they might get their feelings hurt.

I'm glad I grew up before this current crop of coddled kids.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Sadly, it's the way most people parent their kids. It's the way the school system raises kids. It's the fact that we can't have games like Red Rover or Dodgeball on the playground because someone might get hurt, or worse, they might get their feelings hurt.

I'm glad I grew up before this current crop of coddled kids.
But to a certain extent, it's the way parents want the school systems to raise their kids. It's the parents wanting to relive their own lives through their children. Not that that is a bad thing, but to take it to the extent that parents today do, is just sad. These are the same parents that didn't get first place at something they tried, so when they realize that their kids won't either, they complain that "everyone" should get a trophy, not just 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

It's Jan Brady syndrome.

Hey Syndrome, is there a disease for this? I mean, all you head doctors come up with some abbreviated disease name nowadays. ;)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:18 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Sadly, it's the way most people parent their kids. It's the way the school system raises kids. It's the fact that we can't have games like Red Rover or Dodgeball on the playground because someone might get hurt, or worse, they might get their feelings hurt.
Or their parents beat the crap out of eachother for one kid hurting the other in soccer or Little League. Great role models... :rolleyes: