Root Canal Vs. DLR Attractions- Which Do You Prefer?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Max Fischer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: -Rushmore Academy- Founder, Rushmore Bee Keepers Society

Root Canal Vs. DLR Attractions- Which Do You Prefer?

Post by Max Fischer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:28 am

Okay, first- thanks for the great input on the tool-like guests. I will strive to play nice and be cool with everyone. I also think that if I see a guest being a dick, I will be sure to shut him/her down.

Moving on... As DLR pros, what attractions do you think are cool, and which ones are as exciting as watching old people eat? Additionally, what are some cool things to do that maybe the average guest doesn't know about? I ask because in October my GF and I are making our first trip to DLR, and I am curious which attractions are no bueno.

Thanks!

'It is always darkest just before it goes pitch black.'

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:51 am

You will HAVE to go to Haunted Mansion because it'll be dressed up for Nightmare Before Christmas. It's freakin' RAD!!! (And I'll be there so it'll be well worth it if nothing else.)
In Critter Country- Pooh isn't that hot. The only thing cool in that ride is the hephalump that farts. Splash won't be up. Pirates is a must. Anything on the river isn't like great but it's kinda neat to be on a steambaot.
Adventure/Frontierland- Indy is a good one. Jungle? You have to go in with the attitude that it's a cheesy ride and only you can make it fun. The skippers do tell some funny jokes but they're lame so you just gotta laugh. Thunder...oh that's right. Yah you'll have to come back in like a year to go on that one.
Fantasyland- It'll be slow so you'll be able to get on those rides in no time. They're not the greatest but you should go on them at least once in your lifetime. The best ones are Peter Pan and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I also like Snow White because it's scary. At least I think it is. Matterhorn is a must. There are two different sides to it so make sure you go on both. Small World, if it's open then that one is strictly up to you. I'm not gonna say "sure! go on it!" and then you have that song in your head and you come to find me to linch me.
Toon Town- Eh. I kinda like everyone's houses. But I'm a sap for all that, Mickey Mouse is real sh*t so there you go.
Tomorrowland- ghost town. It's ok. Auto, Tours, Honey, Astro, and Innoventions. That's about it and the rides aren't all that great. But again everyone should go on them at least once in their lifetime. And if you're in to computers and stuff you'll like Innoventions.
You should go on the Disneyland Railroad just for nostalgic sake.

I hope that helps. Hey guys... did I miss anything?

Vance likes ham.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:02 pm

unless facilities did some serious work on Matterhorn since I last worked there (95), I'd stay off of that one. Anyone else remember the sled coming into the station dragging the chicken wire? Long story.

I'd go into the park with the idea that with the exception of the newer thrill rides it was made for families to enjoy together, so most of the old rides would be considered lame by the x-games crowd, but they're sweet, and when you're with a little kid, they're totally believable to the kid. Taken my share of little ones around for their "first" trips - for some reason I get teary in Fantasyland (despite disliking working in the area intensely) when I'm with a niece or nephew getting their first glimpse at Small World or one of the dark rides. 3-year-olds find Toad and Book scary. And although I got bored working day after day on the late, great Bear Band, I never got tired of the Tiki room. In a way, it's historical - it was the very first audio-animatronic attraction. I love the Hawaiian war chant - what can I say. I know the show has been abridged - they took out the Hoffman Bacharole (rather an elegant tune for such a silly theme), but it's a nice place when the guests are a little tired.

If you're a first time visitor, I'd suggest taking the time to look for the little details in the architecture and landscaping. There are all kinds of small surprises scattered throughout the park that make it a pleasure to enjoy in quiet moments. I love the little surprises (like the "critter houses") on the west side and Fantasyland (love the White Rabbit's house there, along with his little carrot patch).

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:10 pm

if you point out the exact date when you come i might be able to get you a tour of walt's appartment. but that depends on traffic in ther and weather or not you can stand the smell of old people which will never leave that place...
other then that what i can definatly offer you is to make your tickes parkhoppers unless you are planning on buying multiday tix anyways. that way you can get a peak into california adventure.
a good way to kind of get an overview over things is to go on the monorail and take a roundtrip fom tomorrowland station.
i totaly agree with the tiki room - so much history...
you know what, if you want to take a couple of hours in the morning, take the red carpet tour. $25 gets you the perfect overview over the 2 parks and downtown disney.
no, i'm not just pimping my tour off. it is realy good for first time visitors.
other thigs to do is jungle cruise but do it at night when it's dark, better atmosphere.
storybook canal boats make you feel like a kid again - so wonderfull.
since your in fantasyland there you have to do peter pan.
great moments with mister lincoln has new soundeffects, definatly something to check out.
if you come on a weekend make fantasmic reservations 30 days in advance by calling 714-781-4400. $47 a person gets you balcony seating, unlimited desert buffee and nonalcoholic drinks. oh and ya the show is very cool too, but it's all about the cheesecake...
star tours is pretty cool in tomorrowland.
pay attention to the small things around you not just run for the rides. the details are what make the real magic.

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:30 pm

VonSeegs wrote:Pooh isn't that hot. The only thing cool in that ride is the hephalump that farts.
........... :shock: :shock: :shock: What!?! LOL! That's hilarious! :lol:
And is it me? Or does Hephalumps sound like an STD?

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:49 am

Pretty soon you'll be hearing an ad on tv: "It used to take 7 days for an outbreak of Hephalumps to clear but now with zimphonagmatica I'm back to my life in just a few weeks!"

The one that makes the noise though is on the right hand side. I think it's holding a balloon or something and has a spiral thingy in it's tummy.

Vance likes ham.

cheshire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by cheshire » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:31 pm

VonSeegs wrote:Splash won't be up.
October 22 :D They moved it up by two weeks.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:52 pm

Let's here it for the RIVER ATTRACTIONS... ok, I know that they are slow... but come on... the Columbia, now that's hot! And for crap's sake, if you go on the canoes... PLEASE PADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Cause If you don't row, we don't go!

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:43 pm

"Lets paddle backwards!" :roll:

::Smacks dumb guest::

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:55 pm

Let's not and say we did? And remember, keep the water IN THE RIVER!

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!