Giant Photos

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Giant Photos

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:48 am

Polar33 wrote:I'm not really a fan of that method, as it dosn't do anything to help improve page load times for those with slower internet connections. Ideally I would like to have something that would auto resize images to fit in the post, but also provide access to a full size version for those who want one.
Problem with that is that it requires the image to be uploaded to this server instead of Flickr, Photobucket, or another photo hosting site. Photos take up a lot of space and could fill up the server pretty quickly.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Giant Photos

Post by ktulu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 am

Shorty82 wrote:Problem with that is that it requires the image to be uploaded to this server instead of Flickr, Photobucket, or another photo hosting site. Photos take up a lot of space and could fill up the server pretty quickly.
That's why you resize them yourself, or limit the size one can upload. Drive
space is cheap, but it all depends on how the have the server setup. I'm looking at building my own server right now, I am hoping for at least 500Gb of space, if not more.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."