And we're back!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: And we're back!

Post by BRWombat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 am

leftcoaster wrote:I also like the tab feature, where you do not have to have multiple explorer windows up and switch to them, but you can have ONE Firefox up and switch sites via tabs.
Agreed, and it's even more awesome that you can click on a link with the scroll wheel on your mouse and the page opens up in a new tab. It's how I browse the new messages on SGT -- go through the listing of topics with new messages and open each on a new tab. Can't be beat.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:17 am

BRWombat wrote:Agreed, and it's even more awesome that you can click on a link with the scroll wheel on your mouse and the page opens up in a new tab. It's how I browse the new messages on SGT -- go through the listing of topics with new messages and open each on a new tab. Can't be beat.
I use that feature ALL the time. When checking my subscription emails I click the link with the scroll wheel so it opens in a new tab, otherwise it would open in a new window as that is Gmail's default. I open one link, delete the email, open the next email, open link, delete, and so on until all the subscriptions are open.

I also use it when checking the board itself.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:32 am

BRWombat wrote:Agreed, and it's even more awesome that you can click on a link with the scroll wheel on your mouse and the page opens up in a new tab. It's how I browse the new messages on SGT -- go through the listing of topics with new messages and open each on a new tab. Can't be beat.
Okay, I'll respond to the business post first. I love that feature too. Other people walk by and see me on SGT with forty-seven tabs open, responding often to multiple posts at once, and out of the corner of my eye, I see them just shake their head and walk off without a word. They've given up on wondering why I have so many tabs open at once.

It's also great for comparing information, because you can have multiple pages and just flip between them, compare, flip back, compare, look at something else, and go back to the original page with ease.

Another thing that is nice, because Firefox is an open source program, people can come along and develop plugins for it. One of my favorites is one where I always have the weather displaying in my browser, in the lower toolbar. I can be posting, get ready for work, take one last look at my browser before I walk out the door and decide if I need to take an umbrella. If there's severe weather on the way, it even gives you a little pop-up, you can click it for more information. There's also a plug-in where you can click the edge of the screen and it opens up a second window at the same time as your original window is open, and that's even better for comparing.

Wow, reading that, I can't deny my attention deficit. I can't group like ideas together to save my life.

But anyway, that multi-window thing is great on my 22" widescreen display. Right now, I am looking at SGT four times on my screen, in four different threads. It's lovely.
Cheshire Figment wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]Who Wants To Be Normal?![/font]
Hey, now, there was a time when I did... And then I realized what I really wanted to be was regular. Thankfully, I am... but never normal.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:...Another thing that is nice, because Firefox is an open source program, people can come along and develop plugins for it. One of my favorites is one where I always have the weather displaying in my browser, in the lower toolbar. I can be posting, get ready for work, take one last look at my browser before I walk out the door and decide if I need to take an umbrella. If there's severe weather on the way, it even gives you a little pop-up, you can click it for more information. There's also a plug-in where you can click the edge of the screen and it opens up a second window at the same time as your original window is open, and that's even better for comparing....
I've got ForecastFox also -- ForecastFox Enhanced, actually -- and it's awesome. During stormy weather, I love the radar icon that pops up a current animated radar image just by rolling your mouse over it!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:59 am

You guys are making me want Firefox.....You can look at 4 threads at the same time????? Wow! I don't know if my brain could handle that. It might explode!
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:02 am

Just to entice you more... I have two more add-ons to Firefox. One lets me download embedded videos -- so I can keep copies of things I find on YouTube etc. The other is called Ad-aware. It blanks out all the advertising on pages.

You want this... you need this... give in to the siren call of Firefox... :)

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:27 pm

Ah, ad block plus (probably what you're thinking of, ad-aware is anti-spyware).

Forcast fox is on mine as well, also colorful tabs. Firefox rules, I like it over Safari too :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:57 pm

ktulu wrote:Ah, ad block plus (probably what you're thinking of, ad-aware is anti-spyware).

Forcast fox is on mine as well, also colorful tabs. Firefox rules, I like it over Safari too :)
Yep, Adblock Plus, sorry. I'd had to deal with a mess of tracking cookies at work recently -- from using Explorer! -- so I had Ad-Aware on the brain.

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:13 pm

BRWombat wrote:One lets me download embedded videos -- so I can keep copies of things I find on YouTube etc.
Which program is that again?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Which program is that again?
Yea, what he said.