And we're back!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: And we're back!

Post by ktulu » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 am

Zazu wrote:It's listed under "Food & Drink": :popcorn:
But it doesn't show up very well under Lynx.
Nope, but I bet the page loads faster than on any other browser ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:21 pm

May I make a suggestion?

First off, I do like the new format, and I do like having the buttons in the blue bar across the top: Home, UserCP, Register, Calendar, Members, FAQ, Search, Forums.

Since the board shows you where you are within the forums: StupidGuestTricks.com > General Discussion > Cast Communications > And we're back! . . .

Would it not be good to have an easy way to get back to the top of the forums? IE: the page that shows all the different forums? My thought is that if you click on the blue button "Home" that should take you to the "front page" of SGT.com, but clicking on StupidGuestTricks.com takes you back to the same place, and not the main forum page.

Cujo, Polar, Zazu, do you follow what I'm saying?

Just a thought, FWIW.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:39 am

Polar33 wrote:Just because I can...

:Firefox:
Heeeey now....I have Internet Explorer and it has been very, very good to me...But I AM definitely open to a faster way to cruise the Internet...suggestions anyone. It has to be simple so I can understand it and Ralphie MUST approve the change. He was not thrilled when he had to remove Firefox after I could not figure out what I had done to the computer after adding it, we lost our regular homepage :eek: , I made a teeny tiny mistake and he fixed it! :D: He is always cleaning up my mistakes on the computer and he is the one who taught me to load pics, I finally gave him time on the pooter to do it!!!! ;)
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:44 pm

susislicker wrote:Heeeey now....I have Internet Explorer and it has been very, very good to me...But I AM definitely open to a faster way to cruise the Internet...suggestions anyone. It has to be simple so I can understand it and Ralphie MUST approve the change. He was not thrilled when he had to remove Firefox after I could not figure out what I had done to the computer after adding it, we lost our regular homepage :eek: , I made a teeny tiny mistake and he fixed it! :D: He is always cleaning up my mistakes on the computer and he is the one who taught me to load pics, I finally gave him time on the pooter to do it!!!! ;)
susi
I used to use Explorer. After I clicked on a link one time and got a very nasty virus, I swore that I would never use Explorer again. I use explorer on one or two sites that won't load properly on Firefox - probably because the web site code is written to optimize explorer.

Firefox is great in that it will block pop-ups all by itself. It also allows you to configure the pop up blocker to allow pop-ups for one (or more) sites only.

I also like the tab feature, where you do not have to have multiple explorer windows up and switch to them, but you can have ONE Firefox up and switch sites via tabs.

If you try and load a site and you need some plug in for something, it will tell you what you need, and if you click on it, it will d/l it for you. Usually you do not even have to reload Firefox.

Firefox is constantly being upgraded.

My $0.02.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:27 pm

leftcoaster wrote:If you try and load a site and you need some plug in for something, it will tell you what you need, and if you click on it, it will d/l it for you. Usually you do not even have to reload Firefox.

Firefox is constantly being upgraded.

My $0.02.
Surprisingly, Netscape has finally entered the 21st century. It's based on the same code as Firefox and has proven (IMHO) to be very stable. It gets the same updates as Firefox.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

hobie16 wrote:Surprisingly, Netscape has finally entered the 21st century. It's based on the same code as Firefox and has proven (IMHO) to be very stable. It gets the same updates as Firefox.
The new Netscape is based on Firefox code? How ironic considering that Firefox was originally based on Netscape code.

I love Firefox. I even have a shirt and a Firefox plush from them.

There's a reason why Explorer is nicknamed Exploder. It is so buggy and full of holes it isn't funny. M$ also doesn't follow the web standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and instead set their own standards. This is why some pages do not show up right in Firefox, the webmaster wrote it using IE standards instead of the web standards. The W3C is who makes up the web standards and the different HTML variants.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:36 pm

Shorty82 wrote:The new Netscape is based on Firefox code? How ironic considering that Firefox was originally based on Netscape code.
Both are based on Mozilla. Camino is another stable Mozilla-based browser.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:23 am

So I should get rid of The Exploder and go with Firefox? :confused: I guess I just need time to learn it. It looked so different and I was nervous I had done something wrong when I loaded it. You all think Firefox is better, it sounds like. We have been very lucky with Explorer, never had a virus from it yet, Knock on wood...I guess there will be a first time sometime...
I will have to consult with Ralphie about this again...Firefox...hmmmmmm...
susi

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 am

susislicker wrote:just on Cast Communications....

So we are normal?????? :D:

That is a relief, tho I thought NOT being normal was a requirement for membership here! :twisted:
susi
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Who Wants To Be Normal?![/font]
Which is a usual comment made by Mensans.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:13 am

NO ONE HERE... :D: