And we're back!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: And we're back!

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Polar33 wrote:Regarding the links; the file structure has been changed a bit to allow for a cleaner (and easier) interface. Those of you that have personal bookmarks set to lead to the site and the posts contained here will need to update them. Also, there are several other websites and search engines that link directly to posts, pages, and files that are found here. These links will no longer function properly until each search engine or website updates them. The safest bet if you wish to link to SGT is to link to the main page (http://www.stupidguesttricks.com), as that will always remain the same.
Thanks, Polar for your hard work. One question though, are we going to get the ability to multiquote anytime> That is the main thing lacking from this forum IMO.

Anybody have any ideas where the threads I'm looking for are? Here's what I posted about it the other day:

Now I'm cussing. I search for the subject of the threads I bookmarked and get told:
Stupid Search Engine wrote:Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search :
The words not included are the main words of the subject! I just tried searching for "Acronyms, Codes, and Other Terms" and got told the "Other" wasn't searched for and got the same error but I search for just "Acronyms" and find the thread (along with a lot of others). If I can find the thread searching for "Acronyms" shouldn't I be able to find it searching for the entire subject?

The other threads I'm looking for are "New CM, well almost" (with "New, well, almost" removed, the entire subject nearly) and "What have attractions been called?" (with "What, have, been"). I know that if I search for just "CM" or "attractions" I would wind up with a million results to sort through.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 am

ktulu wrote:Wow, still at it :buttkiss: :D:
Of course ktulu!!! Yet will never be as GOOD as you are. :D: :p:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:32 am

Main Streeter wrote:Of course ktulu!!! Yet will never be as GOOD as you are. :D: :p:
See, there you go again :buttkiss:

:D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am

ktulu wrote:Wow, still at it :buttkiss:

Main Streeter wrote:Of course ktulu!!! Yet will never be as GOOD as you are. :D: :p:
ktulu wrote:See, there you go again :buttkiss:

One second.

Hmm... can't seem to find the popcorn smiley.

Go ahead and continue, but wait to get to the good part until I can find it and return.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:08 pm

Polar33 wrote:www.stupidguesttricks.com/vb3/[/URL]", if you remove the "vb3/" so that it only starts with "www.stupidguesttricks.com/" it should fix it. This should work with most of the posts.
NOW you tell us.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 pm

I got it to work by just putting in http://www.stupidguesttricks.com, then reset my Firefox button so it would reflect the proper place.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I got it to work by just putting in http://www.stupidguesttricks.com, then reset my Firefox button so it would reflect the proper place.
Once again, :wombat: :bow: :bow: :bow: :wallaby: for also using Firefox!!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm

BRWombat wrote:Once again, :wombat: :bow: :bow: :bow: :wallaby: for also using Firefox!!!
Now, there's no need for that.

Not that I'm complaining...

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Firefox, bah...

Lynx! That's a real browser :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:One second.

Hmm... can't seem to find the popcorn smiley.

Go ahead and continue, but wait to get to the good part until I can find it and return.
It's listed under "Food & Drink": :popcorn:
But it doesn't show up very well under Lynx.

Zazu